Ze forum

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zeke, Feb 5, 2011.

1. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

even if he existed.. so? :3

2. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I'm on my Ipad, writting stuff right is hard.

Also Predom I'm talking about the likelyhood. I wouldn't base my religion on such instable basis.

3. Zeke

Zeke Banned

I merely asked a question which was to bring me proof.

Claiming anything with absolute certainty is foolish (excluding priori knowledge) so i dont do that.
    However, i fully reject the claim from christianity of their gods excistance.
    But have you heard of "Russell's teapot"?

"If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time."

If ya make a grand claim of that jesus was gods son and yadda yadda...
    then i want just as grand proofs of him and his allpowerfull daddy.

"The roman 'records' where two authors who mentioned him in subordinate clause and one even write the name wrong. Also there wasn't even a census at that time. There is no prof at all for an historical jesus."

That would be enough (assuming i can confirm the documents etc) to question the excistance of a random person named jesus visiting jerusalem.

But not a son of god named jesus performing various miracles, helping the poor, having 12 diciples, a virgin birth, etc.

So untill ANYTHING grand about miracle jesus and his allpowerfull daddy is revealed... then i won't take any of the bible as any more than a work of fiction created to enslave the masses into doing the wishes of those in control. (like all the other past religious doctrines)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  4. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

the books in the bible were never made to enslave the masses. Whether the book itself was compile by the roman catholics as a means of control is up for debate.

Christians are not Catholics by definition ya know.

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

id be pretty much down with you saying there was this jewish guy called hesus that was a pretty cool guy and talked how you need to be nice to everyone and such and that if you die things are going to become better somehow since it was a pretty crap time to live in and then the romans didnt like what he said and basically killed him

id say its unlikely but plausible that this person really existed, so i would not really feel like you are doing something wrong here

but thats not jesus, jesus is that guy in the bible that supposedly walked on water, cloned fishes, came back from the dead, could fly, and some other bullocks claims

that person obviously did NOT exist

6. Zeke

Zeke Banned

im well aware of that all christians aint catholics.

And do u know what?

I got a book about a mass murderer who spends every day like this:
    Help a poor person during the day.
    Kill a random innocent person during the night.

Now there is these people which worship this guy, they are called bobarians.
    I believe in this guy but other people dont seem to enjoy the killing part so im gonna cut out that whole part of the book and only write down the parts they like.
    And im gonna call myself a Pararian... i will worship the guy none the less but im not gonna tell about the bad parts and instead say those things never happend.
    Oh and due to lack of content im gonna add some texts about how much he loves and takes care of his cute little kittens so people like him more.

Thats the diffrense between the various types of christianity.
    (except that they actually keep quite a big portion of the killing part... they just dont talk about it)

7. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

You are either catholic or satanist, there is no in-between!

8. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

That's the difference between Judaism and Christianity tbh.

Find me somewhere after christ is born where it praises war and violence.

9. Brutos

He is a dick though, he destroyed a tree just because he was there when it didn't have any fruits.
    Why would he destroy a fucking tree?

Also his golden rule applies according to him only to other jewish people, to lazy to find a reference for that. So you are basically allowed to be a dick to everyone who is outside of your peer group.

10. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Sadly most people don't know that satanism isn't about worshiping evil but about NOT worshiping any deity (that includes any god(s) as well as satan and the likes), else it has pretty similar rules like budhism.

11. Zeke

Zeke Banned

Rev 2:18-->
    "To the messenger of the church in Thyatira, write: 'The Son of God, whose eyes are like flaming fire and whose feet are like glowing bronze, says this:
    'I know what you've been doing-your love, faithfulness, service, and endurance-and that your last actions are greater than the first.
    But I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet and who teaches and leads my servants to practice immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols.
    I gave her time to repent, but she refused to repent of her immorality.
    Look! I am going to strike her with illness. Those who commit adultery with her will also suffer greatly, unless they repent from acting like her.
    I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am the one who searches minds and hearts. I will reward each of you as your works deserve.
    'But as for the rest of you in Thyatira-you who do not hold to this teaching and who have not learned what some people call the deep things of Satan-I won't burden you with anything else.
    Just hold on to what you have until I come.
    To the person who conquers and continues to do what I've commanded to the end, I will give authority over the nations.
    'He will rule them with an iron scepter; shattering them like clay pots.'
    Just as I have received authority from my Father, I will also give him the morning star.

How about that one metal smith?

lets see... first he say that people who dont convert and follow his teachings will be inflicted with illness... and that the womans childs shall die due to her actions.
    he also say that warlords who follow his teachings all the way shall be granted authority over the nations...
    then he goes on about the whole iron scepter and shattering of clay pots thing (iow: rule harsh and with usage of violence)
    hell he even calls the scepter a morning star...
    and by that he doesnt mean "a star in the morning"
    he means the blunt mace with spikes used in warfare
    [​IMG]
    Now morning stars generally dont kill fast and "clean" like swords got the ability to... instead they crush and puncture the victim partially (unless applied to the face) repeatedly...
    Leading to a far slower and painfull death compared to stabs by swords.

So yea... jesus... nice guy?... naaaaaa

12. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Obviously jesus was drunk at the time.

13. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

The king james version that I have is worded a bit differently.

"because though sufferest that woman jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed to idols."

"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds".

and then from the american standard version:

"2:18 "To the angel of the assembly in Thyatira write: "The Son of God, who has his eyes like a flame of fire, and his feet are like burnished brass, says these things:

2:19 I know your works, your love, faith, service, patient endurance, and that your last works are more than the first.

2:20 But I have this against you, that you tolerate your woman, Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. She teaches and seduces my servants to commit sexual immorality, and to eat things sacrificed to idols.

2:21 I gave her time to repent, but she refuses to repent of her sexual immorality.

2:22 Behold, I will throw her into a bed, and those who commit adultery with her into great oppression, unless they repent of her works.

2:23 I will kill her children with Death, and all the assemblies will know that I am he who searches the minds and hearts. I will give to each one of you according to your deeds.

2:24 But to you I say, to the rest who are in Thyatira, as many as don't have this teaching, who don't know what some call 'the deep things of Satan,' to you I say, I am not putting any other burden on you.

2:25 Nevertheless, hold firmly that which you have, until I come.

2:26 He who overcomes, and he who keeps my works to the end, to him I will give authority over the nations.

2:27 He will rule them with a rod of iron, shattering them like clay pots; as I also have received of my Father:

2:28 and I will give him the morning star.

2:29 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies.
    "

Other sections of this book tell us that the other churches are also being repressed.

In the same chapter he's telling people that they will be oppressed and imprisoned, and they may be killed, but to have faith. Well, shit. That's quite different than the lines a few ahead. So, go ahead and find the worst quotes you can in the bible and not look at the entire context. I already said it is full of contradictions. What's important are the lessons you take away from it.

14. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

fine, it is likely that the historical jesus of nazereth existed, but not certain, but then again, in the same way, that's like putting into doubt the existence of the mycanean world or minoan civilization.

15. complete_

complete_ lamer

no jesus like white bearded baby jesus

16. Brutos

Wat, did you read what we wrote? It is highly unlikely and improbably that he ever existed.

17. Zeke

Zeke Banned

and ur point being?

The guy was going to send one letter to more than just one church and this is relevant how?
    this one was dedicated to that specific church... in which he says he will kill her children and the whole iron rod/shattering claypots/morning star thing.
    and acording to the king james version they dont just get sick... they will suffer great tribulation.

now for those who dont know wtf tribulation means: "the Tribulation is a relatively short period of time where anyone who chose not to follow God before the Rapture and was left behind (according to Pre-Rapture Doctrine not Post or Mid Rapture teaching) will experience worldwide hardships, disasters, famine, war, pain and suffering, which will wipe out 75% of all life on the earth before part two of the Second Coming takes place."

so yea... suffer extreme edition. :)

american std version: Great opression.
    "Oppression is the exercise of authority or power in a burdensome, cruel, or unjust manner. It can also be defined as an act or instance of oppressing, the state of being oppressed, and the feeling of being heavily burdened, mentally or physically, by troubles, adverse conditions, and anxiety."
    That or inflicted with sickness... hmmm dunno which one is worse really.

The only diffrense between the meaning of the 3 is how badly the persons suffer and if its a conquerer or not... -.-'

"Find me somewhere after christ is born where it praises war and violence."

I found murder and violence.

18. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

I only have a problem with fundamentalist christians and islam.. because they always want to influence the whole or want some kind of exception to the rules.

you can believe in whatever batshit crazy story you want.. just make sure it doesnt affect me. its like homosexuals, most normal people are fine with being friends with homosexuals, unless the homosexuals start to make sexual advances on you (assuming ur straight)...

ALSO, BUDDHISM IS NOT A RELIGION.

19. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

20. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Ok calm down guys, the main point about the new testament is how god will forgive and forget if you feel true remorse, unlike the old testament which was don't do anything retarded are you are screwed for eternity and your offspring as well.

Jesus having super powers and all that is not the point, but there is a record of his crucifixion, so he might have just been a dude that talked in the day, like Muhammad in later years for the added bit in the qoran or w/e.