Balance the Factions so they're equal

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Bort, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

this is where it stops making sense - why in the world would you ever do that?
    once you hit the gaspedal of a LT the only reason to release it is because you need to do a full turn ...

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  2. Bort

Bort Member

Seriously. Have most of you never played a game on the NF side and and had the BE side rush with AFV's? It seems to be a very common tactic (because it works due to the imbalance!).

3. Bort

Bort Member

To test it. DUH!!!!
    Which I have done with another player you may be familiar with. And...it's true. The AFV crushes the light tank. Every time.
    They are no match for each other.

4. flasche

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

"stop them parallel to eachother". Are you stupid? The whole speciality of the LT is the mobility. Even with standard engine it can run rings around the AFV. Of course the AFV will kill it if they're stationary, the AFV has an extra fucking plate. But the LT is faster, a smaller target and more manoeuvrable, as well as being able to fire lower than the AFV. That's the reason the LT beats the AFV most of the time. If anything, the only reason the AFV stands a chance at the moment is because of the LT self-hurt missile bug which keeps making people kill themselves in the LT.

6. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

yea if you're on nf you should go gren and have fun eating AFV's... sounds like you've had some pretty incapable teams Bort

7. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

what afv is subpar to an NF light, it may be able to hold one more plate of armor on all sides but it can't aim at anything under, aka and grenadiers or a light that's on it's ass. and horns and hats wtf? the devs added in horns like 4/5 years ago and haven't really touched them since so it's not like all their time is going towards horns. and hats where are these hats you speak about? nigga please if your team is getting raped by afv then your team needs serious help since NF wins every round.

I'd rather have alucard suggesting his already implemented suggestions than these crazy crack-cocaine fueled post.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  8. Bort

Bort Member

Granpolesmoker; Fuckoff, dipshit! (treat as you want to be treated, asshole! if you're going to insult - expect the same in return.)

Not everyone is on drugs like it seems most of you are, especially the dipshit that posted the last reply. Damn dude get an education!!! My 3 year old has better spelling and grammar! By your spelling and grammar it seems like you're the one on drugs, yet you insult and falsely accuse me of it. I can't believe community admins allow that kind of post here!!! wtf...

Idiot. This imbalance is here now so it was probably here 5 years ago when they added the horn.

Have you implemented anything?
    Answer = No? STFU!!!!!!!!!
    Answer = Yes? Lets see it!

"alucard"?????????? That isn't even a word.
    Did you mean LUCID?

How was my original post that created this thread not lucid?
    You must be high.

God...the level of education kids are getting these days. It's disgusting.
    Granted, some people are unfortunately mentally challenged, which you may be. If that's the case I apologize for my outburst towards you and you're forgiven. Being mentally retarded is a great excuse for your ignorance and insults, G.

9. Apex

Apex Member

You either can't read or you're a troll. It's like saying an SUV will always win a race against a sports car because the SUV will come out on top in a fenderbender. IF the NF LT had 3 plates of armor it would be GROSSLY overpowered to the AFV since the LT is much smaller. Last response since you're obviously too thickheaded to grasp this concept.

EDIT: Wow.. the forums jumped after I posted this... and the post he just made P'much proves he be trollin' with his shitty personal attacks.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  10. Demented

Demented Member

Also, Alucard is a person.

Actually, I think there was a time when the LT and the AFV had equal armor.
    The AFV's weakness as a fat "shoot me" sign that couldn't maneuver its way out of a paper bag made for many NF victories. The amount of whining back then was glorious.

11. Krazer

Krazer Member

So wait the argument is that AFV is better than the LT...?

Just wow.

12. flasche

i predict a quite short half-life for you ...

13. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Back when AFVs had a lower weight cap.

14. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Some of you are missing the point. The AFV is infact the stronger vehicle due to the extra plate. The extra plate doesn't make it balanced, it makes it stronger than the light tank.

The light tank however fills the gap by generally having more preferable composition and driving ability.

So in theory, an LT driver needs to be more skilled than an afv driver to use it properly. However, due to the sad and restrictive nature of the hull height, it becomes a lot harder for an AFV driver to kill shit at close range. While at medium to long range, the AFV is better.

I upped the armor plates per side to 3 on the AFV, hoping it would have exactly this effect. What Bort is complaining about is actually desired balance, but is lost in the translation because NF seems to have very little going for it right now. So the intent behind faction imbalances is completely lost in the sea of problem the game has, balance and gameplay wise.

More experienced players will obviously know that the NF light is the superior vehicle, but more experienced players will also have a better knowledge of armor, engine and weapon attributes. To the unexperienced, none of this makes any sense. There is absolutely no reason to blame Bort for not being as experienced, it's not a "lern2play" type of situation. Shit just makes very little sense to a new player.

15. Empty

Empty Member

OP is being a douchebag and the thread is going nowhere.
    Locked + temp ban for Bort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.