autoteam balance plugin

Discussion in 'Clans' started by vipervicki, Aug 22, 2014.

1. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

hlstatsx has an auto team balance option which balances teams by number and skill. I have had it enabled but it doesn't seem to work for me or for others.

I found a new plugin on sourcemod forums and uploaded it to VIPER. The plugin is new and not even approved yet but it received good feedback.

If it causes any unwanted issues or has bugs please let me know and post it here. I will remove it if it does not work out well.
    To be clear we are testing to see if this plugin will help resolve issues, if not it will be removed, so let us know what you think.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

inb4 "buhuhu i couldnt stack play with my friends"

3. 101010

101010 Member

Will it team switch you mid game?

4. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

There are 2 settings one will one wont. I had it set on continuous and it worked well n balanced teams nicely except it did it throughout the round which was not good. So I changed it to round end and it doesn't seem to do much of anything now.

5. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Most likely because it was made for games that had 5-10 minute rounds like cs or tf2 or what have you. Empires with its one 1 long round really can't make use of that system.

6. complete_

complete_ lamer

JESUS CHRIST. this was on a server years ago and it was horrible

my ranking according to hlstats is 242. (so 241 people are better than me. out of the 300 that play)

so not only do you not get to play with people you want to (seeing how its a GAME), the whole ranking aspect is fucking broken.

it wont work and its horrible. please dont do it

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  7. complete_

complete_ lamer

ranking people based on "rank" is fucking horrible. we did this years ago. do you know how rank is calculated? if you kill the security or hascte who are the #1 and #2 players, you litteraly jump 200 levels because they are the highest rank (notice how the top players are rifleman? its balanced for kills)

we did this before it sucked kill this stat shit before it kills empires again. how do people not remember this

8. complete_

complete_ lamer

http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=10327&highlight=rank
    here a choice quote from superstar yobbo
    heres more shit about how rank (stats) sucks
    http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=10302&highlight=rank

9. complete_

complete_ lamer

*zoolander quote*

10. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

lamer wrong thread, and fyi the stats are set to be based on skill not kills and is modified for empires.
    check the point modifiers

11. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

correct so I change it to round end for games like empires with long rounds, but doesn't seem to work :( I removed it.

12. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

No, I am not a rifleman. I spent more than 70% of my overall game time as an Engineer.
    Even just for this stats, I got 50% kills as an Engineer.

For stats top 15 players, there's exactly 8 guys that are actual top15 players.
    It's not very accurate because we don't have enough players, players don't play enough and this stats only started recording 2 weeks ago.
    Give the stats some time, the games have been fine for the last 2~3 weeks.

13. 101010

101010 Member

Yeah that skill plugin is so horrible. It kept the server populated till past 3am est.
    How am I supposed to get sleep now that people are playing empires. For the sake of me getting sleep plz remove it. But if this mod and population is more important then my sleep then keep it. I will understand :/

Also - is it by name, steam account, or IP?

14. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

It's by steam account, tracking through IP or name is just ridiculously bad.

You are basically right, in the past few days the population raised. But we'll see how it goes.
    I lived through at least 5 stats before this(some of them were not on VIPER) and I really, honestly, don't think they were that bad, I had enough good games.
    It was mostly just vets causing drama.

Stats/rank would always collect hate for obvious reasons, just like a lot of games out there.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  15. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I tried adding awards for skill type actions but for some reason they are not working. TheCreeper and I will try and fix this, he has been invaluable in helping get this plugin working for us.
    I feel it is important for players to get awards for things like reviving and squad leadership, commanding etc.

I just wish the plugin devs would answer my posts and support empires but they just ignore my requests grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.