50 cal Rifle

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Trid3nt, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Miss Mary

Miss Mary Member

3 posts at the same time lol

2. PJB

PJB Member

my point exactly. in primary mode (3) it could be used while standing, but needs to reload after every shot, taking several seconds, but in secondary mode (4) you could crouch, deploy it somehow, and benifit from a dramaticaly reduces reload time, however the innability to move without waiting several seconds to undeploy (eg, more effective against vehicles, but less against infintary or HE)

3. Miss Mary

Miss Mary Member

ideas getting better all the time

4. PJB

PJB Member

i think this one might be a winner mary.

5. Miss Mary

Miss Mary Member

most definatly
    throw some more ideas around (on the same subject) and see what happens

6. 2TM

2TM Banned

Yes you can, But
    50 cal to a heavy armoured tank
    =
    Spitballs toa dog :)

7. PJB

PJB Member

How about a dedicated Anti tank grenade?
    anything but grenadiers and engies are allmost totaly vunerable to tanks.. especialy scouts (who lack any disrctive power against armour).

For anyone familair with the tearm the british 'sticky bomb' design from world war 2. the device was basicaly a shaped explosive charge within a gravity controled bearing system that could 'stick' to enermy vehicles.
    something like that would be effective againt armour, but pretty much useless against infitary.

8. Jn.

Jn. Member

I really don't know about a rifle for grenadiers because in order for it to be effective enough, it could easily be spammed against infantry from long ranges, and if the accuracy was dumbed down to prevent this, it wouldn't be good for anything it's intended for. I know a long reload time would somewhat help against spammage, but all you'd have to do is pull of a couple shots and get up and run while reloading to get to another spot far away.

Sticky bombs I like. Possibly bombs coated with glue for the NF, and something like plasma grenades from halo for the BE. These could have a medium-short throwing range and could only explode when sticking to some sort of armor.

9. 2TM

2TM Banned

Thats better then the american sticky bomb...
    It got its name because it was actually sticky :)
    But its too powerful for the game
    1 charge in real life would blow the tank wheele things off a tank and inflame the cockpit :):):)

10. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

Wouldnt be a problem if the rifle wasent hitscan but rather projectile based firing fast projectiles instead, it having a initial low damage against infantry but have a larger damage multiplier added when hitting turrets, veichles, structures...

11. PJB

PJB Member

stickybombs-plasma grenades obviously wouldn't be one shot anti-tank kills, you'd need about three or five to take down a tank, but they would be a nice addition to an allready fantastic mod.

as for the rifle, it would probebly be a hollow-tip projectile. if i remeber my grandads war stories correctly such weapons had a hollow casey thing, then inside it had a big solid metal part. when it hit a vehicle the caseing would stop, but the internal metal bit would puncture the armour.
    a weapon of that kind would probebly badly wound a person if it hit them, but wouldn't have any kind of splash damage. meanwhile would be very effective against a tank.

12. BoF

BoF Member

Personally, I do think that the HE bullet rounds that can be researched for tank MG weaponry I capable enough as it already is. Plus, I don't know how it fits into the game noticing the current level of technology flying around, but there is already plasma rounds too for that job. Another thing about using .50 CAL based bullets for MG rifles is that they're too bulky to carry around in the field of combat. Using an anti-tank rifle is possible and they are variants that allows you to carry them on your hips; but be forwarned that trying to implement these into the game is just plain overkill, and unreasonable as there are already AT rockets flying around the map. Plus, .50 CAL rounds don't do shit to heavily armored tanks wearing either reactive or reflective armory, possibly to lighter vehicles as jeeps or AFV's but you won't see them much once a game starts going after 10 minutes. One final thought is that infantry munitions will be STICKING TO ONE TYPE OF BULLET

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  13. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

Then use a bigger rifle:eek:

http://exit3.i-55.com/~suit/big_one/

14. BoF

BoF Member

15. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

and your shoulder :(

16. PJB

PJB Member

In all fairness, any weapon, no matter how mad can be added if balanced..
    say for instance the gunships (aircraft) when introduces had Uber Pro Death Lasers....
    just because they are uber pro and lasers doesn't mean they are unbalanced, if their accuasy was total bollocks then while being the ultimate anti-everything weapon, they'd be useless at long range meaning you'd have to get in really close, making you vunerable to,.. well everything

same with any weapon, uber anti-tankness rifles dont nessercarly have to do tons of damage, prehaps they could do less than the missle.. but the acuassy would balance it.