American voters

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dubee, Sep 12, 2008.

?

Who will you vote for?

1. Obama

30 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. Mccain

9 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I get a lot of criticism from people for not voting. But I don't see why I should when like 90% of my state is democrat.. My one little vote won't change anything or add more electoral points to my state.. Don't get me wrong I would vote if I lived in a red state or if it was decided by popular vote.. But its not..

So am I a bad person for this? Please correct me if I got things twisted.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  2. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

In a democracy if you dont vote you give your voice
    the winning party and if that is not the party that you
    want to win than you cant complain about their behavior.

3. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

The majority of americans are fucking retarded and shouldn't vote anyway, besides voting in this election is pointless as Obama is as fake as Palin's tits, and McCain is gonna try to take this country back to the dark ages

4. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Obama is the lesser of the two evils.

And you should always vote. It's a privilege that we live in a democratic nation.

5. Deiform

Deiform Member

Wth. At the time of writing it's 2-1 to McCain. What kind of bullshit is this. I really hope someone is joking...It would've been fine if the Republican candidate was a reputable leader, but McCain is just another puppet and a complete tosser.

6. arklansman

arklansman Member

I bet one of the McCain votes is Stu. :pathetic:

7. Goose

Goose Member

Actually if anyone would be the puppet I think it would be Obama. Someone with practically 0 experience getting the presidential nomination on the simple phrase of Change. I really want to know who is the real mastermind behind this "actor."

I actually registered democratic so I could vote Obama in the primaries, because I knew if Hilary got it, she would have won.

8. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Ever notice how if Obama gets hit with a random question, he locks up and doesn't know what to say? Gee, maybe he got the questions ahead of time and can only deal with questions to which someone told him what the answer was.

Yes, because your views are perfect, and we should all follow what you say, because you are infallible.

9. theotherjms

theotherjms Developer

Maybe he actually thinks about the questions instead of waiting to deliver empty phrases. Just guessing there.

10. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

If his answers made sense, sure.

11. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Ah, good. I was just thinking how an internet forum would be a perfect place for reasoned, unbiased debates about politics that favor pragmatism and evidence to support their arguments.

Oh wait, this is the internets. That means this topic can only turn into fail.

12. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Political debates fail in person as well. Because as someone said before, most people don't know a thing other than "I'M A ____ PARTY, I PULL THE PARTY LEVER LULZ"

13. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

You forgot Ron Paul and Steven Colbert in the poll

14. Empty

Empty Member

Colbert 100%.

15. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

he has been a senator for a while though. and he's definately not a puppet, he's refused money from lots of wealthy groups which might then have some sort of control over him... which is a very rare thing to do.

16. davee magee

davee magee Member

yeah but hes a muslim and i dont trust those people.

17. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Well, it's not THAT much of a pain to vote is it? You've got to think like ''if nobody did this...''

Otherwise, you're a ''soffpotatis'' ^^

18. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

While I don't really like Obama very much, but i see bad things happening with McCain. I think way too much money already in our "defense" budget, and I think McCain will just increase that. Plus, while i don't think McCain is too religious, Palin definately is. I don't think its fair to vote in a government thats going to impose its religious morals on the people. Unfortunately, I see that more and more as a possibility as strong christian groups gain more power. People seem to care more about moral issues nowadays than economic or social issues. Makes me wish sometimes (but not seriously) that people had to take IQ tests before they vote.

19. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I wonder if Obama knows how many houses he has...:confused:

But seriously, McCain has two opinions on every question - yes...and no. Does anyone know what he stands for? Does he actually know what he stands for? And is he really going to be president just because you'd rather look at Palin on your tv's?

20. Etova Kala

Etova Kala Member

Go McCain! You know that old man is gonna die in office, and then you'll be left with a political n00b as a president.