A little question

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by ba'al, Jan 24, 2009.

1. ba'al

ba'al Member

When I first heard about the insane deal of heat dealt to the cv by apc mgs, I thought it was a bug, afterwards Weedy tells me its actually a feature. I asked how can it possibly be a feature and my post got erased....

So I ask again, how can this be possibly a feature? How can three apcs stoping the CV from escaping be considered balancing?

2. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

It's a balance issue.

3. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

I think the idea is that CVs aren't supposed to be too good at escaping. Having the entire game dependent on the comm's driving ability is kind of silly, and having tanks chasing the CV around the map while Benny Hill music plays is even sillier.

The CV is only able to run a little bit so their team can rush to rescue them. Allowing them to run for extended periods of time when overwhelmed is probably not good.

4. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

i have seen cv's perform massive feats of heroism before..

5. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

Just have the CV self destruct 5 minutes after everyone else on the team is dead (with a countdown). Respawning soldiers stops the countdown until they are all dead again (only maybe reset it).

That way the commander can still try to drive into the assaulters or the other commander for massive roffles.

Thinking about that, why isn't the CV self destructing (to prevent stealing of tech) after it has been destroyed? It would make a pretty epic sight.