Removed NF Wall barbed wire

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by OuNin, Jun 11, 2009.

1. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

modified particles will only help if you don't notice the stock tracers.

2. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Trickster, if these really made the game more enjoyable, don't you think they should be put in the official version so everyone can have them, play fair, and have more fun? It's not cheating or unfair if everyone has them.

3. recon

recon SM Support Dev

If they stay longer, yes, it matters, and a laser beam is ever so slightly easier to follow.

4. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

well in that case, it could be argued that any particles/tracers/sounds w/e other than stock could give a slight advantage

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

It's totally not as if I've been trying to get that done for the past 2 years or anything.

6. Empty

Empty Member

Replacing your sounds with humorous or cooler sounds is a mod.
    Removing segments of models to give yourself an advantage in a fight is cheating.

Is it that blurry for you guys, are you that retarded.

7. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

If one team already has an unfair advantage, then the game itself is cheating? you fucking retard.

8. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

im glad that Empty is so anti-cheating =p appears we may share a common value. i think we should keep the models the way they are just to annoy the cheaters.

"If one team already has an unfair advantage, then the game itself is cheating? you fucking retard." Metal Smith
    well like i said before, NF has barb wires on its walls that does nothing, roll bars on jeep that does nothing, barracks that is so tall its just telling the enemy to fuck it up, and etc. BE has a blast shield that blocks a big part of ur vision, AFV that are coffins with wheels, and etc. both sides has stuff that annoys you.. i guess thats why its balanced. the problem arises when one side has more annoying things than the other side.

9. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

That's not asymetrical balance. BE also has top hatches on their apcs for easy nade spam on the move. That's a MAJOR advantage over NF. BE doesn't need light tanks, they just roll APC's.

the tank combat itself mostly depends upon the drivers. As tanks don't traverse the Y plane of the battle field, height isn't as much of a factor on tanks as you make it out to be. It's piss easy to aim for the right height. It's not so much to aim for the right place.

I'm not saying that there is no advantage for the light tanks, but they also have less armor. They have been made to balance by giving them some disadvantages to make up for their major advantages. Not so the case with NF racks as you mentioned. The blast shield on the mortar is just a minor annoyance. You only need to have the damned thing up when you are aiming at something, at which point you should already have that object centered on the screen. Why would a retard run around with a one shot 3 second reload weapon that is piss easy to dodge when they can run around with a pistol that could more efficiently kill someone at the range their primary is effective at?

I'm sorry, but the only reason that these changes were probably never made is that they have already been made by the community and the devs can't be bothered to take the time to change them at the moment.

So, that being said, Empty, get the fuck over yourself and answer a serious response with something other than a "you fucking retard". I'm not a fucking retard, nor did I post like one. I had a serious and legitimate issue with what you said. Grow the fuck up.

Alucard, you just need to shut it. And thank you for reminding me why I added you to my ignore list so long ago.

10. Empty

Empty Member

That's called a balance issue metal smith. This is an asymmetrically balanced game, it will always have balance issues, you will never remove them, it's not up to you to decide what is and what isn't fair, what is in the client installer is the standard and you have to stick with it, if you want an even match, join a fucking clan, play a match on a map, then switch teams and play again.

11. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Just to point out the barbed wire on the NF walls is probably the least efficient part of the model.

It probably uses more polies than the rest of the wall combined.

The TEAM has the advantage.

If you decide to give yourself an advantage over the rest of your TEAM then it's cheating.

If the game is simply badly balanced, it's badly balanced, but you cheating does not make the game more balanced, it simply moves it around a bit.

12. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

lol why would i want to contact or friend you metal smith? u think of yourself too highly. i have no reason to friend you or want to contact you. but i like how u put me on your ignore list, i feel special in a sense that i made you think of me when you put me on that list. but i dont think your special enough to go on my ignore list.

13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

its not cheating if it's in the game, it would be known as an exploit, or a bug. Cheating is when you modify your game, so even if the rollbar is considered a bug, if you take it off you are cheating.

14. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

both sides have disadvantages and advantages. overall, it seems as nf has an overall disadvantage to be, however.

infantry weapons:
    be p2>nfshotty (in most cases)
    berpg<nfrpg
    behr>nfhr
    nfar=bear (it's actually pretty even if you use both for a while)
    bewalls<nfwalls (you can shoot over nf walls, but not over be walls)

tank combat:
    beafv=nflt (lts have a nasty tendency to damage themselves if they get right up next to another vehicle, making their ability to exploit blindspots retarded because they end up hurting themselves as well.)
    beapc>nfapc
    bejeep<nf jeep
    bemed>nfmed (nf meds can't fucking powerslide unless you pseudo glitch them)
    beheavy>nfheavy (same as above)
    becv>nfcv (nfcv fat, easy to get stuck, and easy to turret)

buildings:
    bevf<nfvf (numerous scout sploit spots on be vf)
    berax>nfrax (this shouldn't need an explanation)

15. Trickster

You have the roles of the weapons totally mixed up there. That's why I've moved the positions in the next version. But, it's NFAR vs BEHR, BEAR vs NFHR.

16. Trickster

I'm sorry, but nearly all custom sounds give you an advantage. The advantage I got from things such as the party bus APC was huge, I could tell a mile off when I was going to be run over. To say that sounds don't give you an advantage for the sake of the one thing you mod is ridiculous. Sounds help, whether you like it or not.

You, are a complete and utter fuckwit, and I really, honestly, suggest you hang yourself, because you are so fucking retarded that it makes me a genuinely sad person, to know that there are people as dumb as you, who are (arguably) the same species as me. I hope you never contaminate the gene pool further by producing offspring.

The fact that you are calling "annoyances" balance, and that you want to keep them in for the sake of annoying people is so utterly retarded, I can't even begin to go into it. Asymmetrical balance is one thing, but annoying shit is not the way to balance it. Look at games which have that type of balance. Do they balance it asymmetrically by removing features for one side, making it harder to see and less fun to play on the other? No. The Missile/Cannon balance in Empires, is asymmetrical balance. The rollbars, RPG shield and lack of hatch in the NF CV isn't balance, it's just fucking annoying. Yes, it's stock. Yes, it gives you an advantage to replace it. But that does not, in any way mean it should stay in as stock. It does not mean we should continue to have these annoying, pointless additions to the game which don't serve any purpose other than to piss people off.

This shit needs to be changed. If people want to run custom shit in a pub setting, I honestly couldn't give a shit. Public matches don't count for anything, there's nothing at stake, a few people having an advantage doesn't cause any problems. The best thing they can do (which, back when I used custom shit, I did frequently) is to GIVE OUT the custom content as much as possible. To show people how to make the game more playable. And to say no to properly hacked up shit like cameras/mines you can see through buildings/walls/terrain. Those in clan matches? Well, you can run your custom shit as much as you want, but clan matches count for more, and that is why there is sv_pure, which, on steam release, will be enforced in all scrims. This is the only time people really have to be on an even footing, because it's the only time that it matters. It's the only time when something is at stake.

It's that fucking simple, and if you can't comprehend that, then you seriously need to get your priorities straight. You play Empires for fun, not because you want a 100% fair playing field. At the end of the day, this shit is just another factor. The custom shit you use. Your ping. Your FPS. Your graphical settings. Your keyboard. Your mouse. How your sugar levels are, how you're feeling, etc etc. The game is about fun, not fair.

17. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

whoa lights are way better tahn afvs, afvs you can't aim low enough and with lights you can get super lights, which are cool.

18. OuNin

OuNin Member

any modification in pubs provides a negligible advantage because empires is about more than shooting single dudes or avoiding mines or dodging apcs.

with the steam release mods won't be a problem where they matter: competitive play.

like trickster said

19. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

no way they're about equal if you get used to both.
    plus one mortar +1 rpg on lt=gg
    one mortar +1rpg on afv=getting run over by afv.

20. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

aiming low is irrelevant.
    how to fight lt with afv?
    back up. while shooting him. once he gets into your blind spot. turn one way or another. the lt can't turn immediately.

how to fight lt with afv when lt is behind you?
    turn around dumbass through powersliding.

only noobs can't fight lts with afvs.

how to fight afv with lt?
    drive up to it. realize that you have less armor, and becuase you're damaging urself, you die first.

seriously, someone needs to fix lts damaging themselves whenever they're rammed right up next to another tank.