afew more light tank weapons yes or no ?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Spike, Aug 30, 2015.

?

Afew more light tank weapons ?

1. yes

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I imagine they would be badass escaping thrusters.

Recoil is extremely useful.

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Oh, that recoil. I don't think it's a huge deal to have your speed lower a tad if you chase someone with it.

Like security said though, it's a fun use to escape with too.

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I knew it got broken but I just sort of assumed it was fixed by now. If it isn't then obviously autocannons will probably work fine. I can't remember projectile spread working when I used to do stuff, I know I tested it many years ago, but maybe I didn't test it enough. Either way, I don't feel like built-in cannon inaccuracy is a good idea, it just seems very frustrating to me.

I'd be interested in a more short-range cannon that did a decent bit of damage. When I say short range, I mean really short range - the kind that allows AFVs to actually splash damage LTs that are next to them.

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

A lot of cannons have a projectile spread of 1, with the exception of ranged which has 0 and rails which has 0.1. I'm not looking at every version to see if that's consistent, but 2.24 has the same values so it's a good bet it's been that way for awhile. I know in the scripts it says it's only for vehicle mgs, but that's not true at all, at least as far back as 2.24 it's effected every weapon that has a value.

I had a cannon that worked like that, but it was meant to be a heavy tank weapon so it did 200 damage. Even if you aimed as high as you could the max distance was something like 1-1 1/2 rax length. Still though, it wouldn't be hard to rebalance it to make it a weapon that's fit for light tanks, it's certainly a possibility.

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

You can keep the speed high but just increase the gravity on it if you want.