2.14 Testing Thread

Discussion in 'Testing Discussion' started by VulcanStorm, May 15, 2017.

1. complete_

complete_ lamer

i actually might be able to make this and play a game before i go on vacation

how long have wages had specific wage values assigned to certain actions? i dont remember that being in any changelog

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Since forever. Each individual value except assists was just set to 20.

3. complete_

complete_ lamer

i figured that but i saw that stuff like sabotage was being raised from 30 to 35 and i was wondering since when was it at 30

4. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

2.14.2 will most likely be released tomorrow(or today w/e), following are the script changes that have been added since last public test.

First, I would like to start with something that you WILL NOT notice until you look at scripts, but it's really, really important and you should know.
    We have fixed a long-existing problem (definitely had been there for at least 4~5 years, if not since 1.0) that was causing all infantry weapons to be dealing "minimal damage", instead of "initial damage".
    We have also fixed it so that "weapon falloff" works properly at close-mid range.

To maintain the current balance as much as we can, we have modified all weapon damage accordingly.
    The detailing script changes related to this are available on Empires Wiki. https://wiki.empiresmod.com/Version/2.14.x#Script_Changes

Following are other script changes that's added in 2.14.2 (for 2.14.1 changes, check the main topic)
    .50 cal deals reasonable damage now, but the reload time is a bit lasting.

Ideally, we would like one or two tanks to use .50 cal and do the anti-infantry work for his teammate, so we are giving it an extra clip for more sustainability.
    Basically, bio diesal's reverse speed would be almost the same as forward speed (90%-ish).
    Consider this a special property for bio diesal.

These values seem to be inconsistent because all other engines have at least 40 reverse speed, even standard engine.
    A leftover from 2.6.3.

We used the faulty initial damage value to decide the headshot modifier, people have managed to survive as a health upgrade rifleman.
    I am full against "unskilled one-hit-kill", but sniper headshot is not easy and it is the only pump weapon that can score controlled headshot.
    Just like mortar, if you can score a direct hit, you deserve the reward.

Another thing is that sniper is waaaay too accurate when unscoped, people usually fire an unscoped 2nd shot (there are also related exploits), so I am dropping sniper's unscoped performance.

Note : Sniper's weapon spread is hardcoded to 0 when scoped, so this will not affect scope accuracy.
    Headshot modifiers are inconsistent and don't really make sense. (Shotgun being 1.6, machine pistol being 2, pistol 1 being 1.3 and Heavy Rifle being 1.4..etc)

I have increased and decreased some of them, with the rules below:
    Heavy damage : 1.7
    Medium damage : 1.5 (only HMG uses this)
    Light damage/uncontrolled : 1.4

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  5. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I've told Security but I'm going to post it here anyway because I don't feel like he listened, or maybe he did not understand.

This change means that Medium Tanks will cool less than Light Tanks and AFVs. It needs to be fixed by, for example, increasing Heat Dissipation from 8 to 9.

Check this spreadsheet if you're confused.

6. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I said I left it there, you are the one who's confused.
    I am not going to nerf the number for LT/AFV "just because" I nerfed it for medium/heavy, it makes no sense.

In case you wonder, AFV/LT engines's cooling ability have been "around" that of medium engines and there's nothing wrong with that.

I checked your server setting, you just buffed medium tanks, I am not gonna say that's right or wrong, you just did.
    But don't call it a "fix", I do not recognize it.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  7. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Who said anything about nerfing LT/AFVs? I said increase Heat Dissipation for 3-phase for Medium tanks to 9 so they don't cool less than Light Tanks. Looks like you still don't understand what I'm trying to say...

Medium Tanks SHOULD NOT DISSIPATE LESS HEAT than Light Tanks and AFVs. When using 3-phase.

8. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

This is a principle you wish to hold.

9. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Yes, and the principle is called logic.

10. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I could also guess security is accounting for the fact that lights have a very limited weapon pool that produce tons of heat, so leaving it like that makes it nice for lights still but nerfs the heavier chassis's which can have much less heat outputting weapons, thereby making electric work the way he wants without hurting lights and making it shit to use for lights. Just a guess though.

11. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Let me confirm this, yeah.
    I wish to maintain that little reasonable difference.

Xya probably assumed that "AFV/LT engines have the same, or 1 more heat output than medium engines" is ALSO an inconsistency that generated over patches, but it's not.

I think Xya decided to buff all medium engines on his server.
    For better for worse, I am not responsible for that.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  12. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Can u delete the shit crosshair when using mg's? Its so confusing when you are in a 50cal apc

13. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I don't need to make a spreadsheet (but I will, eventually) to tell you that mediums generate more heat than LT/AFVs. If you have no weapons research you will have same weapons as LT/AFVs + 1ML. If you do have weapons, even if it's just guided/stdcn or ER/2xML you will still generate more heat.

14. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Yes and no, it depends entirely on the loadout. Using ranged and uml or bio ml for instance is lower heat. Even then though, these mediums are outputting way higher damage. That's the tradeoff, you get that extra std ml or hot weapons like homing to do more damage for less sustained firing.

All I can really say is with the way I usually loadout mediums I generally never really overheat unless I'm endlessly firing at buildings. I overheat all the time with lights though.

15. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

All 2-slot cannons generate less heat than std CN over time.
    UML & Homing ML generate more heat than stdML over time.
    Guided ML/Bio ML generate less heat than stdML over time.

If a tank is equipping CN+ML+MG, pretty much all loadouts generate more heat than stdCN+stdML. But you never fire all three of them simultaneously, so the actual heat output is less than the theoretical number.
    If a tank is equipping just two of them, a lot of loadouts actually generate less heat than stdCN+stdML.

In case you wonder, yep, I do have my own spreadsheets for weapons and armors, quite detailing actually. You can guess why I didn't want to give them to you.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  16. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

No, I can't guess what crazy logic you would use to keep them away from a community that could learn from them.