Is CPatton a bad leader/player?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WalMartGreeter, May 21, 2012.

?

Is CPatton the worst leader/player in Empires?

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Haha, lamer. I got multiple triple/ultra kills on that game. Funny, cuz that's the game that cpatton claimed to "wipe" an entire team by himself.

Trickster: to be honest, everyone was like that when you first started playing dota/hon/lol (or the billion other varieties in WC3). There is a large learning curve in the game, though it is easier if you play with friends and do what you are told (e.g. play support & conservative, watch how you control lanes and gank, get suggested items and see what other people get, ASK QUESTIONS, etc.). If you are a stubborn person, it is very difficult to get past that barrier. CPatton needs to stop looking at "pro" dota videos and use realistic strategies that actually work in 99.9% of public games.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Afaik Cpatton had been playing ages by that point, at least 2 years.

3. Reznov

Reznov Member

All I hear when Dawgas talks is "plas-plas-ma-plas-plasplas-plapla-"

Me: "F-S-SPACE QUICK!!!11!1!1!"

4. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

pro dota games are really good to learn how to deal with certain situations such as a hard lane.

Patton just makes bad decisions.

5. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Lol Walmart, I don't know which mid encounter you are talking about then. I remember at least two, one where their team was wiped out, one where I dove for a kill, got it, but didn't make it out (and if it's this one I probably didn't make it out because you and another guy didn't go in on the 1/3 health enemy and kill him fast).

But whatever, when I play with aggressive people, I win easy. When I play with you cautious people (which apparently are mostly contained in empires players, because random 5s are usually much better lol) then obv. aggression fails. Also Hamster, this isn't HoN, no MMR dumbass.

6. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

That's fine. If it works with a random group of five, that means your are still being paired with/against newbs like yourself that don't know how to work together against basic aggressive tactics. But when you play with Empires players with higher ratings, we get matched with people that actually know how to handle your silly tactics (e.g. carry teleports, bait aggressive gankers like yourself, hero coordination, smoke ganks).

As I originally said, once you get to my level, you can play with the big boys. Until then, you can keep using what works best against low-rating newbs at your level. If you are lucky enough to get a string of wins, and you realize in your next game that your strategy doesn't work anymore, you are approaching my level.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  7. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Lol, because you assume that a) your strategy is better and b) that 1 loss after a string of wins (a statistically greater likelyhood with every win) requires a need for change of strategy. You don't understand anything about how ratings truly work. Also I love how you don't deny that the reason I died that one time after getting a kill was because you turned away extremely early. Fail change of subject bro.

8. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Pics and replays or it didn't happen

9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

You guys make it sound like Cpatton is Leeroy Jenkins... ^ ^

10. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

Leeroy Jenkins changed nick to cpatton because nobody wanted to play with him anymore.

11. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

a) my strategies are better
    b) no one said that a lose means a change of strategy (though one should reflect on what went wrong). I was referring to a strategy itself not having anymore value.

It is not a change of subject if I never accepted it, fool. There are plenty of replays and scoreboards provided by DotA2 illustrating your failure. I don't get into "his word vs my word" arguments when someone like lamer can easily get a screenshot of any of the games and show how much you fail.

GOML, bro.

12. Fricken Hamster

A quick google search will prove that there is indeed hidden mmr that you used to be able to see with console

13. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Plus DotA2 has admitted to a hidden rating system. Though cpatton are a newb so I didn't expect him to know this.

14. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

hidden rating system? link?

15. Fricken Hamster

http://www.dota2pro.com/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=1017
    This method is now disabled.

In an interview, gabe said confirmed there is indeed a rank system and that singsing is the highest ranked player currently in dota 2.

16. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

17. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

<walmart implying he plays on the level of SingSing>

I lol'd

18. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Compared to you, I won the International already, by myself.

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  19. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Uhuh. If you could win a 1v1 game vs. me, that would be a start. Too bad you can't :P

20. Fricken Hamster

In HoN I was at a mmr in which I have been paired with pro gamers.