Auxiliary Mediums

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by 1020BarStock, Oct 18, 2008.

1. 1020BarStock

1020BarStock Member

Ok, so rather than throw out mediums because they are made obsolete by heavies, they could be made more integral to strategy in Empires. I think it would really be cool to have auxiliary slots to mount special things on medium tanks for both factions.
    My ideas would be:
    -Minesweeper/layer: At the cost of weight and res, a minesweeping device could go on the front of the tank and a minelayer on the back. The minesweeper would detonate the mines in front of the tank with minimal damage, and the minelayer would drop maybe four mines behind the tank as it moves. The minelayer shouldnt be able to 9mine or anything though.
    -Radar: At the cost of maybe all the missile slots or something, mediums could have fairly long range radar for detecting infantry, tanks, turrets, and maybe mines.
    -Bridgelayer: The tank could have a bridgelaying device with a ten meter unfoldable bridge that cannot be picked back up. Mounting the bridge should only cost 100 weight units so the tank can still have armor and armaments but carrying the bridge will really reduce speed and maneuverability. The tank's turret should be disabled while the bridge is being carried. Its probably not that simple and wouldnt be of much use but its worth a mention.
    -Bulldozer: A tank with a bulldozer on the front would have increased front armor, and the ability to break down walls at high speed. I don't know about it damaging buildings. The bulldozer should weigh a lot, reduce engine power, cost res, and reduce the maximum amount of armor that can be placed on the front.
    -Radar Jammer: Would disable cams and radars while they are in the area of effect. When it gets to the enemies radar building, research should go twice as slow or maybe stop or something. The enemy would not see a radar jamming apc or tank on their minimap. They could possibly disable the lock of level 1 ML turrets. Should also mess up enemy Artillery Feedback when the shells land near it.
    -Flare launcher: Would launch little flares that distract enemy homing missiles. Useful against tanks with homing rockets but not MLs
    -Auto turrets: Something on the side that would act as a machine gunner against enemy infantry, like an MG but on the side of the tank.

This would really help balance the use of Meds vs. Heavies and make the game more interesting i guess.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  2. jongscx

jongscx Member

Not too keen on the miner and the bridge... but some form of mobile radar and the wall-breaker would be nice.

I think for the radar, there should be a scanner-sweep type ability that will even show hidden scouts, etc.

I'l like to add the Suicide Tank, while I'm at it... that one requires no explanation...

3. Empty

Empty Member

I've suggested auxillary slots before, nobody gave any highly negative responses, but it wasn't immediately thrown onto the urgent todo list.

Search before you post.

4. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

A lot of people seem to be leaning towards removing heavies completely (or more properly, changing them so they're no longer strictly superior to mediums, but just a different option.)

I agree that auxiliary slots could be awesome. There were several posts on this a while back... I had one post that listed a lot of auxiliary-equipment suggestions that, for the most part, seemed to go over well.

But honestly, look deep into yourself, and ask this question: Do I want to see what we have already balanced? Do I want to see airplanes? Or should they add auxiliary equipment?

Now you know why it isn't in yet.

5. Demented

Demented Member

Isn't that the message you got when you suggested auxiliary slots? :p

6. Empty

Empty Member

Yes.
    But I'm empty, so I ignored it.

The previous thread was also by myself. :P

7. 1020BarStock

1020BarStock Member

Well sorry then, but the other thread didn't appear to be similar to this...
    I didn't mention that I'm learning to model and could probably do this stuff though.

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

Oh you silly empty ^^

i am personally for Hobart's (1020BarStock's) Funnies, but only if implemented properly!!!!