Allstar team thingy ( ORGANIZED PUG )

Discussion in 'General' started by Paradox, Oct 27, 2012.

1. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

Could someone make a scrims archive thread, and sticky it. Just so there is a record of all the demoed scrims. I wanted to go back and watch some of the BSID and MEG scrims and can't remember the URL on youtube.

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Ow you mean the 1/2/2/2/2/.... picking?

3. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

no he means my version...picking from the roster until that is done then picking any latecomers. Not only is it faster but its fairer on the people that signed up and made the effort to be there.

Also--doing it your way means theres no point making a roster, imo it either needs to be latecomers get picked last or you must be on the roster to play

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  4. Paradox

well your version implies that you actually dont really need to sign up and the only reason you do sign up is so you know in which team you are faster than the latecomers?

or explain it to me cause I'm not understanding the real difference in your way and my way, I do understand why you think my way is shit, but I dont thnk its shit cause people just HAVE TO FUCKING SIGN UP.

5. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Then why did people that didnt sign up get to play?

If thats going to happen theres nothing to stop team captains taking ages to get a good player to join the server when they are down to the last few choices just to give them an advantage. This slows the process down and stops good players joining late in the hope of getting a specific team. (Its still not perfect but it is better). Team leaders dont benefit from inviting players specifically for their team so much with my method as its harder for them to predict who will have last pick. (Not flawless but definitely less flawed)

Either that or lock the server as soon as picking starts and if your late then tough shit

Edit: That said if you actually require signups and pick from the roster then this is a pointless argument :)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  6. Paradox

Well yeah , I want it to be sign up only or you dont play, this would just make the entire proces go way faster and we could actually start at 8pm gmt instead of 9pm gmt cause of the normal empires tardyness and drama.

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I love how in game 1 and 3 your entire team was totally oblivious to rushes.
    seriously, first guy to say anything about them was like half a minute late, its plain hilarious. Also, gotta love how half of the be on duststorm went on ref killing after we started the com hunt.

8. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

And on mvalley someone said there was an apc at main and someone else said it was ok and not to worry about it... (or something along those lines). That said it doesnt help with that buggy autospot crap

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  9. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

Round 1 - Zeke's Amazing Driving + EPIC Rush with Lawliet yelling
    Round 2 - Zeke's Amazing Driving + Lawliet's Walls forcing an early game decision
    Round 3 - Duststorm Pubber Strategy which leads to Kilo being ignorant little shit wipes. Whoever the faggot was who told Jephir to stay next to the friendly APC, fuck you. You honestly have no idea of the importance of a commander vehicle.

In conclusion, 2/3 of the rounds were won by Zeke. The 3rd round was an error on BE's part.

10. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Very good video by the way, thanks for taking the time to upload it. There aren't many commanding videos around, looking at the Empiresmod store page, not even screenshots of how commanding looks like which is pretty strange considering it's a big part of the game.

We should really spread it, perhaps with an announcement on the official Empires mod group? Showing off how high level commanding looks like in a high level game could get us some players.

11. Paradox

change epic rush to Gent rush since it consisted of 6 heavie tanks with 3 g's ...

12. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

And 3(?) EPICs with ME leading the charge.....

13. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

So the rush worked even though it was held back by 3 shitty G players? Impressive.

14. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

You only led because everyone else got cut up to fuck by each other beforehand... ;)

15. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

I know, I was right in front of the tank clump in the northwest purely by accident :D

17. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

By the way I only ended up playing because Wealthy randomly messaged me the details while playing CS:GO and I joined afterward my match had finished about half an hour after the announcement spam. As soon as I joined spec I heard Paradox saying "Your pick Lawliet" and he went "I'll have RetroFade" in the first 10 seconds of me even entering the server.

18. Paradox

gg best player on my team suck a cock.

19. D.D.D. Destroyer

Only because on cyclopean I got split up from my squad right after the initial landgrab and was forced to mind my own business, trying to help middle or to get back together. Same goes for Nihia.

20. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

You forgot pola... I meant myself.
    Also bonus points for only using one veh during the whole game.