Zero Grav FPS :o

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Castrol GTX, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

Whoa I thought I'd be double posting, you replied fast.

Back on topic, I'm just so terrified of buying games I haven't touched yet that I don't think I'll shell out for this game until I see definitive evidence of coolness. I won't be able to pirate it though so I don't know what ill do.

2. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Well, that's my attitude towards MW2 - no dedicated servers scares me. The game looks cool, but they're doing a move that fundamentally changes how PC gaming works in the end.

This game...given good reviews before shipping, I might consider buying it on impulse, but the control scheme is going to have to be fucking awesome for it to work.

3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

yea, it kinda seems like they want to break the freedom of the internet with that, or at least corrode a part of the gaming facets of the freedom of the internet

4. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

FO3 runs fine on my 2gb.

As do most things actually apart from the ones that require 2gb minimum and they only stop working when I turn all the memory features up to max.

5. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

The advantages of console gaming: You remove user errors with regards to settings....:)

6. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Windows 7 X64 > Windows 7 > XP X64 > XP sp2 >>> Vista

Thats the way it is.

7. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

This reminds me of Tribes. So hardcore. F$%^ walking and running.
    Seems like it might be kinda trippy like that alien game was, where you were an indian and ran up walls and fought vaginas.

8. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

You people are thick. Re-read my quote. Win7 is based on Vista. It's better than Vista by far, but that's pretty much the perf work they did. The UI is virtually the same.

Go look up the OS Windows Mojave. It fucking rocks....

9. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

WOW i want windows mojave!

its in 94% of the cases better then windows vista ^^

10. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

I was mostly satisfied with Vista, and this FPS looks pretty gay.

11. Empty

Empty Member

Disadvantage, you can't mod, script, code, improve your graphics, become attached to your unique machine, upgrade for less than $500, play online as easily, use a mouse, use a keyboard, usually use a mic.

12. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Uhh...you know anything about the 360, do you?

• Costs less than 500 USD.
    • Has graphics hardware improvements that do not exist on desktop graphics chips - specifically the eDRAM. The graphics horsepower on the 360 is impressive.
    • The CPU is well architected - 3 core dual issue processor. More powerful than most desktop chips out there.
    • It was designed well enough to last until until 2012 or so...so low cost IS a advnatage here.
    • They all come with headsets these days
    • Go buy stickers to customize it....get it autographed...it's not meant to stare at though. it's functional. THat said, I love my autographed XBox...though I don't use it. I replaced it with a newer XBox and put the autographed one on display.
    • You can code for it. XNA for the xbox.
    • It's a closed platform, so you're not meant to mod it. There's a reason you don't need punkbuster or VAC on the xbox. It's beause you can't run an aimbot. That is win by itself...not having PB running in the background is an automatic plus.
    • Playing online is simple: matchmaking. Doesn't lend to clans, but who gives a shit? Consoles are more for you and your friends to pile into one room and have fun.
    • Buy a game. If the game says XBox 360 on it, it'll work. None of this "do I have DX10 hardware", "Is my CPU powerful enough" and "Do I have enough RAM?"

13. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

who buys games anymore?

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

hahaha, i had a good laugh when i herd that

and my opinion; consoles can never ever fill the gap that computer gaming would leave behind if it would dissapear

consoles are kinda neat, in that they are for a certain market that tends to be ignored by computer game designers, and computer component producers, but then again computers are still where its at for gaming, the fact that consoles are more and more leaning to "computers that have everything pre-installed, including software" proves my point imo

15. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

First off, the autographed console is loud, and runs hot. The newer ones use less power and are far quieter. And moreover, if that console red rings, well...we've all heard the story of the autographed Xbox v1 that was autographed by Bungee right?

Second off: The 360 isn't like a PC in any way. It is a very different OS...and there's really nothing "preinstalled" - you get the dashboard. THen you can add netflix, themes...games...etc. You can't browse the web (sidestepping viruses is awesome...)

As for consoles, people don't ignore them. ATI and nVidia both have vested interests in the consoles selling as I noted before - ATI being in the 360, nVidia in the PS3. The CPU is from IBM/Toshiba for both consoles...I'm pretty sure I could find some other companies with chips in there. It's just that consoles are pretty much "engineer once, build for 5 years" with mild tweaks to update the console over time (ala PS3 slim.) In a way, that's better than always needing new hardware like I mentioned before. Less engineering costs, more sales. And game designers generally design for the console first, and the PC second. Voulme sales on consoles are much higher than those on PC.

Add a mouse to my xbox (don't need a KB) and I'd never game on my PC again.

16. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

no, i havent :o

17. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Some guy got his XBox V1 (the one that came before the 360) autographed by the guys at Bungie who worked on Halo 1. Really cool and all that. Then the xbox died, he called support and they said they could fix it under warranty, but he said that it was autographed so they needed to be careful. The repair guys get the xbox and....they start by cleaning it with rubbing alcohol. Signatures go poof.

The guy then bitches as Microsoft for long enough that Bill Gates, Ballmer and a whole slew of the guys on the xbox team or something like that give him a new autgraphed xbox...

18. Empty

Empty Member

And silently his heroes all think he's a douchebag for doing so.

19. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

....?

Sorry, but if they fuck up your autographs, they should fix it in some way.

20. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

OH GOD NO NOT MY AUTOGRAPHS ANYTHING BUT THOSE.

I can understand how having an xbox without pen scribbles all over it would be totally inferior to having one with them.