you spin me right round baby right round

Discussion in 'Support' started by petemyster, Feb 13, 2008.

1. petemyster

petemyster Member

i've had this twice. One when 2.0 was released, and one just there now. As soon as the motd comes up the camera starts spinning. When i select my team and spawn, i start spinning out of control. It automatically makes my walk forward and turn left, which means i do massive circles while slowly going forward. I had no idea how i fixed it last time, and there were no console errors. I tried searching for this bug.

2. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Hmmm

I think it has something to do with Joystick settings.
    Try looking there

Offtopic: This thread reminds me too much of a certain website I'd like to forget

3. arklansman

arklansman Member

Turn off the joystick.

4. gezor

gezor Member

lol, i saw u spinning. looked funny. u kept runing against the wall like a retard^^

sometimes i have a similar movement bug: i move around, suddenly i walk into one direction and cant stop i.e. i run forward, suddenly i start moving to the right, all keys are blocked except D (the key which is assigned to the direction i unintentionaly move). this happens in battle too. i died several times because of this bug (i really get angry, when im under heavy fire, hiding behind a turret and then i suddenly run into death, although i didnt touch single a movement key)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  5. petemyster

petemyster Member

lol meatspin right? :D
    That was cracker joke in our school for a while. Also, i forgot to report it was joystick, it decided it wanted to enable itself for some reason. ^^

6. gezor

gezor Member

sry, this isnt a empires bug. i have it in other games too. (maybe its my PS2 to USB adapter ...)

7. Empty

Empty Member

This happens to me, my mouse is dodgy, and it happens at random in all FPS.
    I jsut spin out, really screws up that perfect ehadshot. But it does make the terrorist laugh at the pirhouetting CT.

8. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

I've had this one, and on a laptop I had an even worse bug:

Sometimes, often while in games or searching the internet, my mouse would lose its' control and move up to the right corner.. And if you're searching the internet, there's a big X there. Often it hitted that X by itself..

9. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

That happened with my old mouse, i fixed it by buying a new one, one that actually works.

10. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

This happens when an input device looses it's connection or is not properly adjusted. Remember on the N64 if you held your joystick in a direction when you turned it on, it would always move forwards in the game?

anyhow, I used to get this with my optical mouse when it would get dust on it, the last signal received would tell it to move up and left. My games would then spin and move to the top left, depending on what I was doing. It seems that the default position for the mouse pointer is the top left of the screen.

Anyhow, It's either the signal fades or is disrupted, or your joystick is broken/way too sensitive.

11. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

explain.

12. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

the close button. next to the _ and the restore buttons.

13. petemyster

petemyster Member

lol i kindof forgot to report the solution which someone told me. The game decided to activate joystick one me while i was playing (so just incase you guys think im more of an idiot that usual, I DID NOT TURN IT ON :P ). So if does start spinning on you, just go to mouse-> deactive joystick

14. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

This happens to me all the time; and its just because I got a shitty 4 year old over abused mouse...