Your Emp Background

Discussion in 'General' started by Lawliet, Nov 9, 2012.

1. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Anyone who still plays and is in a clan is in EPIC.
    Lies, you never played quite a lot. Sitting in spec isn't playing and i remember you doing that since 2.12 ^^

2. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I am not in epic

3. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Change that to was in epic at some point then...

4. ukgamer

ukgamer more like noob gamer

The amount of time I spent in spec increased as I got bored of the actual game and was more interested in the random conversations in spec. Eventually all the interesting people also got bored and left, so there was no reason for me to open the game anymore.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I was about to say something and then I just remembered I don't play empires.

6. my_fat_monkey

my_fat_monkey Oh you're my sister!

I still the urge to download and play again, though every time I contemplate playing again I remember that I'll probably end up stacking or being stacked against with half the players sitting in spec on the same maps over and over again.

That and it's unlikely I'll see another full server.

I miss the game, but for now I'm just waiting for the next 'Empires' to come along. I think I'll be waiting a long time.

7. FN198

FN198 Member

empiresmod is without a doubt in my mind, the best team based multiplayer videogame there is.

Fileplanet sent out a newsletter announcing Empires 2.0's launch as an FPS/RTS. I downloaded the game and joined cc2iscool's furry empires server. I remember doing stupid shit with dorito lord. I later joined bsid, and he later joined jpl. Ever since then we've only said one thing to each other; "fatty".

I kept playing because Dubee and I had made a pact with George Washington and Abraham Lincoln to stomp on the eurotrash menace.

One thing that always made empires suck was vehicle customization. Clearly it was unique and fun to make your tank do silly things, but it was also the steepest step to climb in the learning curve for new players. How many times have you stomped on the opposition simply because your commander knew how to research and the other didn't? I think streamlining the tech tree would have added more life to this mod.

I wanted to be that clever commander who could turn games around by coordinating maneuvers that no one immediately understood. The best moments were when people would do what I wanted them to even though they themselves didn't understand why, and suddenly won because of it. Their collective 'wtf' was better than sex for me.

I stopped playing because now either the playercount is too low, or there is no desire for teamplay.

8. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

The bsid, pug and general playerbase hate had nothing to do with it.

seems legit

9. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

One of my earliest memories in Empires was with you doing some very effective noob funnelling on slaughtered. We got heavies and rushed bridge, even though no-one knew they were rushing the bridge. For my money one of the best micro comms.

10. Comand'zorz' Asz

Comand'zorz' Asz Member

Well I first encountered them in empires and I thought they were all trolls so I ignored, then I saw Chad Roco's review but still I ignored. Oddly enough it was youtube poops that made me look into the source in the depression of the end of last school semester and.... wait ...

damnit, Dashiet's avatar screwed me up. wrong story.

Empires origin story? I played other source mods like eternal silence and Age of chivalry back in 2008, and then I saw empires in the "Everybody build a light tank I'm commie and i'm drunk" video and downloaded it.

ew I like FN's quote.
    I wanted to be FN but except with maneuvers it was build orders and artillery...

11. complete_

complete_ lamer

or as the video uploader calls it "an african-american under the influence of an alcholic beverage"

12. communism

communism poof

cuz im hood