Would you rather live in the U.S. than in your East & West European shithole?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by McGyver, Apr 27, 2015.

?

Want to live in the US?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2016.
  1. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HInhFJ9.jpg[/IMG]YES

10.0%
  2. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vIqoX3L.jpg[/IMG]YES

15.0%
  3. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vJQGhHv.jpg[/IMG]YES

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/V8dfWix.jpg[/IMG]NOPE

75.0%
  1. Metruption

Metruption Member

brb moving to europe so i can get into the dentures business

2. Deiform

Deiform Member

Ahem, sorry to call you out on your shit again, but it is the only post in this whole thread that I have a problem with.

Germany does not censor, it just has strict copyright laws that are heavily enforced on Youtube. Age of consent and legal age to drink is lower in Germany too than America, so not sure what you're talking about with the maturity laws.

Do you know why people lose their shit when people mention Nazis specifically in a German discussion? Because it's tiring and petty. Also it's mostly ironic since it tends to be Americans that play the Nazi card when their society is far more right wing than any European country.

Compared to Europe, America is fucking frightening. It's full of unpredictable people that may or may not be carrying weapons legally, with vast areas of land totally unclaimed, where a significant part of the country is anti-vax, anti-science, anti-free healthcare, pro gun, pro violence, anti-anything except white christian. Who the fuck in their right mind would want to live there?

3. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

The people who realize that the United States isn't a singularly homogeneous country and that there are significant areas of the country where your characterization is blatantly false? The US is more diverse than an amalgamation of SoCal, Texas and Georgia.

And Germany does have much stricter censorship than the United States, though you're right on drinking and age of consent.

When you get down to it, most countries are shitholes in some way. Only difference is the shit people are willing to put up with.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  4. Deiform

Deiform Member

I dunno. Norway and Sweden are pretty great. Free healthcare, loveable Royal Family that no-one really cares about (for Sweden), low crime, good schools, good infrastructure, cultured cities, beautiful scenery, cheap fast internet, superior gender equality laws, nice people. Nearly every person will speak two languages (one English) even though it's not their native one. The only thing you would have to put up with is the snow.

And it may well be that i'm generalising too much about the culture of America, but you have to understand that any sort of truth to those characterisations, no matter how small, is ridiculously absurd to any Euro. Here there is literally no gun crime outside of farmers that shoot game. Everyone gets healthcare that doesn't cost anything except some tax on income. Everyone has faster internet than America. Most countries in Europe also are passing big gender equality laws too. We are years ahead of America in nearly every aspect.

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I used to think about living in America. Not as a conscious decision, I just could see myself ending up there. That and probably films always make it look so bright :p

But then I wasn't really thinking about whether people would shoot me or not.

6. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

You just summarized all your posts in the past 2 years in one sentence.

Also German censorship is the funniest thing to me.

[youtube]NRMqonctTtQ[/youtube]

[youtube]Ocu8JqD7EEk[/youtube]

[youtube]vkUuABNnTC0[/youtube]

You're not black, you will be fine.
    It's not the country that has a problem with you its our private military police force that racially profiles anyone who doesn't have a blue collar, or white job.

The united states education system is broken, and so is it's healthcare.
    Our gun control and corruption is a symptom of poverty and poor education.
    We fix education, healthcare will work itself out because more educated people will hold prominent positions.

The bush admin fucked up education on its way out, and his father is the one that stomped out free education in the first place.
    And it may take years to fix this because our baseline was not educated enough to want something better, we taught how to make money, follow directions, and stomp out the competition.

People like me who deviated from such things are thrown into these special classes that were made for the people who have learning problems, aka bullshit. Its a program to stuff all the people with shitty attendance and attitude problems in one room, so gang members, drug addics, or kids with something better to do.

We had to learn at a slower pace and loose out on potential events that would broaden our views, and lost the opportunity to be treated like actual people instead of retarded kids.
    The only thing that was missing from my primary education days was the orange jump suit with my student ID# on the back of it.

Ever since I got into college, ive been treated like an adult and never had so much respect and responsibility thrown at me in my life.
    And it pisses me off that I had to take out a loan to receive a proper education, it pisses me off so much I had to spend money to get the slightest bit of common curtsey and respect.

I did not know critical thinking classes were even a thing.

7. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Have we come to the point where 9gag jokes are taken as scientific fact?

And what's the issue about vast areas of land? Like that is probably the best thing about any country is that it has vast areas of land and not completely filled with dirty urban centres.

What about the balkans, that place really is fucking shit, every couple of years nationalist start killing each other in the name of nation or religion. I would much rather live in Compton than in Eastern Europe.

8. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

[​IMG]

[YOUTUBE]kohsgr4kLdM[/YOUTUBE]

NOOB

9. complete_

complete_ lamer

just dont be black in germany

also you guys are so wrong when you say a country of 300 million people in a country of nearly 10 million km is vastly different in each part of the country due to social and economic statuses in those respective regions. what a wrong thought

10. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

A bunch of yuropoors complaining using generalizations that foreigners are prejudiced and shitty while they don't want to leave their own country and oversee the shit they deal with everyday.

Maybe things will be different when muslims and black people take over your welcoming state.

11. Deiform

Deiform Member

Well this is surprising. All the Euros agree with each other and all the Americans agree with each other. At least we're all happy where we are.

12. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

first and foremost its south and not eastern europe.

second they make awesome music, third they didnt forget how to have fun and 4th my gf is of croatian origin
    [youtube]jtgA0jvhp2A[/youtube]

13. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

As long as I wear a laptop bag and not a rucksack :p

Tbh, one of the biggest issues I have with America is the insularity, and just how disconnected it often is from what's really going on in the world. A lot of that is reinforced by pretty low wages and salaries too, so people can't really afford to actually move about or take vacations abroad a lot of the time. Which kinda sucks.

Also the news, man, it's just scary over there. No wonder everyone's scared.

14. flasche

theres a lot of scary shit in europe aswell. also the differences are more historical then anything, its mainly propaganda. i assure you, the brown stuff comes out the same hole no matter what country ;)

15. Deiform

Deiform Member

Yeah, like asbestos (the scary stuff in europe).

16. Posthumous

Posthumous Member

I'm sad that Moojuice threw Detroit under a bus, I live here and only if you go to the bad part of town will you get murdered, and the police here really aren't Racist just everyone in Pontiac is selling heroin, everyone, so they just beat the shit out of everyone. It's a fantastic solution, because it means there's no police on 696 on my way to work at 40 miles over the speed limit, oh thats another thing. The Only thing Europe has 100% over the US is better drivers and well Cheese, Cheese in the states sucks.

P.S. Dief, I have Asbestos water pipes, they're amazing as long as I don't have to change them, when that day comes if it's not my bathroom, fuck it.

17. Deiform

Deiform Member

Isn't that the same with any American city though? Every time I needed to look up something on WikiTravel in America it always states, "STAY IN DOWNTOWN AND DON'T GO TO THE INNER CITY!"

I remember it did the same in Toronto when I went there, and probably says the same for London. The place I felt safest over the Atlantic was Montreal.

18. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Oh yeah, definitely. There's a trend here towards newspapers only having bad things in them, pretty much.

The funny thing is they chase headlines, but by casting societies as being so scary they actively make society worse. Which benefits no one. I wish news would just go back to being news, rather than ratings.

19. flasche

i wouldnt say that - theres a few making a fortune out of this :p

20. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I always though that 'downtown' is a (pretty weird) phrase used to reffer to ~centre of town.
    What do the media in uk even show anyway?