APC spawns: a new alternative

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Tovarich Cookie, Oct 21, 2009.

1. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

If they removed APC spawns due too many rushes, shouldn't they, if they had to add it back again, do so in a good way so it doesn't happen again?

(and don't say it's over really quick, I don't know by you, but I don't really like the loading screen that much ;))

2. Zeke

Zeke Banned

nope, they ignored the reason it was removed to begin with... which is fairly logical, right? ^^

3. o_O

o_O Member

Deadpool wins at the internet. Still time for a jeep rush or turret up your bases, but 3:30 into the game partybusses start partying.

4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

slowing down standard engine apc's should fix the whole thing too

if it "needs" a fix that is

5. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Stop trolling.

6. QMAN

QMAN Member

Wasnt be better model: "no APC's spawn till CV frozen time not gone(60 sec)"

That will be fix problem "rushed APC's on start to CV".

And i dont know why so many ppls panic on APC rushes on start... 3 Plated APC getting down on mortat + rpg hit, 1 sticky, or just 5 hits from ML (in same side). Its so really easy to :headshot: . In 2.12 that was really rare to end on start (only that happen if "noob com" not moved from beggining).

There is really many possibles how fast can fail that "rush" on start (400-700 res on start, APC for 170 (without weapon) will be coz really big dissadvantage coz of 0 money for sec rax addition refinerys)

7. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Why not 3 minutes after VF is placed instead of radar, or three minutes after the game starts? I support three minutes after the game starts, because it will avoid arbitrary delay. Anyone think a time besides three minutes is appropriate? :confused:

8. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

the whole "since building x is dropped" thing seems a little hacky, maybe attach it to mech?

9. o_O

o_O Member

Mech might be a bit better actually. That requires a VF, a radar, and 60 seconds of research, but you need all those things anyway so its really just a less arbitrary delay. Or maybe just require a radar, but that would allow for some pretty quick rushes at the cost of recycling starting base stuff...

Actually I think I like mech because it delays your armor/engine by 60 seconds as well and that seems fair somehow.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  10. communism

communism poof

Just have the first item researched give spawns, whichever tree it is you want to open. Gameplay has really suffered from the lack of APC spawns, and I don't want to have to wait an extra 10 minutes of bad research just to get a forward spawn out

11. SnowDrakE

SnowDrakE Member

Add a 10 second timer where APCs have to stand still in order for the spawnpoint to activate. Moving APCs will not be available for instarushing anymore.

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

make the spawning something that has to be put in the grenade slot

like a "extended infantry compartment" or something

this way you have a choice between weapon apc, or spawn apc

13. communism

communism poof

Would rather just have apc spawns back ;P

14. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

Either get spawns as soon as you build a radar, or just add it as per 2.12

15. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

Once you have the right tech (rail gun? absorbant armor?), upgrade the barracks with a 'personnel dropshell launcher'.

• + Player can mark any spot on the spawn map for a drop. Player will be launched from the nearest upgraded barracks.
    • + Player can also enter a barrack's launch room addon, then bring up the spawn map to be launched.
    • _ Launcher(s) have fifteen second cycle time with queue; respawners will automatically join the shortest queue, while non-respawners enter the queue for the barracks that they are in. If a player leaves the launch room, he also leaves the queue.
    • - Because of tight space, players can only have half their ammo.
    • - Retro boosters (softens landing) leave a smoke trail for enemy to easily locate your landing zone. The farther a player is launched, the higher the retros kick in, the taller the smoke cloud.
    • - Landing zone with 20+ degree slope will cause shell to fall over, with ten second extraction penalty.

16. o_O

o_O Member

WANT TO BUY DROPSHELL LAUNCHER!

17. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

seeing how people say that having a veh that is both capable of fighting vs vehs and vs inf, AND spawning people is op (and i have to agree) , the only logical solution that comes to my mind is

-apc spawns become availible after a certain time/can be researched outside the normal reasearch
    -spawn is a veh component, using the same slots as mg , stripping it of most of it combat capabilities (1 slot for single mg could stay for self defence), giving points to driver for others spawning in it in return, also preventing from having shitload of spawns. Combat goes to afvs\lts , apc fullfils the support role, as it should (?) be.

18. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

the spawn capability of the APCs should definatly get a "slot-item" with low cost, medium weight (so you can have full armor but no weapons) and no research prerequisite.