Wiki Warriors

Discussion in 'General' started by Devourawr, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

http://wiki.empiresmod.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

I'm on a neverending quest, resuming today, to keep the wiki up to date. With the new patch set to come out, this is going to be a nightmare.

I'm going to use this thread as a place to dump my questions for the community in regards to what they want, but developers will take precedent, naturally. Most of the work is fixing up spelling errors, or irregular and contradictory formats. But you'll get the idea of things that I will be asking soon enough, as this post will be updated with them.

I will also be requesting things from the community. Mostly pictures, probably, but I'm sure there will be some things I can't do that I'll be asking somebody with more time/talent to do for me.

If you want a wiki account, just PM myself, Brutos or Beerdude. If you do end up helping, talk pages and the 'reasons for editing' function are your friends

Also, feel free to use this thread to debate things/flame one another/derail into asking whether Storm Troopers or Ewoks would win in a non-forested environment.

Questions to you folks
    --Should we use Pistol 1/Pistol 2 for names, or go with their 'canon' names of '9mm pistol, shot pistol, heavy pistol'. It seems like a dumb question, but it seems as though there was uncertainty with past editors of the wiki, so both these are used depending on what page you were viewing, and occasionally it defers on the same page.
    this is equally retarded in-game as well. Security has a good idea to get around it though, thanks

Requests
    --I would appreciate it if somebody could screenshot and post here the effects of a smoke grenade and a concussion grenade. If you can make a .gif animated version of these, I will love you forever.
    --Image of Orange target icon appearing, after a camera/radar has revealed something
    --new picture of an engineer construction a turret
    --screenshots of a resource node (thanks dee dee-dee)

rawrminder, get definite values for the turrets and their respective levels in terms of range and damage.
    also fix the armory layout when it's not 3am.
    overhaul refinery page
    enormous buttfuckinglypainful script updates
    update aircraft factory when you get bored
    ROF in real numbers (god damn you make life hard security <3)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Excellent my padawan, continue the work (I populated many of the articles of the Wiki)

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I'll see (if I remember) about getting into a position where I can also give out access. I can only really apologise for not doing that sooner, it's something I just never got round to.

4. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

I have admonistrator rights, so when I next jump onto my laptop I'll make your account an admin.

EDIT: You already had beaurocrat, meaning you could add people earlier, but now you have admin too.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Oh ok. I don't even know my account details so I'll log in when I next get chance. But honestly, I don't anticipate doing much other than going grammar nazi on the odd article.

I know ukgamer wanted to do something involving the wiki, I recommend getting in contact with him.

6. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

UKgamer also made his own wiki cuz he though the current one was so screwed he wanted to start over.

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

The resource nodes differ from map to map, do you want the nodes from all the official maps, just a couple of them, or one?

8. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

The ones on coast look nice. Try get one with the sea in the background so we can show we care :P

9. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

10. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Don't suppose anyone knows how to upload favicons to wikis?
    The site only allows for basic image file types, so the normal approach doesn't work, and google has come up with nothing.

11. complete_

complete_ lamer

i might do the nades tomorrow. no guarantees

12. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

This is pretty easy. Take a "Cycle Time" value and use it to divide 60, for example: 60 / 0.08 = 750 RPM