[2.25] Tertiary Fire for Vehicles

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by [R]eX, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Wertbarg

Wertbarg Member

as long as I don't get a commander who prebuilds vehicles that use the mouse 3-90,000 buttons, I'm fine with it being implimented. but that is in fact the main potential problem that I see, is people individualizing the tank to the point that nobody else can drive it if they die outside of it, but I do believe that this should only be a major problem when coms drop a bunch of prebuilt papers that use mouse 3 and does not have a repair pad due to how early game it is. However, just about any of said problems can be overcome with some thought using the different bind groups 1-6.

Over all, I weakly support this suggestion.

2. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Mouse1: StdML
    Mouse2: StdCN
    Mouse3: StdMG

This would be my setup for AFVs and LTs if there was tertiary fire. Just make something like RCtrl the default and let people switch it to mouse3 if they have the option. This suggestion is all pluses and no minuses.

3. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

where did that attitude go in relation to this topic, chris?

4. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Same place.

I don't have any major reservations against adding this other than the aforementioned commander built tank issue, but I don't see any point in it either because it doesn't allow you to do anything new, you can't use all three weapons at once because at least one would interfere with the aiming of the other two.

So it's the same opinion, I don't see it being useful in the slightest but I probably won't have to use it so I'm not overly concerned.

5. Wertbarg

Wertbarg Member

I currently have my setup as:
    Sandard cannon:[x][ ][x] Primary
    Standard Mgun: [x][x][x] Secondary
    Standard Missle: [ ][x][x] Primary

This pretty much works just as well, just press 1 for medium range cannon fights, press 2 for missiles instead, and 3 for maximum firepower. As I've said before, I can understand wanting extra buttons for more choices, but most problems can be overcome quite easily with some thought.

6. spellman23

spellman23 Member

I do the exact same thing!

7. o_O

o_O Member

Sure why not.