A rendition to Hobbes...

Discussion in 'General' started by meg griffin, Dec 23, 2010.

1. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

*sigh*...

lol rampantandroid, we finally agree on something.

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I luv my chat,,, @.@ you fucking dumbass

3. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

(All) WMG|.\\: voteban him plz
    (All) WMG|.\\: he is mad
    (All) Vega @ GTX 580: uninstalling this game, what a stupid community its turned into
    (All) ‡|?X?|‡ Grantrithor.exe: ALL CAPS ALLOW PEOPLE TO HEAR ME
    Player Vega @ GTX 580 left the game (Disconnect by user.)
    (All) ‡|?X?|‡ Grantrithor.exe: HAHAHHAHA
    (All) AS|.\\: lol
    (All) leet jeep sklz: ...and the community just improved by 5 points
    (All) WMG|.\\: lol at his GTX 580
    (All) ‡|?X?|‡ Grantrithor.exe: we didn't even need to ban him
    (All) Atheos: rageuninstall!
    (All) [nsfw] Delete: like a g6

WMG, he's mad allright :p I luv this community

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

both of you should know better. actually research ANYTHING, as long as you have armor, engines and weapons (though the last is prolly the biggest argument in empires) before you upgrade to bigger tanks it doesnt matter that much. ok if you have regen and they go bioweaponry you are fucked, but this is really the only counter-situation (and its like that since regen got fixed, so forever)
    just research your most favorite tank without switching reserach paths too often before heavies and you should be good. the rest is your teams fault, if they cannot use abs versus umls they deserve to die (yes i know ...)

u play that game, you know what you use all the time, so how is knowing what to research such a big deal. just keep an eye on when there is nothing researching (people hint you anyway) and GG. unless your team fails ofc, but thats not necessarily your fault as comm ...

5. Empty

Empty Member

I don't drive tanks due to my ping.

6. flasche

it doesnt mean you dont know what your commanders research ...
    its not like itd be hidden from you ...
    also ask around at start - often people say they like idk, some sort of APC or nukeheavies or whatever ...

just stick to a plan - not dogmatic - but in general. if you go for heavies, go for heavies and dont reconsider you go for arties when you researched adv machining already ...

the thing is, you as commander - as long as you dont fuck up and get stuck or ninjad - dont contribute much to a victory anyway. its mainly the team that does all the dirty work. ive lost to way worse comms because they had the teamplayers, ive won against the best because i had the good team.
    comms can only fuck over a round - the rare situations trickster would be describing if i wouldnt write this here, when sonecha ends the game soloing on his own, just are rare situations, not the norm ...

also yes hobbes, you really got predictable - will this be the end of the king of boomtanks? stay tuned for the next episode of "oh shit they walled our cv" :D

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  7. Empty

Empty Member

I don't pay attention to research because i don't drive tanks derp.

8. flasche

then dont await that anyone does your job of learning whats best ... herp ;)

9. Empty

Empty Member

Uh what.

10. flasche

lol

i meant,
    dont expect anyone to do your job of learning ...

11. Empty

Empty Member

I asked to be taught, if you don't want to to it, then don't.

12. flasche

you dont listen anyway :P
    and even if you never ever drove a tank, after the what, 3-4 years (idk) you play empires you cant tell me that you dont know typical reserach paths ...
    ... if so, then better dont command, even if that means there is only a complete noob left as comm, since id deem you a noob too then (which i dont)

so all physics er meds, bio/chem, heapcs, electric-railheavies ... all this tells you nothing at all? cmon empty, i dissapoint :eek:

13. Empty

Empty Member

The best research changes each patch, I remember I used to spam HE cannon meds and win 3 out of 4 rounds, but every patch that comes out I find my previous research tactics are obsolete.

14. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I think just about anything works this patch, research has been sort of OK for a few patches now.

Although you'll probably win/lose based on which team gets the only commander on the server anyway.

15. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

hey haters and geniuses please observe the freshly dead rax next to the com in the picture. i crashed while researching next to a RAX!!! this loss had nothing to do with boomtanking other than the fact that we wouldn't have made it that far in the round had i not boomtanked enough for my (otherwise fail)team to take most of the map. this loss is neither directly related or indirectly related to boomtanking. so quick to hate and so nonobjective in your analyzing. truth is i com around 20+ rounds a day. sure there will be 3-5 rounds where i push the limits of the com too far or i just make a stupid mistake, or some scunt gets lucky. but other than that folks i salvage a lot of fail rounds that would be rape if i wasnt there. and lets face it, sometimes opposing teams just execute a plan well and that y doenst have much to do with what the eventual loser does. yet i get credit for every loss. me and boomtanking. even losses where i never left the base. or i leave base for a few then return and eventual get rushed in my base and have no team listening or responding. those really aren't my fault. i get little credit when i win, or make a game respectable, and no one remarks on the fact that i never rage quit. how many veteran coms (often times guys with .// after their name) bail as soon as they see the writing on the wall of losing. first signs of fail and they go to spec then their whole entourage bails on the team for spec. and 1 more point in regards to spec it amuses me how often vets hang out in spec, ghost the first third of a map then join my opposition and act responsible for their victory. they wont join until they see me roll up on a BE base then they are all proud about sticky stunning the "failcom". so enemys, keep up the under handed tactics, the ghosting, the hobbes anti-stax, and what ever else you silly elitist kids can try to pull. i have my allies and with them i will continue to win and lose at my own discretion.

still the king

16. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Hobbes you should know that being next to a rax is not the safe option, being next to your forces is the safe option, there's no point sitting next to a rax if nobody is using it, you should sit where there are lots of people to protect you, this is usually at the forwardmost base or sometimes on the frontlines.

You should also know by now that half the point of commanders is having someone to blame for every loss.

17. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The thing is hobbes is that you were driving with it and you crashed, and you lost the game because you crashed, and partly because I brought an apc over there. Imagine if you crash when you are boom tanking and you were too far from your base.

The best research tree in this patch is chemistry for both teams, it has uml, HE,advanced cool and ugl, which ugl boats rape bases.

18. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

i wasn't intending to crash so if im just stopping to update research, any rax is better than the middle of nowhere i figure for a few seconds.

19. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

just stop boom tanking so much and you'll be considered good

20. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

i was driving with it, yes in that gameearlier, then i wasnt and i was at a rax where i stopped to research. this is only a crash loss. really no direct correlation with me driving around on this one and us losing. other maps yes, this one no so much.