The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paradox, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I'm pretty sure I openly brought it up on my own. Also, I don't think it was THAT big of a mistake, his reasoning was... OK but again it could have been done a lot better.

I think it was small. And of course you think it's big because you hate everything he does.

2. complete_

complete_ lamer

when he fucks up the wording in his order so bad that hundreds of people with green cards and valid visas are held for over 24 hours and released seemingly at whim, after mass protests, thats a big mistake

only a big mistake when it affects the majority?

e: when the canadian parliament is having an emergency debate right now until midnight based on something that happened south of the border, its a big mistake.

3. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

What would you classify as big? And what as small? Cause when people internationally with numbers in tens of thousands get dicked over thats big.

Is it big when people die? Whats your line for beg I really wonder

4. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

upload_2017-2-1_6-27-27.png

upload_2017-2-1_6-28-9.png

Calling out a racist fascist for their racism and fascism is not bigotry or prejudice, let alone fascism itself.

If I were to say you're not allowed to sympathize with Trump's Nazi policies then that would be totalitarianism. Though if (when) these policies turn to direct harm rather than indirect, the course of action will be fairly clear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Space_Oddity

Thumbs-up becomes new Nazi salute

[​IMG]

The thumbs-up has started to replace the Nazi salute as the preferred hand gesture of far-right nationalists.

Experts in this sort of thing predict that an increase in the far-right’s thumbs-up usage could lead to the traditional Nazi salute completely disappearing by 2020.

Vladimir Putin, Marine Le Pen, Heinz-Christian Strache and Matteo Salvini are among a number of prominent far-right figures to have adopted the gesture,” explained body linguist Simon Williams.

“Donald Trump’s hands are in the thumbs-up position so often that he’s starting to resemble a fascist Fonz.”

On the rare occasions that he’s not holding pints and fags, Non-MP Nigel Farage is also an enthusiastic thumbs-upper.

“I’m not sure the thumbs-up will catch on with Ukip voters,” he admitted.

“To be honest, most of them can’t even get their knuckles off the floor.”

6. Space_Oddity

Legally I can kill him, Queen confirms
    31-01-17

THE QUEEN has confirmed that if President Trump makes a state visit, she can kill him with a sword and nobody can touch her.

Palace staff have assured the Queen that, according to English law, Trump is a subject of the Crown and can, if judged to be damaging the monarchy, be dispatched without repercussion.

She said: “I haven’t made up my mind yet. I might.

“It’s been an awful lot of years hefting the old sword without using it, and who better to christen it on? Just imagine the look on his satsuma face.

“And the colonies would be so grateful they’d have me straight back as their reigning monarch, which solves this Brexit thing literally at a stroke.

“I should do one useful thing before I abdicate, really. And imagine how furious it’d make the May woman.”

Her Majesty added: “I genuinely can’t think of a reason not to. Anyone?”

7. Space_Oddity

8. Space_Oddity

(With the plugins I use and the ones installed by work, the 'edit' button don't work. Bring back vbulletin.)

9. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

satire becomes harder and harder to distinquish these days.

10. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

That would actually be hilarious. Trump visits UK, gets beheaded by the Queen.

11. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

[​IMG]

Also, nice out of context quote you have as your signature. Really shows your maturity because, despite what you think, I am not a nazi.

12. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

[​IMG]

This one is fucking hilarious. A thumbs up is now nazi? PLEASE be satire because otherwise, at this point, Trump being human makes him a nazi so therefore you shouldn't be a human either.

Edit: Where did you even find that "story"? The Onion? Or one of those other hilarious fake news sites?

13. flasche

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  14. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Fuck sake, calm down everyone.

All you guys on the right need to see it for what it is, Trump is very much a racist.
    All you guys on the left need to understand that being racist isn't always the same as being wrong.

15. flasche

u wot?

16. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

That is to say, just because you may hold an opinion bourne out of ignorance, doesn't mean that it is false.

17. flasche

but the whole concept of races - even if still common in peoples mind - is flawed to begin with and stereotyping certainly is no measure to comprehend people either.

i would agree when you said, "not everything coming from the right is fundamentally wrong, even if their premises are", but thats not what i read into it (but it might just be the language barrier)

(i struggle to express it better. maybe ill edit the above once i figure how to say it in both english and understandable.)

18. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Europe's Open Border Policies are the reason for the USA temporary pause on immigration so we can vet them better and keep Americans safe. Offense is better than defense. We learned from Europe's mistake.

Europe's Open Borders Are Crumbling

As the EU struggles to handle its refugee crisis, passport-free travel across the region is under threat.

To say that the European Union’s open border policies are embattled is an understatement. Increasingly, it looks like they could be on the way out for good.

Belgium announced that it had reintroduced border controls on its frontier with France. Over in Denmark, the government agreed to extend its policy of passport checks on the German border for the third time, while Sweden has kept similar checks for travelers arriving from Denmark. Austria has already built a wall at its busiest frontier crossing with Slovenia, and last Friday it introduced a cap of 80 asylum applications per day, after which its border would be closed to further applicants.

Merkel's Humane Refugee Policies Have Failed
    Angela Merkel opened Germany's borders to hundreds of thousands of refugees, mostly from Syria. Her calculation that the rest of Europe would support her backfired. She now finds herself isolated at home and abroad as conditions worsen for asylum-seekers.

'Merkel's open-border policies are destroying Europe'

Belgium must accept failure of its open-border policies.

A massive, migrant crime wave is surging across Germany according to figures buried in a new report released by the country’s Interior Ministry. The data reveals that without migrants considered, crime rates in Germany would have remained roughly static since 2014. But, in fact, the country recorded an extra 402,741 crimes committed by migrants.

Refugee crisis ‘decisive’ for Brexit

European Union’s Open Borders Are A ‘Gift for Organised Criminals’

Austria lays groundwork for Hungarian border fence
    Austria has begun laying a base on which a fence could quickly be erected along a 1.8 kilometre (1.2 mile) stretch of its border with Hungary, next to the crossing that hundreds of thousands of migrants used during a wave of arrivals a year ago.

Rising populist leaders praised Trump as a model for what Europe should be doing.

Dutch populist Geert Wilders said in a tweet: “Well done @POTUS it’s the only way to stay safe + free. I would do the same. Hope you’ll add more Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia soon.”

Wilders, whose Party for Freedom is polling strongly before the country’s March 15 election, later tweeted: “No more immigration from any Islamic country is exactly what we need. Also in The Netherlands. For Islam and freedom are incompatible.”

Wilders also noted what he called the “#hypocrisy” of leftist critics of the ban, noting that in 16 Muslim-dominated countries, a person may not enter the country on an Israeli passport and yet no one on the Left protested.

The president of Italy’s Lombardy Region, Roberto Maroni, simply tweeted a photo of the news of the ban in the Italian press, along with his summation of the situation: “Super Trump,” while calling the U.S. President “Numero Uno” (Number One) in a separate tweet on the same topic.

19. flasche

ok - and?

aside of a copypasted mixture of facts, opinions and quotes of wilders, whats your point? where is YOUR opinion. criticise something, we sure can go on and ramble about fascist tendencies in europe aswell. because you know, there are. but one wrongdoing doesnt outweight the other.

btw populist is a nice euphemism for guys like wilders, demagogue would be the better word.

the info about the border fence to hungary is outdated by almost a year. we didnt build it, there is one to the border of slovenia tho. also we take about 37000 asylum seekers per year, how many did you take?

and even tho the right is repeatably claiming crime rates didnt went through the roof, especially not violent crimes (while it certainly happens, no denial). the main increase is in theft and fake documents, but if you take into account the milieu its doesnt differ much from the rest of the population, its just most austrians dont live in poverty (absolute vs relative numbers).

20. vipervicki

vipervicki Member