A Modest Proposal

Discussion in 'General' started by Straevaras, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Getting a game popular while it's only a beta version of something much larger is better than improved GUI any day.

Has anyone really thought about that? empires was originally created to be a huge epic battlefield with planes and boats and shit, and it's already an incredible game as is. As a mapper, you can make a game Infantry style and small, Command style and large, eventually something incredibly large. The best part is that adding the new features doesn't necessarily mean that you have to get rid of the old game modes and such. This game is fricken awesome when you think about that it won't change, but it'll just get better. Even if you don't like the aircraft, there will still be command maps like we have now that should work.

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Yesterday I tried to get one of my friends into Empires. Tbh, he was completely put off with how the GUI worked...I hadn't realised how really not-that-helpful it is to newbies, and how off-putting such a simple thing could be.

That being said, a new GUI is on it's way soon (not 2.2 tho), so it's already being worked on...^^

3. Straevaras

Straevaras Member

Reviving this thread.

So can I capture the attention of those who said they were interested? And are you still interested? I'm very much wanting to get this off the ground now.

4. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

This sounds an awful lot like KEU.

5. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

This has cropped up on CW forums. The consensus was:
    We are all willing to help, although of course a great many have time constraints. Neba has even offered to make a forum for it, although this was a while ago.

I'm ofc willing to help in any way I can. If I were you I'd try and find some CW peoples, forum is http://www.commwarriors.com/forum

6. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Eh, I'd get too impaitent and start yelling at them.

7. Aeoneth

Aeoneth Member

I started a little while ago but ive already grasped the basics of the game. I'm all for a clan of Drill sergeants like this, woulda helped me immensly when i learned anyway I'd be interested in teaching the game

8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Basically, as Rego said, we all think it should be done, but everyone seems to have tried it in some way or another and it hasn't worked for them.

We really want it to work, we just don't think it will. If you can make it work, then damn, that would be Great! :D

9. OuNin

OuNin Member

I recently taught a good friend of mine how Empires works and if more people are willing, I am willing.

10. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

Get the gears rolling.
    Make a steam group.
    Invite everyone who has ever said they are willing.
    Go post on some clan forums and see if you can get more.
    Hold a meeting this weekend in that group's chat.
    Stop reading this and go and do the above.
    If you are reading this line you have failed.

11. Straevaras

Straevaras Member

I guess I failed D:

It's in action, starting to invite people I have on my friends list and that I can find from the Empires group.