An idea to make Empires more popular!

Discussion in 'General' started by Commander Z, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Namron

Namron Member

I was a CS freak from autumn 1999 to late autumn 2002 (the release of NS and boredom overload due to stagnated CS development).

Having called Empires Counter-Strike Wars would definitely have brought hordes of players, but it would have been odd. ;)

Game concept is hard to do right I guess. To take that other RTS/FPS, NS, it had an extensive background story, but who bothered to read it? You know "kharaa" is a Mongolian word? No? For 95 % of the players it's "marines versus aliens", a proven concept.

I think Empires should have done something similar, built upon a already existing and well-known concept. Precisely what concept I don't know. Perhaps Dune.

2. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

People vs People is pretty well proven concept.

3. Doomed2Die

Doomed2Die Member

Empires : Dune...

One can only dream of being eaten by gigantic sandworms during those last desprate moments in the CV as commander. Even the whole spice resource thing goes together rather nicely. True that the empires backstory is unique, but the theme is a little generic.

Back to the topic, no, cs is based on counter terrorism (duh) and an Empires verson of that is essentially any modern warfare game (boring).

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  4. davee magee

davee magee Member

lol this is starting to sound like an AA meeting for CS

'Hi,
    My names Shinzon and i havnt played CS in 7 days!'

*claps*

5. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Hi. My name is Vadim "Shinzon" Farafontov, and I have been clean of CS and CS:Source for 3 years...

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

is that really your name?

i like your name.

7. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I wasn't.

I dislike CS, and always have done.

8. REX

REX Member

Lol I always hated CS even back in the good old days. I hated it because everyone at the LANs would declare it super realistic and flawless.

I cant remember ALL the errors I used to point out. Just stuff like the scout rifle was reloaded SO slowly by letting go of the front grip with the left hand and using that to reload and so on. I use bolt action hunter rifles, so I just hated it so much as I could have reloaded 5 times already.

Also stuff like the glock could not kill in 1 shot point blank to the head even in the face right in the eye and so on..... insanely retarded, but it never lost its popularity:pathetic: .

9. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

My name is Max Fightmaster. And I haven't played CS:S in 3 hours.

Oh wait never mind ;_;. *gets 3:1 K/D*

10. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Dont you be comin' near me foo, ya hear!

I got a black belt im Mortal Kombat 3, and a Brown belt in street fighter!

11. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

:D
    Mortal Kombat rocks

I only have played CS sometimes. It´s a game you can either play every 3-6 months or only on LAN with friends vs. bots.
    For some reason, the old retail version of Half-Life rocks more than the current steam-version :>!

If you want Empires to be more popular, just advertise for it.

12. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

Always thought a Dust2 conversion for empires would be cool.

13. petemyster

petemyster Member

aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww yyeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
    advance wars and fire emblem ftw

Also about switching to crysis engine,HELL NO! i can run crysis ;'(

that remind me there a cool mod for crysis which lets you use the Wii remote and nunchuk, it looks awesome! its on moddb

14. arklansman

arklansman Member

/me slaps momo

15. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

I could never get into CS. I still play DMC, but then I'm a old Quake-head from back in the day. I wouldn't say all CS players are ignorant, elitist, intolerant f*ckwits, but there was at least enough of a vocal hardcore minority of them to put me off. I have noticed that the better you think you are at a game, the less tolerant of n00bs you become. I found myself slipping into that attitude in Quake and had to slap myself. The problem with CS is the players think they are the elite cream of the gaming world and that lends itself to a lot of bad attitude.

Just my two cents.

16. Slamz

Slamz Member

I wonder if it would be possible to create a Star Wars themed version without the developer getting his pants sued off...

17. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Yes it would... Just ask a modeller, texture artist, and an animator to maker replacement models...

18. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Whats wrong with Empires as it is? It might do more harm than good Star Wars themed anyway, it might just get lost in the background haze of a million Star Wars games and mods.

/me remembers the good old days, when then name Lucasarts was a guaranteed seal of quality.

/sigh

*EDIT* Just got sent this link, if you like Star Wars this video will make your day :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxchw646zs4

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  19. FishThePirate

FishThePirate Member

While I am whole-heartedly for tricking CS players, I'm not for playing with them or listening to their mic babble.

20. Slamz

Slamz Member

Ahh, perhaps we could make it so that when you load the game, you have to click your choice of "CLASSIC VERSION" or "COUNTERSTRIKE VERSION".

If you click classic, you load up regular Empires, like today. If you click Counterstrike, it actually just launches Counterstrike.

Mu-hu-hu-hahahaha!