Anyone interested in playing Modded Minecraft?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nuc, Jul 6, 2015.

?

What modpack should we play?

1. [1.8] Vanilla

37.5%
  2. [1.7.10] Infinity

75.0%
  3. [1.7.10] Direwolf20

12.5%
  4. [1.7.10] Agrarian Skies 2

25.0%
  5. [1.7.10] Overkill Custom Modpack

37.5%
  6. [1.7.10] Magic Mods only Custom Modpack

12.5%
  7. [1.7.10] Light Custom Modpack

25.0%
  8. [1.6.4] Insert modpack here

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. [1.4.7] Insert modpack here

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other

12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Nuc

Nuc Banned

Yeah unless somebody has ran a cracked modded minecraft server and reproduce it, that's not an option.
    ... that's the good thing about minecraft, there's alot of mods but no one is forcing you to use all of them. If all you want to do is explore there's mods for that.
    Which is why it's always better when you play it with friends. Everyone has got a different style.

2. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Yeah ok, that's fair enough on all points.

I'll just go live in my wooden shack while you guys build atom reactors.

3. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Lol no, I mean you can benefit. Once you can get the resources for one OP tool it's usually trivial to build another lol.

Plus I'm probably going to run off and build a giant redwood tree house or some shit, nothing wrong with contributing a project or a wooden shack or whatever.

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

My goals in minecraft are always to get to the nether as fast as possible and set up portal networks, then create my own fortress within the nether. As long as I can do that still I'm cool.

5. Nuc

Nuc Banned

My goal is simple, automate all the things.

6. CRITAWAKETS

CRITAWAKETS Member

Hey i have almost the same goal as you!

Theres also making my base look cool and can be defended. (Carpenter s'blocks and chisel will help me on that one)

And making a infinite storage system. (AE2)

And storing things like farms and houses alongside trolling people by removing them to a hard-drive. (AE2)

And finishing the thaumcraft tech tree.

Theres also the completion of forestry by getting everything and a steady automated honey/tree supply.

There is going to space using galacticraft and going to every planet that is currently avaidable and also making a space station. For extra purposes lets call our first station philadelphia.

Also, a smaller priority is me getting the crown of the ice king.

Rail networks and portal networks are nice too,for going to bases.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  7. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Alright I think we have enough votes. time to change the poll.

We now need to decide what mods we are doing/not doing. We are doing Infinity. Is there anything in particular people want added or disabled from the default mod pack?

8. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I'd probably get on a couple times at least if this is to be a thing. I haven't played minecraft since before 'release' so that will be interesting. Any mod packs are fine I suppose, the modding community really sprung up after I stopped so the only one I've heard of is galacticraft.

My goal was always to cover a portion of the world in hellfire - this involved blocking out the sky with cobblestone, covering the ground/replacing the ground with cobblestone, and then putting random lava flows coming from the stone sky. Another thing that really helped with this landscaping was you could get on trees, drop some lava and let it flow, and then remove it and replace with a water source. Made some really strange architecture. I also did this in a sort of creeping pattern, all from a single central point so it was like it was spreading. Unfortunately my world file that was like this got corrupted after one of the updates. Sad because the tree + lava/water trick doesn't produce the same results anymore.

9. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

During Early Beta, one of the first things I did was get buckets of lava, and buckets of water. I found this wonderful medium sized plateu, with a single very tall peak coming out of it, almost like a spire. Was somewhat like a really huge cathedral mountain.

I hollowed it out, and made all the floors of the hallways covered in lava for the first layer, and the second layer was water. The direction of water flow would propel you, so it would always be two hallways for bidirectional movement. All of the stairs were spiral staircases or elevators made of glass, with alternating levels of water, lava, water lava. Because you were always in a block of water, you would never take damage from the lava, and because the lava were flows without sources, they wouldn't turn to obsidian.

Fucking beautiful, until we had to update. Doesn't save existing fluid flows :/.

------------------------------------

So golacticraft, and also have requests for Mekanism http://aidancbrady.com/mekanism/

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  10. Posthumous

Posthumous Member

My goals in minecraft are two fold.
    1. Build the biggest ever reactor possible
    2. Finally build something power-hungry enough to turn it on.
    ** Honorable mention, piss off cpatton the entire time by taking all the mats he told me he needed.

11. Posthumous

Posthumous Member

Oh and by the way everyone. You're all invited to use the Teamspeak me and Cpatton use for our star citizen community. It's 512 slots so.. yeah
    IP : 24.158.64.17
    pw: dufus

EDIT:
    Saw Cpatton already posted this, w/e double post to assure.

12. Nuc

Nuc Banned

Yeah unfortunately my artistic skills are pretty much 0, I do use carpenter/chisel/ztones but I really can't say it looks as cool as what I see in other people's home.

Oh yeah, if we get this going we're definitely building a train network and portals.
    In fact, I already have the CC program for portals, so we can make a hub pretty quickly.

13. Ranger

Ranger Member

I have almost no experience with modded Minecraft so I'm voting no.

14. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I just do the math

15. Nuc

Nuc Banned

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  16. Posthumous

Posthumous Member

So when are we gonna launch this? I think it'd be cool to have almost everyone on so we can all run-off and split into groups and explore. Would be pretty fun.

17. Nuc

Nuc Banned

Yes, that's what I had in mind too.

18. Posthumous

Posthumous Member

Wired_4_Fun will probably be playing, so ultimately it should basically be, us vs. Wired's no-life friends, maybe we can win with the sheer number of people on our race to who can basically build the world anew

19. Posthumous

Posthumous Member

I'd like to have us have a group start time at like 1 GMT tmr (8 am est) So we can all go find a wonderful spot to start a base

20. CRITAWAKETS

CRITAWAKETS Member

I WAKE UP AT MINIMUM 3:45 PM EST FUCK.

EDIT:Just extend the time to somewhere like 4:30 PM. I actually might be late even for that hour.

EDIT2:| was going to make a brenodi engineer skin but i suck at skins,and my brother probably wont make it for me even if hes really good at making skins. He will disagree to the theme and force me to make it and basically make a mess or stay with my Fedora and tuxedo skin.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015