2.26 released

Discussion in 'News' started by MOOtant, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Comand'zorz' Asz

Comand'zorz' Asz Member

Yeah, at the moment initialization research is entirely pointless.

Well actually, its the equivalent to increasing the build time of your first radar except 2 engies aren't faster than none...

2. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

So played some games and wages didn't hurt the resource flow that much. But we will see.

But what about that you see people always at the minimap. How does it work? Must you be near an enemy building or enemy to be visible?
    Beside of this it absolutely disables any kind of flanking. Was this the intention of this change?
    And was is the function of the "Attack" button in commander view?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  3. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

If enemy fully built building or player is within 5000 units of you/building/vehicle you are visible on enemy minimap. Radar stealth and hiding scouts are exception to this rule but hide is bugged at the moment.

Intention was to give both teams equivalent of commander spamming targets all the time but on minimap only.

Initialization is leftover from testing. It'll be removed.

4. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Infinite reloads. Not endless clips.

5. Felcis

Felcis Member

This is something I agree with, because I always saw it as annoying busywork for the commander who could use that time for more interesting tasks and an unfair advantage in infantery-combat (maphax). But this solution is even worse imo, as it renders basically all tactics, ambushes and flanking-manoeuvres useless (at least from what I have experienced so far).
    To be honest, I really donĀ“t see why any of this is necessary at all. Single- and Squad-targets, cameras/radars and Enhanced Senses should be sufficient for that role and the rest should be up to team-communication and the players wits and instincts.

But I do like the wages and the tweaks done to the armors and weapons so far. :)

6. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I would rather have them get pinged on the mini map with dots that only show where they were at that ping that fade out quickly(1 second?) and get pinged again 4-7 seconds later. The pinging should only happen if they are within sight range of players or a radar/camera.

7. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

so like a sonar radar?

I just played a couple rounds, was quite fun, especially the wages that add in a new dimension to gameplay. The particles are also pretty sexy. I like it but the current detection thing has to change.

8. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

I still can't play. I've dled the patch, trying to play on viper, and it still comes up error missing something csmgame or sdk game blah blah and then it boots me out :( :confused: tf?

9. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

IMO the best solution for targets is that only enemies within SIGHT of a player on your team are shown on the minimap.

10. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Ok. 5000 units is the length of 5 barracks. While camera range is only about 2 barracks. Maybe you want to switch the values?
    For me personally camera targets would be enough.
    And for conquest maps it should be completely disabled, because there were never commander targets.

11. lgriffin -MEG-

lgriffin -MEG- Member

The error OnGameRulesCreationStringChanged: missing gamerules class 'CEmpGameRules' on the Client? I get that one.

12. Comand'zorz' Asz

Comand'zorz' Asz Member

That's still infinite ammo. That still means you can go behind enemy lines, take on many enemies, all whilst Spamming and squandering your ammunition with your poor aim ( I realize heat punishes this short term), and never have to return to friendly territory to re-arm, or work with an engineer team mate, etc.
    We'll see how it plays, but I fear the difference is subtle, hard to notice but still important.
    Nonetheless, many will probably call it retarded without thinking about it anyway, and it will be removed. :)

In empiresmod.com tradition.
    "This. "

Or another solution: Only add the icons to the Commander's minimap, which he translates to an 'attack this location' command or a verbal alert. Not the best but shouldn't be hard to do, depending on Source.

Another: Replace the Arrow icon with a larger, less definitely placed, icon that indicates 'infantryman/men in this location'. This sounds worse and like something the game engine wouldn't easily do, there it is anyway.

The game plays quite well but it still needs work. Nice job.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  13. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I am getting 9fps every map now instead of just the ones with rain and snow. I dunno if its the particles or what but I didn't have this issue with 2.25

14. OuNin

OuNin Member

friendly player collisions still result in rubberbanding when players are crouched or prone.

just remove that shit altogether.

15. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

havn't been able to play all day...le sigh

"Missing game rules" ....

16. Kane

Kane Member

Means your client.dll is wrong.

17. complete_

complete_ lamer

means devs dont care about players with older computers. 3 days and still no sse1 patch?

18. OMEN

OMEN Member

all in all i am sincerely thankful to empires devs for continuing development.
    sure this release has some bugs - but none the less, this is a great game.
    THANK YOU DEVS - (even you mootant, you angry bastard)

19. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

I agree, ancient computers aren't my biggest problem.

20. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

Would the old sse patch work?

Oh well guess I'll have to go play Age of Chivalry, hope 1 out of 4 regularly full servers has a spot open

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010