3rd person view @ jeeps

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by BlakkCooper, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Because empires isn't supposed to be realistic.

I don't find it fun in either.

2. MichaelSteve

MichaelSteve Member

I lol'd.

3. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

You should be able to purchase personal satellites so you can control vehicles from top down, that'd be fun.

4. Lord_Doku

Lord_Doku Member

was that an Comment Of Lol or an serious suggestion ? :D

How expensive should it be then ? i say about 10 res, just to make it an nuisance for people to get it.

Personally, i would LOVE 3rd person view on the jeep, but then again we gotta make it fair so tanks would need em too.

5. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

That wasn't serious, your PC would be under a heavy load if it would have to render from top down.

6. BlakkCooper

BlakkCooper Member

wtf? tanks already HAVE 3rd person view?!?! you see the tank from the BEHIND!

7. Demented

Demented Member

Yeah, my Rage 3d can barely handle looking forward, imagine if it had to look from above! All the detail on the hatch might crash my Pentium 2! Please, no 3rd person. =(

8. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I can drive a jeep just fine. It's not that hard to avoid objects. Most of them are quite a bit larger than that small corner you can't see.

9. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

What you could try is edit the materials so the annoying sections are transparent.

10. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Wouldn't that mean you end up seeing through the whole jeep though?

Like because there's nothing actually under the transparent polygons, you can see the ground?

11. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I said annoying sections, not whole jeep.

12. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

13. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Yes, but the annoying sections will essentially be like holes in the mesh if they're transparent without anything behind them.

Delete a few polys from a building and you can see through it, same applies to making polys transparent.

14. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

The only way to fix it really would be to remodel the jeeps to have thinner roll cages :/ editing the skins to be see-through would look hacky and would be confusing for people shooting out of jeeps and having shots blocked by invisible roll bars.

15. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Look, i don't know how you think chris but that doesn't makes any sense. Making something transparent isn't making holes, and it doesn't just counts as an exploit. You could remove the rollbars on the NF jeep without calling it an exploit.

16. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

The point is you would need someone willing to do a remodel. I dont think a simple reskin or texture edit would cut it.

17. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

You can modify the texture to have transparent sections, there's no need for a remodel.

18. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

Like I said, it would look kinda hacky having random transparent sections, and it would still block bullets without a remodel so would be annoying firing out of jeeps. Unless you made the textures translucent rather thn transparent?

19. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

You don't know how the texture system works, do you? You can easily make parts of textures transparent.

20. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

If you make a brush in hammer and texture one face transparent, then look at it, you can see right through the brush from the side with the transparency.

So, if you texture parts of the jeep transparent, you'll see right through the jeep when you look at the transparent sections, if you texture the rollbars see through you'll see little bits of ground through the areas where they connect to the main body. Assuming they are connected properly anyway, if you just intersected the polygons then it wouldn't but I'm assuming whoever modelled the jeep didn't leave holes in the mesh.