2.5 Test #3 - PLAYTEST - Sunday 9th March - 20:00 GMT, 4pm EST, 1pm PST

Discussion in 'Testing Discussion' started by Candles, Mar 6, 2014.

1. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

I remember looking at the +showbudget thing in the old version of Empires and I seem to remember that the "Unaccounted" could be the wait for the monitor refresh interval if v-sync is enabled.
    In other words, perfectly normal behaviour and nothing to worry about. "Unaccounted" might not show up if enabled in game vs forced in graphics drivers.
    Haven't tested all this yet, will do so another day.

2. HaschteWas

HaschteWas Member

I'm not using V-Sync.
    I got two testing PCs.
    On one I have no problems with performance.
    On the other I do.

However, on both of them there is lots of unaccounted drawing actions,
    which is not the case in Empires @ SDK 2007.

If you want to tell me that you have no idea what causes the new unaccounted drawing actions (which take the biggest amount of drawing time!) because you didn't touch stuff during the port that may cause it on empires side, we have to live with that.
    Because that would mean changes in the SDK 2013 are responsible for it
    and it should be a common problem to all ported mods.

However, if this is an unknown issue of SDK 2013 (e.g. there are mods without high values of unaccounted drawing actions) you may want to find the issue before releasing the port, because it may indicated that something wasn't ported/updated properly.

Just because we do have high performance PC's doesn't mean we shouldn't care about resources anymore.

Even if its just a problem of proper labeling of different drawing actions it should be fixed, because otherwise the +budget display just becomes useless, like you already noticed.