"Appoint squad leader" option.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Aquillion, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

This is a fairly simple request: I would like it if a squad leader could pick anyone else in his squad and appoint them squad leader instead. The main reason to do this is so they can use squad revive when you're dead, especially late-game when there are no tickets... it can be a real bother to try and re-organize a squad of 4 dead people and 1 live person to put the living person on top. Just clicking the live person in the squad menu and appointing them leader would be much simpler.

2. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Yep; its really annoying...

I also want an "Overthrow Suad leader option" where if the team votes a new squad leader will be chosen, as you can have AFK leaders or someone who doesn't use the abilities...

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

yep.. I agree

4. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

I like that idea. Changing leadership based on desired skills is canon, and wouldn't be hard to do. For example, a squad might want a scout to lead first, so that you recover from sprinting to cover quicker, then switch to rifleman for long-range accuracy, then grenadier for extra damage when closer in, then engineer for health regen once the squad has taken some damage. And that's just using the SL aura!

It would also encourage mixed-role squads, and get them to work together to get the job done.

5. Chahk

Chahk Member

Hasn't this been suggested before? I've got a major feeling of deja-vu here. Must be a glitch in the Matrix.

6. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

It has been; but this is a much needed addition that it can never be suggested enough untill it is implemented :p

7. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

everthing nice but if we can change the squad leader on the fly, we dont need a special squadleader anymore. Example: A squad with a gren and a engi could switch between them to get the squadpowers of both of them all the time. They have a virtual engi/gren leader that can arty a tank and after that revive everyone.

8. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I suggested it in one of the Rc's but they ignored me.

Squad leader should change when he updates himself in the armory.

9. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

True. Any timed squad skills would have to be cancelled once leaders are changed, but that's no biggie.

10. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Hmm, if this is a problem, another way of dealing with it (aside from ending timed abilities when the leader changes) would be to add a timer after switching leaders before they can use the squad ability. 30 seconds, say, would keep squads from just switching on a whim.

Of course, even without that, switching leaders to use lots of different abilities would take considerable coordination, and you'd have to open the squad menu and fiddle with it, so it might not be such a big problem anyway...

11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I agree with this suggestion, but I also entirely agree with Mayama.

Which is why I reccomend that you can only become squad leader after you get to a flag/barracks or you respawn. So you cant just mess around with the squad leader to get all different abilitise, but you can change squad leader easily when one squad leader isn't doing his job.

I also don't think you should be able to join squads when you're dead. On the other hand, being able to be squad revived when your team is totally screwed is quite a goof dun idea.

the big problem with squads is that people use them for the free skill and not the teamwork at the moment