[2.3] Possible script changes - need testers

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Drag, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

The scatter cannons/MG suck IMO, the only place scatter has is on an arty.

2. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Why not make it so that some rockets start in a 45 or 90 angle?
    The problem is that most stuff atm looks so similar D:

Our community modelers should be able to model some different rocket
    and shell models. AHAND MAKE IT SO DIFFERENT TYPE OF ROCKETS
    have a different colored trail

3. communism

communism poof

Sorry not gonna read all 3 post im drunk
    Tested it earlier and I really really loved the selection!

Two things that bother me a bit, and now that im writing these maybe 3

1. Now you cant mix and match research, comm role is even dumber with researching 1 tree and sticking with it

2. Siege cannon (from what ive tested) is worthless, not enough damage to do much in tank combat. If it owns infantry than its just an heavy nuke. I can get the idea where people with it equipped sit back and shell kind of like an arty <-- arty role. Havent tested AOE and such

3. when I wrote that it reminded me, bio is bugged. I tryed the bio arty cannon it didnt degen the armor at all. Zeke also was raping me with the bio 1 slot MG and no damage at all.

4. (was meant to be 3!) Balance.. going to be really hard but I'm up the the task

There was prolly 1 more but brain fart so fuck.

FUCK YES I REMEBERED FIVE
    Organic armor bugged. Correct me if I'm wrong but it is supposed to regen plates fully owned? I got my front two plates taken off as a light tank and ran about for about 30-45 seconds and the fronts did not regenerate

4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

It won't regenerate if all plates on that side are depleted, it's a feature.

5. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

make it so the "growing ammo" of bio really refills with time

edit: from how the weapons feel: autocannon feels to slow
    the fast missiles dont fly fast imo

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  6. communism

communism poof

Whats the difference? Faster regen? I think the armor would be worth it if it regenned plates that have been destoryed, its what the descption leads to believe anyways

7. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

what about including infantry stuff in those trees :3

8. communism

communism poof

QFT

Biology - same damage with a bio effect after
    Chemisty - more damage
    Physics - (maybe 5-10 more damage) adds heat
    Mech apt - RPG reload time halfed
    Reactive - RPG missels fly twice as fast, or guide better

Also plain rpgs need a buff, grens are useless now when fighting tanks. I guess if some sort of research like this could be implemented quickly through research it would balance out. Otherwise gren is just a rifleman that makes boom

9. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

What about giving electricity "long range tazers"?
    Just a mg with different sound/tracer sprite.
    I think every tree should feel and look unique :)

10. Drag

Drag Member

I want to keep the scatter cannon. The mg, I don't really care it was mainly a test (shotgun like weapon, crashed server the first time :p)

Infantry researches need coding, I think its already on the big and growing maybe list.

Particle effects themselves are not the problem, ark told me the particle stuff needs code implementation first.

Org armor, well I did it in a minute and upped the regeneration effect. No other big change obviously.

Growing ammo: Pointless feature, have some imagination it's just a weapon description ;)

@communism: I'm glad siege cannon is worthless against tanks, thats exactly how it is supposed to be.

Yea the whole bio section is massively bugged it seems, might be a code bug or I was just too tired.

The lack of "mix and match" is necessary, else we have 90% useless researches again because no one dares try something new. If the new weapons work out we can always go back to a "mix and match" research tree, BUT with a lot more knowledge and balance done because everything is likely to be tried out by individual players.

I'm increasing the higher tier auto-cannon rate of fire.
    Fast missiles fly fast enough, any faster and cannons become obsolete. They are not meant as main weapons, phys has enough good weapons already.

Going to decrease the amount of missiles the higher tier salvos fire, too much strain on servers afaik.

11. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

A auto shotgun like anti infantry mg would be awesome haha

12. communism

communism poof

Scatter cannon needs some tweaking if its here to stay. Its 20 damage a shell firing 3 a shot, your better off getting the auto cannon and harassing from range. It would work out as an NF light maybe, I tried ramming NF heavies as BE medium and the firepower just wasn't enough

ooohhh and
    was I the only person that totally thought those new machine guns and chainguns locked onto infantry at first haha

13. Drag

Drag Member

Descriptions too witty for you? Sorry, need to run them through the dumbifier ;P

Anyways the scatter is meant for close range. If you use it for longer range I don't expect it to be efficient against anything but buildings.

In closer range you can use it to pepper a few shots into tanks (while speeding by for example). Also note that 3 shells are more likely to wound infantry than 1 shell.

It is NOT a weapon that should give you good firepower.

14. communism

communism poof

Drunkifier :/

Yeah it is a good anti infantry weapon but I see it as kinda worthless atm. No tanks are really capable of drive by's cept the light maybe (<3 swarm missle already). Maybe increase the amount of shells it fires but increase the reload time? 5 maybe? Maybe make it so 100 damage if all hit and have the reload reinforce hit and run tactics

But this seems like a cannon only viable to BE meds (which I like),when/if it gets buffed a bit

15. Drag

Drag Member

Well its a mechanical weapon, they are meant to be average but cheap and light as hell. More than 3 shells might become a problem, every shell has it's own physics calculation during the flight. Too much spam = "lag"death.

An increase to overall 100 dmg is possible if the reload time is increased.

Anyways, updated version of scripts here and in first post.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/534848/15MarchTestScripts.rar

Description changes not in yet, reasons above.

Edit
    Latests changes:
    - Moved arty research back down a notch before heavy tank chassis.
    - MKii vehicles moved down to upgraded chassis again.
    - Changed mkii LT to have 2 one-slotted mls instead of one two slotted. This is basically for testing and fits the other changes (there are a lot more 1 slot weapons available now) If the 2.23 mkii lt works out better this one can be used.
    - fixed a bug preventing most of the bio weapons to show up
    - various stuff

Looking into / thinking about:
    - temporary "anti light tank" weapons until a new afv or lt model is done, basically weapons with higher gravity rating (tier 1) that have an easier time hitting small targets closer to the tank.
    - high tier engines
    - Sorting all chassis upgrades, rpg upgrades, spawn point researches, turrets, whatnot into a sixth tree called "Logistics" (30 sec research time, 100 res cost)
    - Keeping 2.22 armor values for the normal armors with slight modifications
    - Using 2.23 armors values for the "high tier" armors

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  16. Drag

Drag Member

Okay another test.

- 3 slot grenade launchers
    - swarm missile spread needs to be bigger
    - lethal virus mg pointless
    - scatter mg fubar (still -.-)

17. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

what about making the high tier anti vehicle mgs with a computer automatical
    fire if you have a target in the cross hair. Like a 10 round burst.

18. Drag

Drag Member

Sure sure, as soon as someone codes these awesome things in I'll add them right away :]

19. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

I'd REALLY love to test these, but no one will pm me the svn password. Dizzy hasn't responded in 2 weeks..

20. Drag

Drag Member

How about downloading 2.23. Make a backup of the script folder. Then put the customized scripts in.

To revert put the backup back in. Done and done.