[2.23] Arty Strike Ninja

Discussion in 'Archive' started by tkeracer619, Feb 12, 2009.

1. tkeracer619

tkeracer619 Member

It is too easy to kill the CV with a squad commander arty strike. Since other ways of killing the CV without a team effort are being nerfed something should be done about this one as well.

IMO the range is too far and the time till strike too soon. Arty should take at least a few seconds to hit the target after the strike has been called. As it stands it is too easily abused. Maybe a timer to delay how often you could call it in would also be in order.

2. communism

communism poof

Arty stike time depends on the map. If i'm correct it comes from the skybox, so low skybox = instant strike.

Ive seen a lot of pubbers ruining games from 20 points, and it is all from the heat issue. When I get struck I run but if you don't move your cv in the first half second your overheated and GG
    Im really sick of SnakeDFox especially ruining games thinking its skill to tap a key 5 times on an immobile object (basically)

3. @@@@Marcin@@@@

@@@@Marcin@@@@ Developer

I just hide in a VF with a big range of turrets on all sides
    if he arty strikes you then he hits the VF not you.

4. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

I do think that there needs to be like a cooldown timmer on the arty strike and for it not to deal so much heat to the object in question

5. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

If you want a timer on it, then I want a instakill ability for buildings. I use it mainly to kill enemy raxes and it would be worthless with a timer.

6. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

you still can if they lower the heat output, and even with what a 2-3 second timmer you can take out buildings pretty fast with 5 strikes

7. Porthos

Porthos Member

It'd be nice if the rounds had some time between them like a "real" arty strike.

8. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

It would be better if there was more of a random spread on it instead of being an almost pinpoint indirect fire weapon. ATM there is what, 2 or 3 metres radius within where the shots fall? When it is used it is not for support so much as quick-killing a single target, this is why it is so useful to kill a CV with it.

If the shots each fell over a wider area it would be used more as a support weapon, as intended,rather than a quick way to spam kill a heavy tank or ninja a stationary CV.

ATM it is rarely if ever used tactically, to weaken an area and help a team push in. It is only ever used as a way to do a massive amount of damage to one specific tank or building or quickly destroy a bothersome turret.

I would prefer to see it used to drop a random amount of damage on a general area, so instead of a squad leader having to be pin-point accurate with where he spams the button he can just drop it in a general area and hope it either kills enough or scares enough enemy to disrupt them and let his squad push up. It would also automatically solve the problem of it being used to CV ninja, as even if you spam it, landing enough shots to overheat or kill a single stationary vehicle would be unreliable (but feasible with a lot of luck i suppose).

What Im saying is it should be changed so it is used as a squad power like it should be, rather than an indirect fire weapon that does a huge amount of damage to a single target.... Sound like a superweapon to you?

9. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

So that it would be another useless Squad ability?
    It is useful because It can do instakills to most things in the game. Doing some damage is not useful. It won't help that the enemy squad fighting you would loose randomly some hp if they can still spawn 8 seconds later or the lvl3 they build kills your whole squad.

I think it is a fun and useful ability and a very expensive one. I'd say give the comm a immunity against any other arty strike for a minute after the first you. You can still finish of a smoking comm, its still useful in many cases, its just not a insta gg weapon anymore.

10. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Arty strike is not a squad ability, it doesnt help the squad.
    It only helps the squad leader to do something over the top.

11. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

The whole ninja aspect of the game is retarded 1-3 people out of a team of 10-20 shouldn't be able to end the game via dicking around the entire map. Alls you end up with people who either a. ruin the game for everyone else or b. fuck their team over because they didn't do anything productive all game. TBH the whole comm vehicle can't be rebuilt shit is retarded NS had a way better system with comm chairs. The whole oh "loosing team needs a way to win" thing is crap thats a whole different issue with empires gameplay or just a result of retarded stacking which every game will suffer from.

12. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

I think we're all aware of your opinion on ninjas by now simon :) How about arty strike specifically tho?

13. OuNin

OuNin Member

Arty strike needs a wider strike range with less damage. This promotes its use against structures and farms rather than vehicles. Squad arty could possibly use some sort of loud audio cue, with some delay.

14. communism

communism poof

Yeah as long as its usefulness against buldings stays the same I will be happy. 3 strikes + a mortar

15. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Comm shouldn't have a high heat to target armor anyways..

16. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

This, not arty strikes, is the real problem. However, I think its been fixed in the latest builds.

17. communism

communism poof

Well, 2 light tanks = dead comm
    The armor should include no heat and only sticky stuns able to overheat the cv.

Ive ended games with 3 people firing RPG at the same time on comm vehicle

18. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

CV gets a bio-diesel engine by default. Fixed.

19. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

That makes stun-stickies completely useless vs the cv.

20. communism

communism poof

Exactly.
    I don't know how the armor scripts work but If possible nothing EXCEPT stuns should disable the comm vehicles. There are two totally different styles of commanding right now and each has its perk, offensive/defensive. I don't see the point of disabling offensive commanding as long as it is not too offensive and the 60 second disable has seemed to fix that problem.

I usually keep my cv around my best squads so I know I have backup when in trouble, in such I aid that squad but do tend to neglect the other squads by a 5-10 seconds wait for shit they need at the moment. As such it balances out