Angry rant suggestions

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Slithzerikai, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

arty is awesome

nukes suck, especially on CDR canyon.

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

arty tanks or nuke tanks with no armor seems like a good idea so the gren can have a chance to sneak up and kill it.. most of the time they just run away before you can get 3 shells on it

3. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I have a good idea for the artillery tank. Make them naturally twice as slow in movement and reloading.

4. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Small Arty Cannons have an incredible small area and small range, HE Arty Cannons have an incredibly large area but rather big range, Ranged Arty Cannons have a decent area but a very large range. Oh and Mediums are just Smalls but with a bit more area and a bit more range.

I don't know what spot you've found to protect yourself from infantry rocket sniping you, tanks easily flanking you and reaching your blind targetting spot, but I want it too.

5. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

the ranged has a bigger area than HE, not by much, it just got nerfed the least of all, but its also the most restrictive cannon of all, requiring a good player that knows how to use it and teamwork, either of people defending him while hes shooting the other side of the map, or someone telling him where the hell hes shooting at ;p

Using the ranged is a strategical decision as it is only usable for special occasions, thus getting pwned by it is because you're losing as being able to use it as a team also requires a lot from a team. Well I think its clear that all others are nerfed heavily in slpas damage, small being nerfed the most. Nerfing them any further in its current state will probably only result in stalemates and the arty being the most ineffective tank of all, in some cases the arty is already underpowered, SOF is a good example, where the map design is limiting the arty's area to hit, and its nerfed aoe being unable to hit everywhere where is needed, not giving the research superior team an edge over the other on clearing chokepoints.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  6. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Every artillery tank I ever ran into, or at least mostly, has twenty-thousand and a half tanks surrounding it so not even bacteria can get to it safely.

7. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

If they have enough tanks to just sit around and protect their Arty, you're screwed anyway. Arty serves a purpose, and if teams protect it against its main weakness (up close battle) then I wouldln't say arty is over powered, I'd say that a team is using it well.

8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

there was this awesome game of M Valley where after a long middle section where NF continually APC rushed us, we got a HE artilliary onto the bridge to their base, with some MT's guarding it. with the HE and the Med's small cannon shells, their whole base was dead in about 4 minutes.