[2.65] Issues with Stamina

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Awpolt, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Awpolt

Awpolt Member

Game Version: 2.65

Issue: Stamina is drained while not providing an increase in movement speed when Sprint is used under the following circumstances:

1.) Player is prone; Stamina is drained.
    2.) Player is crouched; Stamina is drained.
    3.) Player is in mid-air; Stamina is drained.
    4.) Player is unable to move.

Additionally, by default, Sprint is triggered by the SHIFT key, instead of the SHIFT + Forward Key combination (W by default). It used to be this way but was changed for some reason.

2. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I think this issue has been there since forever.

3. Neoony

Neoony Member

Wait, doesnt it actually provide sprint while prone or crouched?

Iam 100% sure it did, unless something changed.
    Its just not the same speed as sprinting while standing up of course, but it is an increase.

Was pretty valuable for prone/crouched hidden "scout".

Same goes for swimming in the water, its just almost unnoticable.

I even gave an advice about this for scouts hide not so long ago on the forums.

http://forums.empiresmod.com/showpost.php?p=494737&postcount=9
    From this thread: http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=19015&highlight=sprint+prone

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  4. Awpolt

Awpolt Member

Thank you for that link, Neoony.

Quote from Lazybum: "Yeah, it's handy. But sprint doesn't automatically move you forward if you crouch or prone."

This is what I've been experiencing. It drains your Stamina but doesn't actually move you forward. Even if your Key is properly assigned to Sprint, it will not have any effect, which can be frustrating when you are in dire need of Stamina.

5. Trainzack

Trainzack Member

Yes, this bug sucks. I hate it worse than Scientology.

6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I'm not sure how many people actually notice you only need the sprint key to move forward. I say this because I assume everyone holds forward when they do use the sprint key, which does work with prone and crouch.

I mentioned that it doesn't move you because I was saying due to it not actually moving automatically it would work well for scouts wanting to use a different version of hide without moving while still using stamina, or in other words it sounded like less work to implement(I know I should never say that but still) when everything automatically works that way. Right?

7. Neoony

Neoony Member

Oh, just now I get what you are exactly talking about XD

Iam with the habit of pressing "W" key along with the sprint all the time.
    So I barely even notice any of that.

I never noticed that it drains stamina if you dont press "W" while crouching/proning though, as it doesnt move you forward just like when standing.

I just know I hated to press ctrl+shift (+W) for crouch sprint, I feel uncomfortable having to press those 2 keys at the same time and hold them, while playing any FPS game for some reason xD
    Prone-sprint much better. (+ better hide)