Your Favourite Suggestion

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by bitchslap, Dec 11, 2011.

1. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

'Your' Favourite Suggestion (not an invitation)

Ok, so I have no idea the state of the dev team or their particular focus right now and the 'needs' of the game, but I just saw a sweet pic of tesla tank reminiscent of C&C: Red Alert(1 or 2, the OLD ones) and I got a little tickled pink envisioning it for Empires.

So,

1. Without the usual troll-talk, I'm thinking more vehicle chassis bases/types would add a seriously needed diversity on the field when it comes to vehicle battles, and no this is not just for the sake of adding them, but specialize them and take some of the emphasis off of customizing tank setups during the game. Everyone should still have the ability to create their tank/apc/vehicle load-out presets, but having some more unique weapons/chassis would really spice up the battlefield

2. Yes I know it has been suggested before and all that crap, but it'd nice to take a positive constructive approach to this, if we could at least try...

3. This particular idea could be a chassis designed to fit between the jeep and the apc, rather light, fast, and low armor, with weapons that perhaps only damage buildings, or maybe even only disable buildings (similar to sabotage skill). If we have the coding ability and the manpower (which like I said I simply do not know the current state) then it would likely only require 2-3 committed individuals to make a model, code the new weapons, add the chassis details, and begin localized testing.

4. If this seems feasible to any, or some then let's get some feedback from those who can actually effect a difference. I am willing to consider learning modelling and work on that aspect, or joining the devs to learn how to massage/add to the current code the necessary items.

5. Troll-free zone :) Thx

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  2. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Any suggestion that is possible that adds some diversity to the game is welcome in my book. If I had any skills in modeling, skinning or coding, I'd love to help, but I have none.

3. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

They are waiting for steam's team to reply to the message our dev team sent a few months ago regarding custom content. Other then that... some bug fixes.

I wish they could get someone to man up and do the gui code. They just keep pushing it off saying how crappy that code is. I don't blame them... I do the same but, it really needs doing.

4. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

whats up with the gui ?

just do something a little more year 2000 ?

5. Marshall Mash

Marshall Mash 3D Artist

From what I understand the GUI is made in such a way that changing it is really difficult, but I'll let one of the coders expand on that.
    And yeah more chassis sounds like a good idea, I made this thing in 2 afternoons it could be like a heavy APC or something? I dunno.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think me and firewarrior are the only modelers but the problem is I/we don't know how to rig the vehicles, I've been trying to contact dizzy maybe he'll see this post.

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

youd be stunned how diverse empires would get if researching would be handled on a per player basis and not be decided randomly by a commander. as it is, there would be enough diversity, its just limited to about 1.5 upgraded tank designs per round by how we research - well, to be fair, since meds got so quick to research its probably 2.3 or so tank designs, but why take a med instead of a heavy if it has no advantages at all (or even worse, mainly disadvantages)

but neither of this are options that ever got considered. people simply dont want a better game, they only care for their overpowered items. heavies would need to get a lot weaker and slower too, they shouldnt take more then a med, they already have twice the firepower, that should be more then enough to consider them stronger ...

in the end people would still research what item is considered the most overpowered in the respective version, but the one guy that researches plasma for himself will carry his team to victory ...

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

We just don't have the manpower to do anything big like a GUI rewrite. We'd need a dedicated coder with weeks of free time, and we have 3 coders with a couple of hours a week, tops. And whilst the GUI is being worked on, nothing else can be touched. It's just not possible to do it.

I also don't really think something like this would be considered high on the priority list. There's a lot more important things that need to be done rather than adding an arguably redundant vehicle, which I personally don't see the space for.

8. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I get a hardon when we start talking about removing heavies and making tank combat faster (both in duration and velocity).

Oh and machine gun jeeps.

9. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I so want machine gun jeeps..... like so much want.

10. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

11. ImSpartacus

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Allowing 2nd passenger rifleman to mount their mg on the hood of jeep/ hatch of tank, and same with gren. That or putting an ammo box on the back of the jeep.

13. FN198

FN198 Member

"your favorite suggestion" will turn out to be as dumb as "the best tank"

best and favorite are not the same, but the members of this forum clearly do not understand that.

14. ImSpartacus

Then thank God this thread isn't called "Best Suggestion". Your point is null.

15. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

Thanks for the headsup, this is what I was wondering, tis a shame we don't have more coders. What language is it in? (pardon my ignorance) I'll start studying, as frankly that model posted on page 1 seems pretty hot to me (Whether poly count is good or if it even could work ingame is something i'm far too ignorant to judge, but nonetheless is it ver nice)

As far as this vehicle idea goes, I agree it could be argued redundant, but I'm coming fresh back into a game that I love (which I know many of you do) that is seemingly 'losing' its playerbase, and frankly a year 2000 GUI would help that A LOT, I was also aiming for further diversity ingame to attract more reg. players. I'm aware it could easily be 6-8 months before seeing any new vehicle ingame if we even had the manpower, but my vision would see current game of 5 vehicles evolve into a game with approx. 10 chassis' and likely no need to research the base chassis. (Frankly a heavy or arty with weak-ass armor [early game] would be damn quick fodder for a gren/lev1 ML anyways)

This is where I'm going with the idea.....

Anyways, if I can help in any way on GUI, let me know. Gimme something to go on, skills needed, knowledge of __________, that sort of thing. I'll see what I can do.

I will rename the thread, I meant for it to be cheeky, not an invitation for everyone to post their ideas....

(although some of them I do like, please make your own threads, thank you)

16. FN198

FN198 Member

read fool. people are ignorant of the fact that best does not equal favorite and favorite does not equal best so it doesn't matter what the thread is called if it is either best or favorite.

0/10 please get out.

17. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Stop trying to make an issue of something we don't care about.

18. ImSpartacus

You have no proof (and I'm being generous).

All you have is that 'best' implies 'favorite' (and it's shaky at best), NOT the other way around.

This is a conditional statement, NOT a stronger bi-conditional.

The statement could be a bi-conditional, but we have no way of knowing without further proof.

Until you show me a thread where 'favorite' turned into 'best', your speculation has no place in this thread.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  19. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

you two found eachother didnt you?

20. FN198

FN198 Member

how about this?
    you're wrong.
    clearly lorddz doesn't speak for you when he says no one cares.

flasche, someone has got to smack the kids around when they forget that they have to think before they post.