bans for everyone

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dubee, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

yeah. and especailly with the SMG's (as the currently are), i still feel like they're too weak. occasionally, you will creep up on two completely unsuspecting enemies, and yet only be able to kill one before the other has reacted or you have to reload. and don't call me crap, this happens at all med - short ranges.

2. arklansman

arklansman Member

SMG's should be able to fire explosive cows.
    O wait this isn't the black hole.

3. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

The SMG1s have lost 7 damage, which is indeed a lot. I'll increase the damage to 20 (from 17), and we'll see how it goes.

EDIT: Wait, it's already 20 damage [​IMG] It really shouldn't be that weak now, you still need five bullets to kill someone (original damage was 24), and I didn't even touch the accuracy and rate of fire :p

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

problem is that with all weapons, the damage decreases with range. so that's 5 shots at point blank, but about 15 - 20 at mid range, and a clip of always hitting them at long range.

5. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Nope, that's just with the ranged rifles ;)

6. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

*hugs* :)

7. arklansman

arklansman Member

You mine us? :p

*slightly off topic*
    How did I miss this post until now?

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i dunno about bob, but not being able to play empires doesnt bother me

I like jane i've played some good games with her. But unfortunatly alot of people do pick on her all the time and try to start fights.

for me playing video games is my escape from real life drama.. but i guess theres ppl with no drama in there life so they feel they need to create it in a virtual world

9. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

You know, you've pretty much answered a nagging question I've been asking myself ever since I discovered the horrible internet, thank you :)

All this silly conflict has temporarily put me off (Which of course doesn't matter, since I'm you know, unimportant :p ). I too missed the (Laggy) old days of 1.00 and there after. Despite the 'sandbox' early games it was fun, meager two tank rushes followed by "Wow that was awesome", and so we'd do it again despite the lack of strategic importance. Hmm, all this reminiscing (sp?) makes me want to play again.

Which is what I did. I joined the ONE server and played two rounds, second one I just managed to comm a winning game (Despite my flaws), I almost forgot how fun this mod actually is.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Hugs for everyone!

I don't like how BF2142 has nicked all our ideas, especially the 4 classes bit.

11. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

or the APCs act as spawn points :P

12. Goose

Goose Member

or apcs having escape pods

wait scratch that.... We should steal that idea. Nothing like having 300+ pod kills.