Zeppelins/Blimps

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Grantrithor, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I believe that what empires needs, are blimps. My idea of the blimp would to have them built like buildings, are able to hold a number of units that are able to walk around inside(but limited so there can't be serious base rape) and gun holes for shooting out of.
    I think these will add in to having a floating base so that a team is able to use the sky to their advantage. It would have to be Driven by a player, but the pilot would not have control over weapons, there would be another player as bombardier or gunner to utilize these weapons. The blimp could be the first test to creating air units, and would encourage battles with other blimps, which might add in to the fun and enjoyment. Plus downing another blimp may look pretty awesome as it trails to the earth on fire and crashes

2. Meliarion

Meliarion Member

You might not be aware but the addition of blimps has been a sort of running joke in the empiresmod community, which I suspect is what is behind the previous two posters comments.

As for your ideas themselves they are nice but the lack of any significant anti-air weaponry in empires might make them overpowered. Having 2 people to operate it could lead to problems if some of the weapons cannot rotate freely.

As an aside I'm surprised that blimps are not in the suggestion guidelines sticky.

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

check out the map emp_tropicvendetta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.