Allstar team thingy ( ORGANIZED PUG )

Discussion in 'General' started by Paradox, Oct 27, 2012.

1. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Wat. I didn't even know we were going to do something again. D:
    This was already so bothersome to get togheter.

And I still don't get what your problem is with the Regen skill, Zoom.

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I dont have a problem with it. For me it doesnt even exist.

3. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

:o acknowledge the awesomeness called hp regeneration!

4. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Fucking mormons and their acolytes!

Also.
    Derailment has been increased to 78.

5. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

whats that,2 weeks time? Perfect!!

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Regen is a great skill, especially combined with the aura you get from engineers.

I didn't play so I can't make an informed comment, but was a roster really necessary? Shouldn't you encourage a few extra pubbers to join, rather than lock them out? How else are you going to get pubbers involved in more advanced if you tell them they're not allowed to play. Then again, I have no idea who Brenton is.

7. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I decided on a roster because this was a real pick up game not one of those "gather every good empires players in a server, lock and play"

The plan was to pick the teams from the roster like an hour before the game, play a round or two with those teams then make announcement with the vet pug group to let everyone join.

Of course stuff didn't go as planed. Lawliet came online a few minutes before the beginning of the event and I got a bit overwhelmed with trying to find replacement captain, replacement players, sorting out who plays when +that new emp_shadows map testing. So when I actually managed to get everyone in the server, it was already well past nine, then the leaders picked the teams which took around twenty minutes or more. In the end they had one amazing game, two meh games that ended way too quickly and a small canyon game .

8. Paradox

Well let's change this up a bit, everyone knows now that the game is awesome if we do it like this so people will be enticed to actually sign up this time.

I'll take over more of the planning pred did.

And trickster your comment about letting people join is fine, if they join during the pick phase they can get drafted but if they join during a game they wait till next game.

edit, I do need someone to post in the empires groups I dont have acces to and shit.

edit: trickter the big problem is with letting people join not signing up is that the captains take fuckloads of time drafting people like prdator noticed.

9. communism

communism poof

u trippin game is imba as fuck

10. Silk

Silk Mapper

[QUOTE='PredatoR[HUN]I'll warn you that I had very low fps so the demo might not be very enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

That's the good thing about ingame recorded demo's, your pc's performance has no impact on the recording. The ingame method of making video's guarantees a 100% perfect video with highest quality settings in whatever fps that you want the video to be.

I watched the International Dota 2 tournament this year, and was surprised to see how enthousiastic commentators could be over a video game match.
    It does make a game look waaaay more serieus.

Without the commentary all i saw was random people doing random things in the hopes of gaining some advantage. With the commentary it felt like i was looking at two teams of einsteins calculating moves and tactics at a rate i can't possibly comprehend.

It'll take at least a week though to turn the demo's in a video, and since i'm limited to 15 minutes i'm gonna have to cut so much it'll look a bit weird probably (it was a very long match)

11. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

I think this needs changed for next time. I think that players on the roster have to be picked first then anyone that joins can get drafted. This stops captains taking ages to try to get someone else to join just so they can pick them (not saying it happened but it is possible)

12. Paradox

Well the thing is if you do that, and say 4 people join, 1 out of them 4 are extremely good and the other 3 are just average, its not really fair to draft that way imo.

13. Paradox

Well thing is they actually calculate all those moves.
    I watch a lot of casts and tournaments and them being enthousiastic is just them realizing how genius their moves were, how genius their playing and fuck me, if you play dota 2 and see what those pro players are doing its just fucking insane.

I'd be enthousiastic too if I could cast something like that.

Anyway if we get 2 really good commentators and just let them cast while we play lets say a 30 min game it could fucking be THE empires videa for new players to realize how awesome this game is.

14. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Really?
    There's more unfair issues in the current version and happened.

I couldn't pick Moonchild because he joined after I am done, you let Lawliet switched his option, this sounds a bit unfair to me.

I vote for wealthysoup.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  15. Paradox

does it matter what unfairness the game has, I'm talking bout less stacked teams.

And dude like omen or moonchild, it really doesnt matter, you ended up with moonchild anyway and we got rippie and same.

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

17. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I am glad that you know there are two different "fair" in this thing.

No offense but as a host, you picked the wrong one to care.

18. Paradox

dude, I dont understand, you want me to fix the game basicly so we can play the game? Cause I cant fix the game I can fix the ammount of stax.

If you want the game to be fixed learn to script and code and do it for me.

19. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I see your misunderstanding, "version" refers to the version of the picking process of this pug, not Empires.

I vote for wealthysoup's "version".

20. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR