2.5 Test #2 - PLAYTEST - Saturday 1st March - 20:00 GMT, 3pm EST, 12pm PST

Discussion in 'Testing Discussion' started by Trickster, Feb 28, 2014.

1. HaschteWas

HaschteWas Member

Revision 1573 makes my empires crash when starting the game.
    I can see the proper empires background image and then it vanishes/closes/crashes.

I don't have this problem with 1572 and 1571.

So Varbles committed ".. test jeep thingy" is missing some materials/sounds I guess.

2. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Trickster's most recent commit to add Viroman's jeeps forgot to add the script files in the script folder, and I can't fix it because my access permissions are broken.

3. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

You can manually fix the scripts.

Remove the bottom two entries in vehicle_chassis (nf viro jeep and be viro jeep).

That should disable the game from ever trying to look up the (missing) files.

If that doesn't work, open the presets folder and delete the two files with "viro" in their name. Then open the "nf" folder until you get to the "jeep" folder and delete the "viro" file inside there. Do the same in the "imp" folder.

As far as I know, that's all of the added files. It failed because the empires vehicle scripts (armor, engine type, weapon slots, etc) were placed where the hl2/source scripts (physics bullshit) should've been and the hl2/source scripts were not in the folder as far as I could find. Thanks Obama.

4. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I should feel saddened that my name is causing people anguish but, It more like "heh".

5. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

More like Failster.

Who can fix the svn permissions?

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Can someone quickly tell me what I did wrong so I can fix it?

Also lol, I forgot I'm still using Varbles' SVN details.

EDIT: K, opened the folder and realised my fuck up immediately. Originally I put the chassis scripts in their own folder (scripts/nf(or imperial)/vehicle/ground/viro_jeep). After Spartacus told me that ViroMan had put them next to the original jeep I must have "undone" my cut and paste and somehow ended up grabbing the wrong file to throw in, and entirely deleting another file. I saw that the NF file wasn't even committed even though it was in the right place. I've just committed the fixes and it should be working properly now, totally my bad. I don't exactly recall why I didn't test it at the time, but I should have done.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  7. ImSpartacus

I'm at work, but I'll help you get it working in a eight hours or so. No wall of text from me!

8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

No I already fixed it, I just explained what I'd done and why I'd fucked it up in that post.

9. ImSpartacus

So it's working? Nice!