A rendition to Hobbes...

Discussion in 'General' started by meg griffin, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

A choice to bind a button for squad only voice chat and team voice chat would be better, but we can't do it though.

2. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

3. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

What do you mean by this - is it in the SDK? Are you able to process incoming sound packets and look to see who they're from?

If so, from there you can simply client side throw those packets out if they're from someone outside your squad (this includes commander); if you're the squad leader then you don't chuck sound packets from the comm or other squad leaders.

Problem: How do you deal with the commander leaving the CV? At current, when the comm leaves you have no comm. My solution would be that voice wise, the last person in the CV is the comm (thus, person A enters CV, leaves CV and chats, person A is still comm. Person B now enters the CV they are comm, Person A's comm status is removed.) Also a problem here is - the comm can join a squad...which complicates sorting matters.

How you'd allow the comm to broadcast to all players on the team in this system though, I have no clue - unless you can add some data to the sound packets to signify that "all team chat" is enabled for that data.

Problem that players might cause: everyone will potentially just new up a squad and be the leader so they can essentially bypass the system.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I have no idea about it, I just remember some past coder of the last 3 years saying that.

5. zenarion

zenarion Member

Was that during the time that aircraft were deemed impossible?

6. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

WUT AR AIRCRAFTZ? ;)