APC spawnpoints

Discussion in 'General' started by Zealoth, Dec 20, 2008.

1. o_O

o_O Member

Having a spawnpoint as a weapon that takes up slots would be great, but its also fine the way it is. In 2.12 the entire game revolved around who could hold spawnpoints where and APC's were the best way to do that. Its an improvement that you now have to factor spawns into your strategy instead of just rolling them out whenever you feel like it.

Walking places sucks, but thats the price of not holding a forward barracks and not bothering to research a cheap tech thats in a tree you need anyway. Raxes are the biggest bargain in the game, 200 res for a spawnpoint that can take a beating and be repaired from the inside. Honestly, you should have 2 raxes everywhere important and an extra one behind your lines.

Also jeeps should be cheaper and less good at killing infantry (they should not be weapons!), but thats sortof a different issue.

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

To be honest, most of the time I don't want my people to walk. If I lose a barracks i'll just tell them to pile into a vehicle and go down there when they spawn back at home...in fact, I rarely have to tell them, because everyone waits for each other now, rather than going off on their own.

It's rare to see a one-man APC now, unless it's purely for combat.

3. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

you know, if you sprint directly out of the way of the jeep, it can't kill you, right

the jeep can barely kill infantry as it is

4. petemyster

petemyster Member

you just haven't practiced a surprise doughnut of doom to catch them out of stamina :p

5. RKB53

RKB53 Member

you can jump over jeeps coming at you. I learned this the hard way.

6. o_O

o_O Member

Woa neat really?

Anyway, I think jeeps are fine right now, but it would be cool if they were dirt cheap so people would use them often. Problem is, if they were much cheaper jeep vs gren combat would replace normal infantry combat unless they were made to suck at it.

7. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Yeah I know of some spots that allow me to jump over incoming jeeps rofl, I've had my fair spammage of "WTF" lol

8. communism

communism poof

Haha yeah as long as your elevated just a bit you can crouch jump over them if they are moving fast enough

9. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

I like the change. Its definitely an annoying nerf of the APC, but now jeeps and AFVs are more useful. It also requires people to organize rather than make an APC and yell 'KILLSPAWN! KILLSPAWN!'. Also, reduces the chance of an early game APC rush. The positives outway the negatives IMO.

10. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

AFVs were never useful

Jeeps are already more useful than AFVs

11. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

Did i mention death rush of jeeps? Just wait till more people try it.
    It's REALLY annoying, because it removes last chance for badly loosing team. Sometimes you dont have res to research spawns :headshot:

12. gezor

gezor Member

no, AFVs are good support for infantry, although they suck vs light tanks.