Discussion in 'General' started by DonMegel, Apr 22, 2007.

1. arklansman

arklansman Member

That's because the damage has been reset for the scout and mortar, both of which I dislike.

2. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

I got that beat, I was playing today and our base was overrun, a rifleman jumped down to kill us all and I turned, scout rifle unscoped, and fired one off. Dead as a door nail. I was pleased for the rest of the game :)

3. Silk

Silk Mapper

He wasn't ...

4. Thor

Thor Member

Currently it's the R&D settings on the server, as said before. The scout rifle(for reasons unknown) has been unnerfed by the devs and now does even more damage than it did in 1.07(to my knowledge). It now hits for 110 damage, rather than 60, and one-shots on most occasions, essentially making it a sniper rifle, with a different name.

Without ironsights, the RnD settings were very balanced and fun, but with ironsights, everything is changed. Only certain guns have ironsights, making them overpowered to some weapons and so on. SMG2 is currently insane and dominates and the Heavy Rifle for NF seems to have had its speed reduced, making it as useless as it was pre-RnD 1.071.

From What I've heard, the guns haven't really been tweaked so far, and I think we need to wait awhile longer before we make any major changes. I'm not sure if the clan is going to be making changes as we have been doing, as I've heard no word from the Devs on it, really. And until we get a server.dll, it's unlikely we will have any changes planned, other than those that obviously need changed.

Also, from my experiences and complaints I've heard:

-Heavy Rifle needs upped
    -Scout Rifle needs nerfed
    -AR's need nerfed
    -HMG needs buffed
    -Mortars/RPG's need toned down
    -SMG's need nerfed to be less effective long-range.
    -BEAR ironsights need more visibility(Currently a huge disadvantage)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  5. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

well no offence but this is all r&d settings, except the mortar and scout, which were changed back to 1.07, may it also be obvious why.

if anything ironsights are completely useless because of r&d settings.

Not saying r&d settings are bad or its anyone's fault that its screwed up, nobody could have known how it would work out with 1.08.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  6. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Yes, these are all r&d settings. I only modified the HMG to give it a little more power at the cost of stamina and rate of fire. The scout rifle damage was increased because its cycle time was cut due to the animation.

7. Thor

Thor Member

I personally think the scout rifle should be toned down to 90 damage. It sitll packs a punch but doesn't zomg own and doesn't suck either. Just a suggestion. Perhaps try and see if it's any better?

8. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

1. You can get health upgrade
    2. If you move you may die from scout rifle but you team mate will safely finish scout (his reload time is looooong).
    3. Scout rifle would be useless on longer ranges.

It could be toned down only if damage would be constant and not depend on distance.

9. Caelo

Caelo Member

I would like to see the NF mines to get a damage increase or more splash area..
    They take a lot longer to place than BE ones and are not really balanced at the moment...

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I say, if possible, make it so the scout rifle does 30 damage per shot, and it does not start to fade until a long distance.

11. KILLX

KILLX Banned

It should at least do 33.33333, it shouldn't take anymore than 3 body shots on a non-rifleman.

12. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Do the current scripts take in effect the refire bug that was fixed? If not then we should take a look and maybe increase the cycle time for some weapons.

Little info on the bug:
    Basically it limited the refire rate (time between shots) of the weapons, so a lower value was needed to achieve the actual firing speed you wanted. So that's partly why ARs, cannons, mgs etc are burning through their clips so insanely fast now.

13. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

the point of the scout rifle is to kill at range. if that means that it can't be used much on district because you can't kill people at close quaters then that must be accepted.

14. Caelo

Caelo Member

Sandbag: dead on accuracy, mega damage, very long range and 3-5 sec reload time (like NF mine)?

15. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i don't mind it firing fast (i actually prefer that) as long as it has pretty weak damage.

16. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I have no idea what you're talking about.

17. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I lol'ed.

Now, what we have is this: A fully working (nice) model with awesome bolt-action animations.

What we could do is the following:
    *Nerf it and possible remove the bolt-action animation, making it a scoped carbine.

*Do not nerf it, make it high damage (150) and very high reload time. (TBH, this brings us back to square one.)

*Nerf it to a reasonable damage (40-60) and keep reload time.

18. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

This

I'm afraid the scout rifle is useless if it can't kill with 1, or at long range (100+ meters), with 2 shots.

It shouldn't be made a carbine either, because the NF heavy rifle already fulfills that purpose.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  19. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

I think the scout rifle should just do a constant 60 damage.

20. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Nerfing the damage to 40-60 makes it totally useless. Okay, so say you could hit somebody with every single shot you fired. That would still take 2-3 shots to kill. With the current cycle time, that's a fair few seconds. With the accuracy of the other weapons as it is currently, anyone could have blown that scout away by that time. I have been a scout, fired at a rifleman on glycencity from a long range, hit, and the rifleman has spun and sprayed before I can line up a second shot. *putt* *putt* *putt*, and I'm dead. The other rifles should not be able to kill this quickly at this range, and that's a matter of accuracy.

I do not have any problem with the rifle taking 2 shots to kill, or one headshot, but the other weapons should not be anywhere near as effective at the same range (possibly with the exception of pistols, which should have much lower damage than the scout rifle anyway).