Apc: Hook

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by LordDz, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spooky

Spooky Member

I actually kind of like the thought of dragging BE heavys into the water with you...

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Who said "with you", using a 3phase just go hella fast then turn sharp and let go! lol

3. jongscx

jongscx Member

...If used on friendly or abandoned vehicles, it will drag them. When used on enemies, it will pull them. The enemy can still shoot you though, so may not be very useful all the time, except for Jeeps and other APCs.

Maybe we should just do this instead.
    [​IMG]

4. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Except those uses a beam! And deals dmg :p

5. Staplergun

Staplergun Member

Make the thing have thrust instead of torque from wheels and make it slide around so you have to drift to basically move. I'd so fucking rape if that was implemented on a small scout craft tank

6. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

I think this is a good idea, you can fish your cv out of the water and drag your tanks out of the random shell craters without having to risk another tank/jeep.

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

the weels basically could make it float alone...

8. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Exactly, it would be much better if when you get you tank with low horsepower stuck in a crator, you can get another one instead of abandoning the stuck one that may cost you a lot when resources are low. Also helps BE tanks stuck on turrets.

9. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

EMP_canyon anyone?:pathetic:

10. GoodGame

GoodGame Member

This deserves a gold star, though the modelling needs some more work.

Ditto for rescueing vehicles stuck on bridge guard rails, or stuck in a ditch.

Just say no to tractor beams though. But it'd be cool if the hitch was kind of a melee tractor beam with a single toggle key to operate (deals no damage of course).

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  11. LordDz

I was mostly thinking of it using the ropes that exists already, shoot out from the apc ''firehead'' so modelling would be minimal..

12. o_O

o_O Member

Sounds great, if you had 2-3 smart people on your team, two could switch off repairing the commander while the third whips out a towtruck APC and drags the comm out.

Only allow one to be used at a time on enemy vehicles, to prevent APC mobs from grabbing tanks and dragging them into the water lol

13. jongscx

jongscx Member

hmmm... what if we DID have mobs of APCs hooking enemy tanks and tearing them in half!

14. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

what if u dont distinguish between enemies and friendlies, but as soon as the driver moves the tank the cable breaks?

would solve the possible greif problem i can see ("hey stop pulling my cv to the enemy's base! STOP, STOOOOP" *dies*")
    and some abuses (commanders being able to command while pulled around the map)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  15. LordDz

Did you read the first post?
    And how do you mean it should break? It should ''whinch'' the cv up?

16. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

What about a hooktrap? Connect 2 APCs together and let them drive with the same speed side by side soo all enemys between the APCs would loose their heads instantly!!!!! :D:rolleyes::|ove:

17. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

actually, i read the whole topic, yes some do that ... ^^

i just suggested an (imo) easier way to make it abuse prove.

what i mean with break is, that the connection between the APC and the connected vehicle breaks as soon the driver of the connected vehicle presses any button.
    alternatively it could only break if he is driving in a direction that would break the cable and/or the force applied is higher than the force the cable can pull.
    it would also be cool, if once the connection exists the raw horsepower decides upon who pulls (in case no button is pressed, consider it as rolling once connected)

all that simply means you dont have to accept anything and pullig might become more intuitve. there still should be a way to disconnect the vehicle on keypress ...

and hey, its only suggestions, you dont have to get agressive or accuse me of not being able to read, i like your idea, i just want to improve it. or tell you what i think would be cool.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  18. Omneh

Omneh Member

This could be a wonderfully awesome gameplay mechanic, used correctly. I luvs it.

19. LordDz

Blah, internet fails at showing emotions..

20. John Shandy`

John Shandy` Member

Funny, I suggested a very similar idea a long time ago to be implemented on Jeeps, to provide them with a more useful purpose. However, when I suggested it, it didn't receive anywhere near the number of favorable responses as LordDz has received. In fact I was laughed off the forums. Interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.