Your best and worse Commanding experience

Discussion in 'General' started by Tovarich Cookie, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

Tell us about it. The most awesome game and the most awefull game you ever had as a comm. Vent your spleen or preach your holiness here.

Best comm game: About a week ago, in frozensummit. I have a team of newbies (i have never seen any of them before) that actively listened, and communicates and do as i say. It is a very gratifying experience of having a highly motivated force that is happy to play the game. They understand when i asked them to stop building vehicles so i can research (ZOMG i didnt have to lock VF once!), waits in base with 8 AFVs when i ask them to, etc. I enjoyed teaching these people, even though by the end of the game my throat is raspy from talking/explaining the game. The 40-odd CV roadkills made it awesome too.

Worst FUCKING game ever: yesterday, emp_slaughter. I had the most fucked-up team any commander can imagine, with everyone on the team trying to second-guess me. "no, we dont need bottom right base. it is just a refinery". "I am going to build the bridge". "no, i am not going to build a refinery. I am a combat engineer." In all, everyone just fucked off and did whatever they want, with NF managing to rush our southeast in 5 minutes because i have a grand total of 0 members defending/going there in the first place. They are all screwing around at bridge.

2. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

I've had a lot of good and bad games. The bad games I try to forget because if I dwell on them for too long I go into a homicidal rage.

3. o_O

o_O Member

Well recently I commed a pretty good comeback. We were BE on canyon, half the team rushed north, half west. They were pretty slow, so I had to put our 'north' rax on our side of the choke point. No one built it and it died, twice. Same thing happened in west, also twice. We end up with 1 rax just outside the chokepoint leading to north. At that point I announce a fail game and figure ok, we turtle just enough to put up a solid fight and save for an APC rush.

Then the vets that were in spec join and the whole team just starts working together. Or really we lost so much land that we couldn't all wander off anymore. They storm north with my boomtank close behind and we clear some space and put up a Barracks. Standard canyon rax duel ensues, except halfway through the game with light tanks attacking us. I go boomtank circles around their rax until they sticky stun me and wall me in. I ask for help and Rex orders the team not to help me and go after the barracks instead. I realize thats better and agree. I get out and blow through like 3 engis while everyone else takes out the rax. We set up a base in north and start researching finally as they pump out LT's. I boom tank around, managing to flip a light tank, squish some infantry, and somehow get stuck vertically against a canyon wall (I took falling damage when I got out) until my team frees me. More boomtanking and base defense ensues.

Someone says the enemy comm is in south so I say what the hell lets go after him. I drive south, see the enemy comm just chilling by their base, plow strait into it and just barely manage to wall him in. The team oriented half of our team shows up as grens, wastes the enemy engis just before they free their comm, and unload on it until it dies.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  4. [D3]Leroy Jenkins

[D3]Leroy Jenkins Member

My best would probably be when our team was about to lose after a rush on duststorm and i got the cv out when the there base built a spawn killed their rax and walled in their com and won. It was epic and the execution was perfect.

My worst is hard to decide since there have been so many:p
    But the 2 ones that standout the most are 1: Where we were about to win on Isle we had rushed nuke heavies and succeeded and were killing their com but they still had 1 tank left and no one knew where it was and i was still in the middle of nowhere after i had runaway from their last rush so suddenly the tank appears in front of me i try to run but he had plasma i overheat and die before i even call for health it was sad and my whole team was like "wtf?" they had 1 person left and he killed you.

and 2: When BJ killed me all by himself as gren when we where on mvalley when i was in north base and hadn't bothered to place turrets yet like my usual stupid self.

5. Omega_K2

Omega_K2 Member

Best:
    uhm... not sure. Had some pretty good ones, but meh.

Once I researched lvl3 turrets, drove to the enemy com (with one NF LIGHT following me) and we walled him and placed lvl3 around him blowing him up :D (his team couldn't react in time)

Worst ("my experience was the wrost"):

Basically these are because my team was fucking listening..

1) emp_slaughtered

(I think this was 2.12, not sure though)
    I was NF com and we pretty much had the upper hand on the map. We had Nuke heavies aswell as the BE base in the east. BE barly had resoruces and only medium tanks. Our tanks (3-4) were currently attacking the middle base near the bridge.

I noticed there was one tank and the ENEMY CV rushing to the bridge, gave targets to the tanks and told them over mic to move the bridge to kill it...

But hey, as I had deaf and blind people on team, they didn't really notice (or care) and just went proceeding killing the be base in the mid next to bridge instead of turning around and killing the CV/med.

In the meantime the guy in the CW /Med build the bridge and took down the walls on our side of the bridge (as well as the one guy defending it - who was the only one reacting to my screams over mic).

I think you can guess what happend afterwards, I told everyone to killspawn in our main, but only the guy who defended the bridge did it; so that tank /CV took down our main and BE bulild a base there. Then we also lost our 4 nuke heavies near the bridge and BE rushed us from both sides...

I renember that one guy blamed me for them not telling that someone rushed over bridge, and I was like "WTF I'VE BEEN TELLING YOU FOR 5 MINUTES ,YOU RETARD".

2) emp_midbrige
    (on one of these n00b servers I think),
    this was an pretty even game, still quite early. I was NF com, BE apprently had a pretty bad com, as he researched heavies without any armor. 2 of these said std-cannon heavies drove to the southwest, where I build a VF/RADAR and currenlty was building a few ML Turrets.

As usual I told my team to destroy them and gave them targets, but hey, NF guys in the lights deceided to drive PAST the heavies instead of attacking them and helping their commander. I even told to killspawn.
    I thought wow, someone wants to help me! He went to the VF and bought a light tank - "finally some help" I thought... but I thought wrong: He just drove past me and disappeared NORTH of our base...

These 2 std cannon heavies killed me and we lost the game. I was repairing the CV to prevent it from dying (I was overheated - couldn't move) and even the turrets couldn't help to prolong the game.

6. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Watching a rifleman, grenadier, and scout taking on a single lvl1 mg turret on top of the roof in city on cyclopean. All three died.

7. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

Fail. Fail. Fail.

8. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

My best would be me pushing a team of 3 engineers from the middle of mvalley into BE's base, building a ninjarax, and then getting arty some time later and obliterating north.

My worst was getting ninja'd in our base. I had adequate defenses, but no one kill-spawned/came to help. We were crushing them up north (mvalley), and were about 2 minutes from winning. They got a ninjarax on the hill behind meh, and we losted.

Also, any time I win on tropicvendetta is fun.

9. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

I had a great nuke heavy showdown with sonecha on slaughtered. Nuke heavies are always nice. The tropicvendetta CW V JPL was also very good.

Too many fail games to count.

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

BE, were winning and had 90% of the terrain, the nf were holding on the last ref and rax they had

suddenly my team discovered camera spinning (someone instructed them how to do it and things went mad from there) and decided it was more important then finishing off the enemy

we lost due to a light tank rush... we had heavies etc

11. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

camera spinning?

12. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Cameras Can Spin? How?

13. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

Well, my worst experiences are on youtube, lol.

14. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

Don't worry, I do it a lot.

A ninja a day, keeps a shitty commander away

:)

15. mgX

mgX Member

so that wasnt like, a normal day?