Anyone interested in playing Modded Minecraft?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nuc, Jul 6, 2015.

?

What modpack should we play?

1. [1.8] Vanilla

37.5%
  2. [1.7.10] Infinity

75.0%
  3. [1.7.10] Direwolf20

12.5%
  4. [1.7.10] Agrarian Skies 2

25.0%
  5. [1.7.10] Overkill Custom Modpack

37.5%
  6. [1.7.10] Magic Mods only Custom Modpack

12.5%
  7. [1.7.10] Light Custom Modpack

25.0%
  8. [1.6.4] Insert modpack here

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. [1.4.7] Insert modpack here

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other

12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Nuc

Nuc Banned

We are trying to decide what modpack we should play

Vote for the modpacks you would be okay to play.

[1.8] Vanilla
    Boring Vanilla minecraft

[1.7.10] Infinity
    The pack for all people. Infinity is the general all-purpose pack from the FTB team that is designed for solo play as well as small and medium population servers.

[1.7.10] Direwolf20
    This pack contains mods specifically chosen
    by Direwolf20 for his YouTube series.

[1.7.10] Agrarian Skies 2
    The original skyblock quest pack is back for 1.7.10. Follow the quest book, meet new quest givers and rebuild your world starting from almost nothing. There are multiple map options ranging from easy to hard. Your game difficulty will determine what you start with for resources. This pack completely changes the way minecraft is played. Nothing is safe from The Jaded One's tweaks.

[1.7.10] Overkill Custom Modpack*
    This is the modpack that I am currently using in my SSP series, it contains all the mods you want.

[1.7.10] Magic Mods only Custom Modpack*
    A modpack I'd make with only magic mods, that would provide a new modded minecraft experience.

[1.7.10] Light Custom Modpack*
    A lighter version of my custom modpack for those with lower end computers.

[1.6.4] Insert modpack here
    1.6.4 modpack of your chosing.

[1.4.7] Insert modpack here
    1.4.7 modpack of your chosing

*keep in mind that if I make a modpack, everytime we want to update it you'll have to do it manually by deleting the mod and/or config folder and replacing it with the new one.

- Mr. X.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  2. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Surprised no one's told you already. Emp people already do this, might want to join in.

3. CRITAWAKETS

CRITAWAKETS Member

I could,if the new generation of minecraft modpacks did not need more than 4 GB of RAM.

EDIT:| want to join.

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Is it bsid?

5. Metruption

Metruption Member

The philosophy of Be Sidd can be extended to nearly any game.

I used to have a spare computer acting as a Feed the Best Unleashed server but unfortunately due to having a shitty cisco modem with bugged port forwarding it is not possible for me to continue hosting one. Although I can send relates files to whoever is interested.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  6. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I wanted to play minecraft again for some time now so I'd be interested. What kind of mods are we talking about here though? I only played vanilla minecraft.

7. Metruption

Metruption Member

8. CRITAWAKETS

CRITAWAKETS Member

Infinity seems good, theres also resonant rise 3 with mods like flaxbeard s'steam power.

That said, im going to do all the redstone parts if we do get it and need it. Minefactory reloaded is my problem though, I never used rednet.

9. Nuc

Nuc Banned

I don't know about any good modpack to be honest, I find they all have something that I want that's missing. I'm currently using my laptop as a dedicated server and I have 10Mbps upload, so that could work if you guys are up for it all we have to do is find us a modpack (or even make one).
    If anyone is interested these are the mods I am currently playing with.
    Infinity is OP, I don't like Draconic Evolution, and it's gonna kill the server performances that's for sure.

Where? When? How? What? Who?

It does require alot of ram thought, I have 12 GB on my computer and windows is always trying to close minecraft on me whenever I play because it uses an average of 6GB. (with 249 mods and a 32x resource pack)

10. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

No it's not BSID, It's basically whoever wants to play, just empires players mostly and friends of ours.

We can setup whatever you want. Right now it's on Feed the Beast, Infinity Mod v1.6.1. However we can also setup vanilla, or some mystcraft purity for you nostalgia gamers, or really whatever the hell you guys want to jump into. or you can jump on FTB infinity with us, and we can just jump to another world or run off somewhere and start from scratch.

So really... What would you guys like? Certainly we can offer at least something better than a laptop server.

BTW FTB launcher has pretty awesome memory management tools. You just need to set maximum memory usage and tweak settings to match.

11. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I'm a vanilla puritan but I'll play whatever the majority wants to.

12. Redskull

Redskull Member

FTB looks cool. I'm up for playing anything tho, I miss playing minecraft with other people :)

13. Nuc

Nuc Banned

Well, sounds like the majority of us want to play Infinity, right?
    It's too bad there's no good launcher to put a modpack together with updates, I'm using curse for mine which means I can update it daily, but there's no way to share it :(.
    Anyhow, should we agree on Infinity and try to determine a launch date? up to you Cpatton.
    Also, do we have a Teamspeak?

14. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

I'm not a big fan of these minecraft mod packs, most of them are still based off Minecraft 1.6 and lack the newer word generation 1.7 and 1.8.
    FTB Infinity is 1.7.10 based so I might join in then.

15. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Yes we have a teamspeak. Same as the Star Citizen TS, don't have the IP on me. Probably can get all the details together today or tomorrow.

The biggest problem with vanilla is the grind is awful and when it ends once you shortly obtain anything you could want, it's instantly boring. Infinity is great because there is always something to do (like bees... omfg I spent so much time on bees)

16. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

My favourite thing in minecraft is the initial resource gathering and exploring. Usually the more self sustained my base becomes the less fun I have.

17. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

Do you think we could run Galacticraft with FTB infinity?

18. Posthumous

Posthumous Member

I think it would be nice to do a fresh start empires community minecraft server. Even get really nerdy and go all the way back to voltz or earlier ftb with galaticraft enabled. Just some ideas

19. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

We can do whatever we want. Standing by to make a new server running whatever. Nuc if you want to add a vote to the topic that would work too. Just come to an agreement and we can make the pack and distribute the resources. Latest idea is galacticraft

20. Nuc

Nuc Banned

my pack has galacticraft.
    I will make a vote, however as much as I like modded minecraft I can't stand vanilla, there is just nothing to do as far as I'm concerned it's all about automation. so I will include Vanilla in the vote but if you vote for it, I'm not playing.