You Bastard

Discussion in 'General' started by Worlder, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Worlder

Worlder Member

Have you ever went on an empty server and claim all the refs, steal the enemy comm and drive it deep inside your territory, then research level 3 turrets and surround the enemy barracks with Lvl 3 MGs, then wait for some poor shmuck to join and get oblierated?

I have I've tried to claim all refs build lvl 3 MGs around the single enemy barrack then wait for someone seeking a one on one on a relatively empty server to join. Then predictable results time.

2. manbeef

manbeef Member

Yes, I am just as sadistic as you.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think I ended up leaving before anyone showed up, I was just kinda learning how to comm and whatnot.

3. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

ui went the extra mile to build a UBER efenced base and build a full army of heavys supported by artys with noone in em

4. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

5. theotherjms

theotherjms Developer

Better yet, do it with both bases. Surround both enemy raxes with lvl3 MGs, then drive the CVs far away. No one on either team can get to the CVs to recycle the turrets or suicide the CV - total deadlock.

Only way to end it is to have an admin restart the map.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot, you can still sneak out as a scout with hide. Still, pretty bad deadlock.

6. Omneh

Omneh Member

Not if you make walls. ;)

7. theotherjms

theotherjms Developer

Sneak out, sab the MGs, change to engi, decon.
    Takes a while, but still no total deadlock.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  8. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

sv_cheats 1
    bind "v" "give emp_building_(team imp or nf)_(turret type ml or mg)turret"

then turn on the debug build and you can place a turret farm down of such massive proportions as never before witnessed in empires history.

9. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Build towers of turrets :D

10. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

If you were to wall in the barracks with friendly walls built to max height, then another ring of walls at just the right height so that a scout can't jump on them while crouched, and have level 3 mg's beyond those walls, and some more L3's on hillsides above the walls, it would take a very long time to break out. You would need scout, engy, and gren working together and respawning a lot to make it out. You might even run out of tickets with enough turrets.

11. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

you can only place com walls if you want them to stay. Also, com walls can't be placed as close as infantry walls. Infantry can make a wall ramp up for a scout to get out.

12. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

That was a good test. I believe we were testing the 2.2 particles or something that day.

I discovered even Buddha didn't save me

13. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

IIRC, we were testing a bug where the mls of one faction wouldnt shoot correctly.

14. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

Something like that

All I know is I died

alot

15. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

Bam, MSPainted.
    [​IMG]
    Those are friendly walls, so you can't decon them. And Enemy level 3 MG turrets, with maybe a few ML's to keep away engy turrets.

If you're in the zone between the walls without scout hide, you're dying in a rush. If you get scout hide, you can sneak to the outer walls, but you cant jump on top of them without first standing because theyre built just a tad too high.

The trick would then to be to get an engy into the zone to lift the scout out of the second walls. But an engy would be shot to peices as soon as his head cleared the first ring. Even if he did plop down, and even if he did drop new walls to cover himself, he wouldn't be able to move to the outer ring (unless he's extremely careful, and patient) to lift the scout out.

Other than that, a really dedicated gren could rocket/mortar snipe all the turrets. Or maybe you could repair things and revive each other to build up squad points, then activate squad hide and run like hell. Nevertheless, it would take way too long to get out, especially if someone were on a hill shooting at you the whole time.

Holy shit did I seriously write this much about something so silly?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  16. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

You sure did. Also a engy could just build a wall up so a gren could sit crouched and rocket snipe with just his head exposed and the mgs wouldn't shoot him. Not to undermine your great work or anything....

17. Worlder

Worlder Member

I also made the effort of going past the resource event horizon of <100 res and deconstructing all refs so that there is no way that team can ever win because they can't even build one ref to get more res.

"You Bastard!" indeed.

18. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

That particular one was stress testing dizzy's server. The MG farm was a different time iirc but yeah it was for testing particles. Epic blood fountains with god mode and 100 mgs. The best is when me and communism found the impulse101 bug and we practiced using one guy with HMG and another on the other team with mousewheel impulse101 binds to boost people insanely far up like onto the top of slaughtered. Hysterical especially since if you got a HS when they were really close it killed faster then you could realistically heal. We did get up some crazy ass places though.

19. Wilson

Wilson Member

To bad the CV is generating 1 res/sec.

The only way to completely stop a game would prolly be to get a bunch of jeeps stuck in the rax entrances. Even with Castrols death trap a grenadier can still rocket snipe the turrets. And a scout with enough points could just use squad hide.

What if you made a wall around the rax the stacked friendly jeeps on top of each other? They would effectively block all passage and be immune to deconstruct., since nine-mine is removed that wont work either. Only problem would be to get all those jeeps into the right position(might have to raise the vechile cap aswell).

20. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Yeah its not like you can't get in jeeps and drive them or anything. And unless something has been changed I missed CVs don't give res.