bans for everyone

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dubee, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i'll join you

Im just so tierd of all these grudges within clans and people. We all need to just get a long and have fun together..

ps. thanks for moving my thread, i couldnt think of where to put it

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  2. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I always enjoyed sitting at the desktop talking to people in the server. It was always a good time :)

Do you know if it still gets those lag spikes? I still notice them in HLSW even when nobody is playing =/

3. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I tried to give it a test run, but I didnt get over 8 players on the server before they started leaving, I also havent had much time the last month or so, don't think it ever had a proper run, not that I know of.
    I doubt the lag spikes would be much of a problem but we'll have to see ingame.

4. GI-Jane

GI-Jane Member

Wtf

IF ur gonna make accusations post evidence u guys are getting pathetic, I was playing that game an it wasnt me moaning bout the tank rushes but you all moan if u die from my mines. Jeez I dont hear u slagging BOB for mining the cv.

5. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

There's one thing that made Empires bad: artillery. Ever since lag was reduced, artillery can actually hit things, and it can do that too good.
    Also, lack of an update to the mod has caused most people to quit playing, once V1.8 is out it'll get better.

6. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Y helo thar non-R&D server player :p

7. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

Yeah, that is my main complaint with empires right now. Usually, there is just one occupied server. Oh well, when 1.08/1.8 comes out, that will hopefully change.

8. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

You guys got the arty right on the R&D But all of the guns feel like peashotters :(

The NF engineer SMG 1 is better then the BE rifle 2...

9. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

BSID R&D Gun Logo, Cybers way.
    The guns are like BB guns.
    They can kill, but they will take a while.

The arty there though is a lot better, since it doesn't work like a super tank.

Staying with the original topic.
    I think the bans are getting crazy, and some players like calling the ban card to solve problems. Well I could name players, but I don't want to flame.
    I just think it is funny after a while though.

10. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I have to say that the way the arty is on the R&D is way more risky.
    I used to be very causious around artys, waiting for the right moment to strike, but on the R&D last time I played, I was like "pfff its nerfed" and died 4 times in a row by it

11. Beerdude26

Man what is it with people getting annoyed with waiting a few more milliseconds to kill someone, lol :p If you really want, I'll speed up the weapon speeds for everything (or just certain weapons).

12. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

We all played Counter Strike, in an open area, fire fights only last 5 seconds. In Empires, its 8+

13. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

In the original Empires fight it only takes 2 seconds for me.
    Sonata you suck, I'm kidding... your average. (I know him moderators, it is a joke.)
    The power is decrease way to much for what is needed.

14. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Hahaha :). I play engie too much. Maybe i should be rifleman for a change

15. GI-Jane

GI-Jane Member

No Please guys lets forget this topic , I apologise to all about screaming BAN but when u see everyone playing on BSID an I cant get on its frustrating so I reacted bad, Gawd knows how Dubee an Bob must be feeling.
    I have been looking at other Mods but in truth I will miss Mining u guys MY apologies and YOU WILL HEAR NO MORE CRAP from me, sorry !!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Beerdude26

With the original settings, killing a person with a BE rifle takes exactly 0.165 seconds. NF rifle usually takes longer because it has crappy accuracy, but with damage increase you'll get killed in 0.110 seconds.

To be honest, not being able to react at all != fun.

I'll make a poll in the General Discussion forum now, so we can get a good view of how the community feels about this. Because how much I'd like it to be the current R&D speed, this is still a democracy. ;)

17. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

it's kinda funny... i can usually get behind cover when being shot at, but its so damn easy to kill someone when i see them.

What's good is being able to kill more than one person with a clip. what's good is being able to kill someone point blank very quickly. what's good is being able to take time with your shots and be accurate over range. what isn't good is absolutely having to duck in order to shoot: currently, standing shooting is rediculously inaccurate (try shooting over the walls in crossroads).

There is also no difference between someone who has waited and trained their crouched shot, to someone who crouched half a second ago. I think after 3 - 4 seconds of being crouched or stood up, you should go into a more accurate mode, where, with some indication on your crosshair (such as the outside lengths of the lines of the crosshair getting longer), you can fire much much more accurately. you come out of accurate mode if you fire more than a 3 shot burst, or if hit in any way or form.

18. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

I barely play anymore due to the fact that every time I seek for a normal game with non-BB gun gameplay(seriously I hate the weapons on R&D and I've said it out loud several times), all I see is 4 or 6 players on R&D. :( I miss playing the proper Empires. I haven't gotten a good run for two months now and I need my fix badly. Sadly there isn't enough people to deliver it... :(

IMO the fast paced infantry combat was one of the hight points of this mod. The fact that you could surprise a stronger class and get a kill was a big part of the thrill for me, in R&D you can no longer do this because people have time to react after that half clip you already poured into their unsuspecting backs. :( I hate BB guns and I can't find a server that doesn't have BB guns with players. Result: I wait for 1.08 for more players and hope that I can abandon most of the BB gun combat with the cheaper tanks.

I miss the old times, I miss the times when I could push rush and wipe of the dust, ask the engineer for some assistance and really get it or be the engineer helping the rifleman to push forward to the flag... Or those numerous moments when I've been capturing the outer res nodes with another engineer, the vicious close combat and the ultimate vitory(or defeat).

19. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Agreed, what made it so great was that if you ambushed a group of 3 people, you can easily kill 2 by surprize and then the 3rd one could react fast enough to kill you; or they notice you and all 3 shoot so much lead into you that "Overkill" isnt enough...

Thats what made it so great; the rush of a sucsessfull ambush, or a good fight, because you know if you dont duck in and out of cover, or just move so irradicly the enemy goes "wtf?" you would be dead... in the R&D server, it is possible to take a few straight on hits without taking too much damage

And think about this; when you are fighting 2 seconds is a LIFETIME...

20. Tyberian

Tyberian Member

From the thread of conversation I was following last night it is almost a badge of honor to be banned from some of the servers. Almost like you have arrived....It appears that some of the bans were for nit noy ridiculous little things... Like one of you said... Tank rushing... A favorite tactic for NF in Money.....It is apparent that some of the so called players have nothing better to do than be the game nazis......Too bad that they end up missing out on so much of the fun.