2.26 released

Discussion in 'News' started by MOOtant, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Dr. Baron von Evil-Satan

Dr. Baron von Evil-Satan Member

Haven't been able to find anymore bugs since the scout hide one, and overall I certainly like this patch. I think that the reload times for vehicle magazines are going to have to be tweaked in order to keep vehicle combat somewhat balanced. As it stands, NF has an incredible advantage when it comes to missile-spamming down buildings. Before you could do it while stationary and at-range with an ammo box, now you can do it while mobile and as a gren with increased armor. I understand that BE can do this as well, but cannons have recoil and (typically) have more heat output.

Secondly, on the issue of "targets," I say that IF the devs want to keep the current system in place, the 5000 unit range needs to be discriminatory. For example, maybe within 5k of a scout, but 3-4k for other inf, and only 1-2k for built buildings. It's true that ninja-raxes and unseen rushes are a thing of the past for anyone staring at their minimap. Another idea would be to make cameras/radars have an increased range, or make them more available, ie commander-dropped cameras (I've seen this suggested as "listening posts," and if the only problem for that is getting models, let me know). I realize that cameras ARE more available now that engies get their 4th skill faster, but I think this issue isn't just a late-game one. Also, currently enhanced senses for scouts has been rendered useless, and when the hide bug is fixed, will only have ONE use; finding hidden scouts.

On a personal note, can some people get in contact with me about the Lua updates? I'd love to try my hand at scripting a bit but I haven't been able to verify exactly what's supported.

2. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

As far as the 5k unit range, that's quite a large radius. 2000 units is a good range. that means that if someone is at a distance where you can see them regardless of how they are approaching you, you'll have seen them anyways if you looked. At 5000, they are still 2 pixels big.

Even reducing the range to 1500 wouldn't be too bad.

would like to see a return of 3rd person view on medium tanks. Being able to see the chassis is a huge help when it comes to driving it properly :)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  3. Guns and Wham-O

Guns and Wham-O Banned

It's clearly a solution in search of a problem.