Advanced Machining: The next "in" thing?

Discussion in 'General' started by recon, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Omneh

Omneh Member

I love how railguns and nukes have the most terrifying, demoralising sounds ever. Watching a team fall to pieces because they just heard that nuke, or railgun salvo, is almost funny. And very very sad.

2. kill3rtomato

kill3rtomato Member

Which is why they're researched. Even if rail guns weren't that great, people would still 'fear' them. If I'm on NF and I see BE has rail gun heavies, then I'm not as likely to rush as I would be otherwise.. for fear of being torn to pieces.. and I'm very very prone to rushing.

So in the end it doesn't stop me, but it seems to stop many many other people x|

3. Demented

Demented Member

The demoralisation isn't so much from the sound as it is from the rampant pwnage that follows it.

4. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

rail tanks aren't impossible to dodge. People tend to just shoot first, aim later. in other words, moving, stopping, and changing direction is enough to stop most hits from a rail heavy. On top of that, they tend to sit there while they are shooting rather than moving. That makes the great targets. I especially like to rush up with NF heavy, preferably with regen or reflective, and unload a constant barrage of 5 mls.

ML's have a low enough heat to be spammed, but high enough fire rate to be spammed until the clip is gone. Most effective weapon in close quarters, and also true to the nickname "Shotty tank".

Also, sticking a UML in there for one of the slots makes it slightly more effective, as every other shot will do a double damage.

5. Empty

Empty Member

We're gunna get a shitload of machining now that APCs need to have their spawns researched in machining.

6. Omneh

Omneh Member

I wonder if people will bother to research spawns at all... :pathetic:

7. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

2x UML > 5x MLs. And now that the bio ML doesn't weigh tons anymore, we can even use a combination of bio ML and UML which is even better (I hope the regen-bug gets sorted out soon).

8. communism

communism poof

Regen bug has already been sorted out (last time I checked)

9. Demented

Demented Member

Being in the private build doesn't much matter if it's not in the public build that all the real people play. =P

10. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Well I researched composite the other day and was banned from the server for greifing.

11. Skyrage

Skyrage Member

You serious? Which server?

12. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

Whatever server it was, it must be better than most of these shitty servers