Aiming gets you nowhere.

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Zealoth, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

Weapons need accuracy buff.
    I don't know what pillz take people calling new weapons perfectly balanced and how much more skill at aiming they need. It's bullshit.
    Aiming gets you nowhere, but running around like moron, and spraying like hell does. When aiming kd 5:15 when charging and spraying kd 4-10 YAY!

2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

You didn't need to aim in 1.07 or 2.12 either, why are you raging about this now

3. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

So then you know the strategy you need? If you're so good at running and spraying then do that.

Running backwards and repairing the sky doesn't work either, are you going to complain about that too?

4. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

oh i forgot one important thing. EMPIRES GOT FUCKING FRUSTRATING. 2.12 was only about aiming, spraying could possibly get you a kill. You think several kills on one clip were possible with spraying? It was fun! And if you were paying attention to whats going on, u couldnt get rambo'd. Now you can't do anything about it.

AND IM RAGING ABOUT IT NOW, BECAUSE NOW I HAVE TO FUCKING SPRAY D;!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  5. Coffeeburrito

Coffeeburrito Coder

I find your experiment to be very subjective, and non-conforming to the scientific method. Two test cases do not meet the minimum requirements for such a conclusion.

As it stands, I think this is more of an issue that when you're not charging, people have an easier time shooting you in the head. I would posit that it is harder for people to shoot a moving target, not that the weapons themselves are at fault.

New weapon balance in the next version anyway, so fawgeddabowdit! ^^

6. GoodGame

GoodGame Member

Huh, pay attention to your reticules. Let them recenter. Stop moving while you're aiming.

It's a degree of realism. The weapon has to recycle it's mechanisms in most cases.

7. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

You don't spray in this version, you won't hit anything. Instead you aim and use supressive and burst fire.

8. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

Forgot to mention. It happens everytime i play. Short bursts end in first scenario. Firing 15 bullets in general direction works better.

9. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Yea I miss the 2.2 ballence.

10. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

1. Prone/Crouch, if you don't you will miss every shot(except for the Pistols)
    2. Aim
    3. Fire in bursts, if you have accuracy upgrades you can have big burst but you cannot spray your entire clip of ammunition.

It works for me, I seriously slaughter everyone with it. And if the enemy has proned or crouched before you did run away, because he will kill you if you don't.

11. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

My mowtar still has perfect accuracy :)

12. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

No shit.
    I wish i was an awesome grenadier instead of rifleman as far as 2.2x is concerned. I'm hoping in the next patch walking speed will be lowered a bit so I can actually aim instead of spraying at close ranges.
    Along with a toning down of grenadier weapons, as in no firing RPG while bunnyhopping and no firing mortar while daruck-runn..i mean, duck-running.
    1 second of crouching for mortar and feet on the ground for the rpg.

And in 2.12 the assault weapons had insane accuracy, which means you either aimed at the target or missed. It's silly to say that spraying worked in 2.12 because the weapons were accurate.

13. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Tell me how you should kill tanks with one second delay.
    Chainguns and HE will rip you in pieces

14. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

If you haven't noticed, you have rpg to use against tanks. Maybe it could use some tweaking, but i personally think that you should have to set mortar up before being able to use it. And that would mean immobility.

And about insane accuracy: if bullets fly where you aim them, in encourages aiming, if bullets go "somewhere over there" it encourages 10 bullet spray-look-if guy lives still-another 10 bullets spray. :headshot: retarded D:

15. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Zeal.. The rpg SUX against tanks, should we nerf the mortar too so riflemen are better at killing them? Please don't suggest Wow Balancing..

16. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

Looking back now I'd have to say that 2.12 had the balance far more closely worked out, the only thing it needed was a small increase in the spread of the HAR and NFAR and a beef of the heavy rifle damage and more accuracy for the carbine, maybe accompanied by the burst shot of 2.2 instead of auto.
    Right now you end up having to rebalance EVERYTHING around weaker riflemen or getting posts about grenadiers being too good and even upped melee being too good (which it is on infantry maps, nowhere else though).
    Right now the assault rifles for both sides are still a bit too good at medium and long ranges for a clear division between them and the carbine and heavy rifle. I'd like to see a dramatic increase in the rate of fire for the assault rifles along with a slight increase in minimum spread, so that when someone gets an assault rifle planted in his neck, he and his 2 buddies that didn't see the attacker flank them are dead in 1.5 seconds flat, while a carbineer or heavy rifler can pick assault riflers off from longer ranges without suffering significant damage.

17. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

qtf

@DZ

its more "mowtar is better" than "rpg sucks"

18. Zeke

Zeke Banned

Did i hear someone mention wow balance?

and as for zealoth.... learn to aim and use type 2 rifles :P

from my pow the BE carbine beats all other wepons in terms of functionality overall due to its insane accuracy.
    (the accuracy make it lethal at all ranges except 0-3 meters, which is due to ROF... unless the enemy is looking another way ofc, iow rambo a big group from behind works)

and its a snipaaaa in terms of accuracy at long range xD

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  19. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

touch the mowtah. you die.

20. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

BE m16a4 sucks compared to the NF m14 D: Seriously, 1 burst at close range cannot kill them. At far ranges, it sucks even more. Needs some more steroids