gitgudscrubs (AKA Dark Souls) 420noshield MLG only

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sitka, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Sitka

Sitka Member

you wat.

Anyway, finding him is pretty logical actually.
    Where's the one place in Sen's where you first need to be really fast? There you'll find him.

Stick to the left side of narrow hallways and your sword will usually hit the wall. Or just use stabs (available for both uchi and side sword but not Iaito i believe).

Also, I've got some characters at various levels so i can pretty much be summoned at any point. So if anyone wants to engage in jolly cooperation, just say so.

Which reminds me, we should organize a Dark Souls coop event sometime. That'd be fun.

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Anal probing barbarians is safe, their attacks are slow and their roar is like na invitation.

As far as the strikes go, my problem here is not hitting the wall, but being unable to have more than one weapon readied to switch between close and open areas. I still think that stuff you dont actually have out should not count towards the burden. I was super pumped about ds2 having 3 slots for each hand for added fun, but then i realised it meant fat rolls everywhere.

Huh i though i exlored that hall. Or do you mean the very first contact withthe boulder where it squishes a snakeman.

Also, fun facts about female snakemen. I was so utterly bored that I decided to play around with the one down from crestfalledn merchant. Aside from rolling to my demise once (i had a good laugh) I found they actually had some weird moves. Their triple slash deals massive bleed for whatever reason. They also have a grab that is really hard to notice the first time around.

3. Sitka

Sitka Member

Yep, that one.
    Apparently he couldn't make it up there in time so he's just sitting on a ledge down there contemplating life with some snakemen.

Remember to mess with the boulder lever. I don't remember if his storyline will continue or not if you don't. It probably will though since it changes automatically before you make it all the way up.

Why would you want a close-range offhand unless you're using something like the great scythe? Also, there are some pretty light swords that are good for just that, although some not as good as others.
    Pyromancy is pretty nice for off-handing and weighs nothing.

4. Z100000M

Yea, I dont get why everyone and their mother thinks pyro is so great. Sure, lobbing a fireball into a group on incoming enemies is nice, but aside from that that I found little use for anything offensive. Firestorm and whip are especially guilty. 80 uses my ass. Great soul arrow on the other hand kicks all sorts of ass if you feel like being cheap.

On the topic of sorcery, I dislike how they made the catalysts. I used the plain simple one for 90% of the game. Seriously, everything else is either heavy for no reason, weaker (or funnily enough, both) or has some other hijinks. Oolacile one was handy for using magic weps while still having an offensive catalyst ready.
    Also, fuck the magic shields. Long casting time, you need a catalyst in your weapon hand it it lasts a whooping 15 seconds, while still having few castings.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  5. Sitka

Sitka Member

Combustion and fire-surge.
    Fireballs for bigger things.

Was a bit disappointed at the surge drain too but meh. There are loads of tricks to pyromancy.

edit: meant whip drain

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  6. Z100000M

Surge seems meh on damage, and it makes it lag like a motherfucker.

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I Fucking Hate This Horrible Port

8. Z100000M

What is dsfix.

9. Sitka

Sitka Member

Yeah i forgot i even had that so i didn't put it in in the main post.
    Will do that now.

Inverted mouse acceleration is the construct of wheel skeletons. It must be.

10. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

When I started playing Dark Souls, I looked at it and thought, "This is hard, but it could be harder." So I did exactly that. Fist weapons only, no shield, rolling everywhere. Going against Ornstein and Smough soon enough.

11. Z100000M

Yeah well have fun at Ariamis, with people that explode with toxic when not killed with fire.

12. Sitka

Sitka Member

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind.

Not even gonna post spoilers, you have to see this stuff of nightmares for yourself before you will believe it, Candles.

Post a video of you going full no-shield there when you get to it.
    Do it.

13. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Nigga' I already went there, and left there. I learned that the secret to this game is to simply run past anything you can run past. So I ran the fuck past everything, looted almost everything, and then ran out of there.

If I need fire, I can always just go for the grind and make a fire caestus.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  14. Z100000M

Actually, what i found out is that this place is bs for coop. Due to lag, i still get toxic even though i killed then using combustion. I died like 3 times yesterday because of that.

15. Z100000M

Actually, what i found out is that this place is bs for coop. Due to lag, i still get toxic even though i killed then using combustion. I died like 3 times yesterday because of that. Anyone that played coop knows that you dont get shit unlees you kill the boss. Which is why i lure everyone to the jeremiah. 30k souls for one one stab? Im floating at like 20 humanity and 600k souls from coop. Too bad there is this fucking archer setup in anal rondo, meaning i will loose that shit before using it.

16. Sitka

Sitka Member

wat.

Also there is a bonfire before the archers.
    Two, actually.

What's the point in doing this whole "skillful fist weapons only" if you're going to run past everything anyway?

Also why would you make anything fire over chaos ever?

17. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

A link to dsfix would be nice too, but I'll find it myself anyway - thanks.

EDIT: Here.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  18. Z100000M

you mean the gwyndolin one?
    Yea that 10 second save really matters when my souls are on a ledge.

19. Sitka

Sitka Member

Why don't you use them? What's the point in saving them?
    There's not much super-expensive to buy after Sen's that you can't buy earlier, either.

20. Z100000M

Yea, I meant humanity not souls.

Funnily enough i did that on my first try.
    And killed ornestein variation on second try. Lel.