Balance the Factions so they're equal

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Bort, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bort

Bort Member

Granted, I am new compared to some other players. I'm quite surprised to see no suggestions on the forums (even in a search) pertaining to balancing the game so that one faction isn't stronger then the other when the game starts.

It seems almost indefinite that the NF light tank is very little to no match to the Brenodi Empire AFV which are the vehicle armaments both teams have available from the start of the game, after a Vehicle Factory is built.

I hope the community would agree with me that it's more important the developers take the time to either give NF a new, equal to the Brenodi AFV, Vehicle armament OR enhance the NF light tank so when the NF light tank and Brenodi AFV are in battle the winner is decided by the better shot and driver instead of it being like a mouse fighting an elephant.

BE has won almost every single game I've played because they rush in with AFV's leaving the NF team very little choice except to try to defend what they have with light tanks and level 1 turrets that aren't really that effective against the attack.

It is my opinion that top priority of the developers should be more towards evening the armament and player balance (number wise) instead of adding a horn to the vehicles or new "Hat" customization.

While the horn and hat additions have added fun and will add more capability for players I feel balance between the teams and their armament should be most important.

Can we get some balance? Please?

2. Bort

Bort Member

If there are posts on this subject...sorry...I missed them. I did do a search hoping to find and support the idea.

3. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

wut?

It's rather accepted that the NF light tank with a proper engine is better than the AFV in general in all manner of comparison. Sure the afv can take a hit or 2 more, but the light tank is much harder to hit.

If your team can't defend against afv's, there is a problem. Now, if that's an APC you speak of, then that's a different story. APC's are virtually the same except for the fact that BE has a top hatch a gren can shoot from or drop mines from.

I suggest searching the gameplay section of the forums for more discussion

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

yeh i agree with metal, id take a light over an afv any time ...

5. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

The entire game is NF sided.

But BE's cooler graphics and righteous war make up for it.

6. Empty

Empty Member

NF has the best early game vehicles (except for the BE APC)
    BE has the best late game vehicles.

7. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Do you dare imply that the NF Med > BE Med?

8. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

I eat AFV using my BE light everyday with cereal :)

And if com gives me an electric engine... the AFV can hardly hit me...

Keep your tank moving during tank confrontations and learn how to arc your cannon shots. Its hard not to miss the AFV because its sooo big.

9. Razorbud

Razorbud Coder

Unless someone has revisited them, the sum-total of effort spent on vehicle horns was a part-day of my time, over a year ago, so I don't think they were implemented at the expense of anything else

10. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

As you can see, yes everyone thinks one side is better than the other, but as nobody can agree which side it is, it's probably not that important.

For my money, the starting vehicles don't really matter, because they're all obscenely weak against grenadiers, they aren't worth getting until you have plenty of res, because until then you're wasting lots of money you could spend on more important things.

11. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

theres also other major imbalances that favor BE like their CV, barracks, armory and so on. also dont forget that they are very dark compaired to NF so their camo works better when its dark and you have a hard time to see stuff already.

and because of emptys early vs late argument. its no good way to balance, early ends early, late can go on for a while. think about it ...

all in all i think BE deffinately is the "better faction". but that would only show with equally skilled teams all the time. as long as there is a lot of vet-love for NF the imbalance is not so bad.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  12. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

NF

Light Tanks (debatable)
    Mines (most of the time, on non-explosion residue)
    4 man jeeps

BE

Top Hatch on APC's
    Heavies
    CV size/late game vehicle size
    Late game in general

There's much more, and I'll probably add more, but these are the stand-out basics.

13. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

If NF mines are better, it's a bug, not a feature.

14. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

The game is pretty balanced, there are pro's and cons to your subject, nf light tank can dodge way better then an afv + when you ram an afv with your lt on its side then he cant do jackshit cause hes so big and his aim will be off.

15. Bort

Bort Member

Well sure you can equip the NF Light tank with something to make it more equal to the Brenodi AFV. However that takes time and resources and by the time the NF team has the resources to do it, the BE team also has resources to beef up the AFV and the inbalance is still in effect.

Besides; I'm talking about in the very beginning of a game. They are no where near equal. They should be.

16. Apex

Apex Member

NF commanders usually get Absorbant+Coolant or Reactive+3-Phase or Abs.+B.Diesel. Any one of those can top any configuration of AFV. Only really threatened by decent grens or APC machineguns. Learn to drive an LT without stopping to fire.(This isn't counting maps like urbanchaos or streetsoffire with no room to maneuver.)

EDIT: And a paper LT(VERY beginning of game) will trump an AFV and armor/engine combos don't have a big time difference no matter what paths you take.

17. Michael

Michael Member

Yaaay, let's balance it! give 3 armor slots to LTs! :cute: (On the serious part: just remove the self killing missile effect, now that would balance shit.)

There may (surely) be inbalances, but generally the resource and management (aka how skilled players you have filling the critical roles) decides.

18. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

GET THE BIGGER PICTURE PLEASE, it's not just bout layers of armor its about the light tank being harder to hit since its smaller and the afv having more chance to get hit cause its bigger now please stop this discussion cause its pretty useless, your wrong. most of the people here are saying the same.

19. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I shed a tear of joy reading this thread. :')

IN A GOOD WAY, NOT SARCASTIC. YOU MISTRUSTFUL PRICKS.

20. Bort

Bort Member

Hardly any of these replies make any sense.

If you take an NF light tank and a Brenodi AFV, stop them parallel to each other and have each of them fire as much as they can with nothing added to them from the beginning of the game the AFV would crush the LT, hands down, every time.

Exclude research and upgrading armaments as if it can not be done because none of that has anything to do with the subject since I clearly said "in the very beginning of the game". And if the Commander did do research and the pilots upgraded them with the same equipment they would still be unbalanced in the same exact way.

They are not balanced. They should be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.